RSS FeedRSS Feeds for US - MidWest

Premier Sponsor:

steelfoot

Aug 27, 2004, 1:47 PM
Post #1 of 6 (1345 views)
Shortcut

Jackson Falls Gathering- Sept. 10 - 12
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Private Reply | Can't Post

Anyone up for a gathering the weekend of September 10th at Jackson Falls? I should have a few people with me from the newly formed Western Kentucky club Climb High Cave Low.

organic

Aug 27, 2004, 3:15 PM
Post #2 of 6 (1345 views)
Shortcut

Re: Jackson Falls Gathering- Sept. 10 - 12 [In reply to]
Report this Post

Why not Labor day weekend? Thats when we will be there.

mingleefu

Aug 27, 2004, 4:05 PM
Post #3 of 6 (1345 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

In reply to:
Anyone up for a gathering the weekend of September 10th at Jackson Falls? I should have a few people with me from the newly formed Western Kentucky club Climb High Cave Low.

I'll be there.

...And so will about 50 newbs from the University of IL climbing club's callout trip...

I thought it only fair to warn you.

climbthemiz

Aug 28, 2004, 10:30 PM
Post #4 of 6 (1345 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

Im gonna try to head to the falls here in a few weeks, I want to be there when the leaves change and when it gets cooler, mabye sept 25th and 26th and defintly in october

mistymountainhop

Aug 28, 2004, 10:41 PM
Post #5 of 6 (1345 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

The Falls is a F*&king zoo on weekends,but I was there today and it wasnt bad at all. Weird. I do my best to avoid the hoards of inexperienced Chicago climbers that take it over every weekend and hit up some of the low key bouldering areas.

mingleefu

Sep 10, 2004, 6:53 PM
Post #6 of 6 (1345 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

In reply to:
I'll be there.

...And so will about 50 newbs from the University of IL climbing club's callout trip...

I thought it only fair to warn you.

I'm replying here out of fairness. Noone really likes to show up to a crag and find hoards of people all over the routes that they wanted to climb. So, as a courtesy to anyone who might be considering Jackson Falls this weekend (Sept 10-12), I'm extending the information that our estimated number has increased. We're now expecting more in the 60-70 range. It's going to be a zoo. Madness! Mayhem! Soap?

Please don't feel that I'm ousting anyone. Feel free to come down and party with us. We're planning to have lots of ropes up on easy routes for beginners. If you want to climb these routes, you can probably catch a ride on one of our ropes. If you want to lead the route, you can lead over a toprope, or we'll pull it aside.

I understand that bringing a crowd of this magnitude seems to monopolize the area. However, it is just as proper for the individuals in this crowd to have an opportunity to climb here as it is for you or I.

This is also a bump, getting the information to anyone who missed the thread on the first go around. Kinda like Keaton from The Usual Suspects, I just figured it'd be better for you to hear it from me now, than to already be there and find out later.

-Andy.

Forums : Climbing Partners : US - MidWest

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook