RSS FeedRSS Feeds for US - South

Premier Sponsor:

topgunpilot20

Sep 1, 2004, 5:38 AM
Post #1 of 12 (2248 views)
Shortcut

Multi pitch at e-rock?
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

i read somewhere that e-rock had a multi-pitch climb. is this true? if so, does anyone have any details. i can't find anything about multi pitch climbs in Sean O'Grady's e-rock guide.

nnichols

Sep 1, 2004, 5:17 PM
Post #2 of 12 (2248 views)
Shortcut

Re: Multi pitch at e-rock? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

E-rock actually has a few multi-pitch climbs. Check out www.erockonline.com - there is helpful information there specific to E-rock. The latest and greatest guidebook by Sean O'Grady is for sale there (you can get this elsewhere also). Have fun :)

rodeomountain

Sep 1, 2004, 6:04 PM
Post #3 of 12 (2248 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

There are a couple "multi pitch" climbs at E-rock. Most of them are only a 1-1/2 pitch. Dome Driver is one of them. I believe it is 5.7. There are a couple others on the backside but allot of them are multi-pitch treverses. I think one of those treverses is like 16+ pitches because it treverses the whole backside. All of these are bolted. I think there are a few places you can place gear but not enough to care a rack for. Expect long runouts.

melekzek

Sep 1, 2004, 6:06 PM
Post #4 of 12 (2248 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
16+ pitches

seriously? how many turns does it make around the dome :lol:

rodeomountain

Sep 1, 2004, 6:10 PM
Post #5 of 12 (2248 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I'm prob wrong on the number but I know it's allot. I think the name is Grand Treverse. I don't have the guide in front of me.

jaybird2

Sep 1, 2004, 10:04 PM
Post #6 of 12 (2248 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Damn. I am going to Austin for the weekend and that impressive list of routes at erockonline has got me excited. How much trad is there? How long are the pitches? Damn dat's a lotta dimp. Maybe the grand traverse is 16 freakin' pitches. I am getting excited about climbing in Texas... Moving to OK from CO has had horrible effects on me.

bsignorelli

Sep 1, 2004, 10:10 PM
Post #7 of 12 (2248 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Moving to OK from CO has had horrible effects on me.

I haven't been to erock but I've heard that if the Witchitas in OK don't impress you then e-rock probably won't either.

Anyways...CO is close enough to a lot of OK for weekend or three to four day trips. :)

Bryan

jaybird2

Sep 1, 2004, 10:32 PM
Post #8 of 12 (2248 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Didn't mean to bash OK there. The climbers and the climbing in OK are pretty sick. Live in Tulsa now and I can head 3 hours east to hundreds and hundreds of quality sport/trad routes or 3 hours west to hundreds of quality trad routes. Limestone, Granite, Sandstone... it is all fairly close. CO is a hellofa weekend trip. Worth it though if you want to get on some multi-pitch trad in the Park. But that is more than a weekend gettaway. I am learning that size doesn't matter so much. Single-pitch is not as fun as multi-pitch, but it is still climbing.

cchildre

Sep 1, 2004, 10:39 PM
Post #9 of 12 (2248 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I like the Wichita's way more than E-rock. No crowds, no entry fee, tons of trad, plenty of multi pictchs, a few nice sport routes if you look around. If you want something like E then just hit Quartz Mountain, a similar type area with lots of slab work. If you are at E rock be sure to hit the triple cracks area, fine climbing in there with plenty of shade, just get there early :) If you would like some company or a tour of the Wichitas then drop me a line and we could do a trip sometime. You will not regret it. I am still only a 5.8 trad climber at best.

erockguide

Sep 1, 2004, 11:44 PM
Post #10 of 12 (2248 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
i read somewhere that e-rock had a multi-pitch climb. is this true? if so, does anyone have any details. i can't find anything about multi pitch climbs in Sean O'Grady's e-rock guide.

I must say, it's wierd to see my full name metioned on Rockclimbing.com. COOL!!!

Erock does have a few multi-pitch climbs. If you look at page 74 in my book, you will see the routes that are multipitch (not psuedo-multipitch, but fill rope lenghts). Have fun!!!

topgunpilot20

Sep 1, 2004, 11:51 PM
Post #11 of 12 (2248 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
I must say, it's wierd to see my full name metioned on Rockclimbing.com. COOL!!!

Erock does have a few multi-pitch climbs. If you look at page 74 in my book, you will see the routes that are multipitch (not psuedo-multipitch, but fill rope lenghts). Have fun!!!
oh, i see it now. talk about getting straight from the horse's mouth (no offense). thanks a lot.

erockguide

Sep 2, 2004, 12:03 AM
Post #12 of 12 (2248 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

my pleasure!

Forums : Climbing Partners : US - South

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook