Forums: Climbing Partners: International:
Looking for a belay partner in Berlin
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for International

Premier Sponsor:

friskytown

Sep 16, 2004, 11:25 AM
Post #1 of 2 (2014 views)
Shortcut

Looking for a belay partner in Berlin  (North_America: United_States: North_Carolina: Western: Grandmother_Boulders)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Please reply to: sfw@berkeley.edu (can't seem to read responses
through this forum)

I'd like to do some regular indoor climbing at Magic Mt / T Hall (and elsewhere) in Berlin; don't have gear/training for setting up outdoor routes, but am open to learning. I climb in the 5.10 - 5.11 range in the states, enjoy bouldering and am getting more comfortable with lead climbing.

A bit about me -- I'm a 27 yr old grad student at U.C. Berkeley, escaping my dissertation for a couple months here in Berlin. Also -- I'm a petite woman, about 5'2", 110 lbs, which would only be an issue if we're leading and you're much bigger...

Hope to start climbing soon!

Partner tisar

Sep 16, 2004, 12:28 PM
Post #2 of 2 (2014 views)
Shortcut

Re: Looking for a belay partner in Berlin [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Hi!

As there's a loosly associated group of people I climb with on an almost regular base, I'll just pm you my number. We normally climb once or twice a week either outdoors (towers in Schoeneberg or Ahrendsfelde) or in T-hall.

For the gear thing: Routes in reach of berlin (exception Elbsandstein) are mostly prepared to be climbed with nothing but some quickdraws and a couple of slings. There's no real "setting up" problem as glue-in anchors are overall standard and routes tend to be nailed down to gym "quality".

I hope we'll get out to Loebejuen again before it gets wet and cold. It's a very nice place with a good variety of perfectly prepared sport routes. Perhaps you'll join us. Just gimme a call.

- Daniel

* edited for spelling of "Ahrendsfelde" *

Forums : Climbing Partners : International

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook