Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

chossmonkey

Oct 17, 2004, 5:12 PM
Post #26 of 32 (4035 views)
Shortcut

Re: Devils Tower Trip [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
If you have a bad time at Frank's it's probably your own damn fault.
Maybe so and maybe not. You should be happy that you are having a fine time and not jump to conclusions about this other guys experience. Bad does not equal unsatifactory.
How much value can you give to someone who's completely annonomous and their one and only post is negative? If you do have an "unsatisfactory" experience it wouldn't be because of Frank. Period. As jen_c said "Did you let Frank know you were unsatisfied? I bet not. If you had, I would bet he would have bent over backwards to make it right for you." There are things such as weather and clients bad attitiudes or unrealistic expectations, which Frank has no control over. Sharp_end_soul did not even say why it was unsatisfactory other than it cost way to much money. Hello! Hiring a qualified and good guiding service does cost a lot of money.

marcel

Oct 17, 2004, 5:16 PM
Post #27 of 32 (4035 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
I cant' imagine having a bad experience here. He's more than happy to take you up what ever route you want, unlike some other guides who guide on only a couple routes.

I 2nd the above. Frank is way cool!

rhu

Oct 18, 2004, 12:14 AM
Post #28 of 32 (4035 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

sharp_end_soul was not attacking Frank, he was simply saying that his experience was unsatisfactory. I happen to know the guy, and while I will not speak for him I will say that you need to relax. Try not to jump to conclusions and imagine the possibility that someone might, for some reason unknown to you, not have had the experience that they thought they would have. Period. Maybe he told Frank maybe he did not, but please ease up on the overreaction reflex. Congratulations, by the way, on making some things up about someone you don't know just so your idea of how things are supposed to be will fit the situation. At least reserve your opinion until you have more than a few sentences to base it upon.

sharp_end_soul

Oct 24, 2004, 3:54 AM
Post #29 of 32 (4035 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Chossmonkey says to and about Sharp_end_soul
“If you have a bad time at Frank's it's probably your own damn fault.
How much value can you give to someone who's completely annonomous and their one and only post is negative? If you do have an "unsatisfactory" experience it wouldn't be because of Frank. Period. There are things such as weather and clients bad attitiudes or unrealistic expectations, which Frank has no control over.”

Chossmonkey does Frank a disservice by making assumptions about, then denigrating another climber in Frank‘s “defense“. C-monkey assumes Frank “needs” defending and excuses. The Frank I know certainly doesn’t.

chossmonkey

Dec 2, 2004, 4:48 AM
Post #30 of 32 (4035 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I stand by what I said 100%. 8^)

Rhu, exactly what do you feel that I made up?????

Sharp_end_soul, with vague reasons and nothing to back it up can you really say they are assumptions. They could be very well true. If you said "I was unsatisfied with my experience because _________." or "It wasn't worth the money because _________." then you would at least have a bit of credibility. The fact that you join RC.com the same day you make your one and only post (until this long awaited second post came along) that is negative with nothing to back it up, is an attack.

Frank doesn't need me or any of the others who have posted to defend him. His record of hundreds of happy clients speaks for it's self. We defend him because he is our friend and it was a BS post. :wink:

kpj24078

Dec 5, 2004, 1:55 PM
Post #31 of 32 (4035 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Everyone likes frank.

bsignorelli

Jul 19, 2005, 4:20 AM
Post #32 of 32 (4035 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
The fact that you join RC.com the same day you make your one and only post (until this long awaited second post came along) that is negative with nothing to back it up, is an attack.

I know this is old hat but just because someone doesn't post a lot doesn't mean they dont read this site a lot.

I've known SeS for a few years now and he related his experiences on last years trip after he got back. Like Rhu said...I don't want to speak for him but I would say that I was "unsatisfied" if I had had his experience.

This doesn't say that Frank is bad or that Frank runs a crap operation. SeS's opinion just means HE didn't walk away 100%. Not every client will. No big deal.

I noticed that SeS isn't trying to drag Frank's name through the mud or whine/bitch/complain about what went on. He just spoke up so the world may know that not everyone is completely satisified.

No big deal.

Anyways....

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook