Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Partner bad_lil_kitty

Sep 20, 2004, 5:20 PM
Post #26 of 30 (1655 views)
Shortcut

Re: climbing to impress a guy vs finding someone to climb wi [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

D - I was introduced to climbing by to co-workers - I worked on the other side of a climbing wall of a facility that they belonged to.

tonithegreat

Sep 20, 2004, 5:45 PM
Post #27 of 30 (1655 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I guess I'm a C, with a little D and E too. I started climbing with a whole group of male and female freinds, including my SO at the time. I guess he and I were the most avid, as we were the only ones actually buying outdoor gear and driving to Georgia all the time and learning to set it up ourselves for TR and later sport. Although, by the time he was belaying me on sport, we'd broken up, so I guess we were back into E territory. :lol: I think the fact that we were a couple when we started was coincidence. Sure, we enjoyed climbing with each other (he's still my most trusted belayer), but we were climbing for the climbing, not the couples aspect of things.

Toni

lazygirl

Sep 21, 2004, 7:42 AM
Post #28 of 30 (1655 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

My Dad got me into climbing, it was one of his secret attempts to get his cubby teenage daughter to lose some weight. I was 13/14. His plan worked and I have been climbing ever since.

I met my boyfriend over a year ago in Camp 4 about two years into my climbing life. He is now a climbing bum. Convenient for me. He was in Joshua Tree all winter and it gave me an excuse to go there regularly. Now he is living in Yosemite. I'm going next week to visit and climb.

However, we are not climbing partners. Yes, we climb together, but for some reason I find it uncomfortable. He is a lot more sociable than I am, though, and always manages to make me friends to climb with (I don't really have any climbing partners at the moment). I climb harder (only a little) and am more inclined to lead then he is. People will talk to us and assume he does the leading and climbs harder, he'll have to tell people that I know what I'm doing and that I do it better than him.

A friend of his was out bouldering with us one day in JT. I got a little higher on the route we were working on and his friend said, "What, are you going to let your girlfriend climb higher than you?"
Adam replied, "I don't let her: that's just the way it happens."

I see so many girls whose boyfriends will go and climb with other people but the girl will only climb with the boyfriend. I think both partners need to climb apart and together. I believe that one of the reasons our relationship is so healthy is because, even though we never would have meet if we didn't climb, we share a love for climbing and the lifestyle but don't confine ourselves to only climbing with each other.

We also get very lazy around each other and sometimes it's amazing that we ever start climbing in the first place. If I didn't climb with people other than Adam I'd never get anything done.

littlelizard

Sep 21, 2004, 7:48 PM
Post #29 of 30 (1655 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I just started climbing over the summer. I'm a total addict.

I'd wanted to climb for a long time before, but being a bit of an introvert, couldn't quite figure out how to go about it. When my bf and I got together, I was looking forward to picking his brain and learning how to do it. He's been at it for a few years, but my enthusiasm is rubbing off and he's pushing himself harder with me.

I do it to impress myself and clear my mind of all the crap that accumulates up there. (Although I admit I glow a little when he brags to others that "Nichole rocked right up there! She's impressive...")

lubit, lubit, lubit!

kathy

Sep 22, 2004, 7:27 AM
Post #30 of 30 (1655 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
"What, are you going to let your girlfriend climb higher than you?"
Adam replied, "I don't let her: that's just the way it happens."

LOL - GREAT LINE :)

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : The Ladies' Room

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?