First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

curt

Oct 29, 2004, 8:44 PM
Post #1 of 29 (811 views)
Shortcut

Osama bin Laden campaigns for John Kerry
Report this Post
Can't Post

CNN is reporting there is a new vieo tape out on Al Jezeera showing bin Laden. There, Osama says that Bush, by continuing to read a book to that elementary school class, gave Al Queda extra time to carry out their mission on 9/11.

So, I guess if you are an Al Queda supporter--vote Kerry.

Curt

madriver

Oct 29, 2004, 8:53 PM
Post #2 of 29 (811 views)
Shortcut

Re: Osama bin Laden campaigns for John Kerry [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

...did Osama get a flu shot before or after he indorsed Kerry? ..bastard..

prufrock

Oct 29, 2004, 8:56 PM
Post #3 of 29 (811 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
CNN is reporting there is a new vieo tape out on Al Jezeera showing bin Laden. There, Osama says that Bush, by continuing to read a book to that elementary school class, gave Al Queda extra time to carry out their mission on 9/11.

Curt

You know what curt? #$#$@#$ off. :evil:

traddad

Oct 29, 2004, 8:58 PM
Post #4 of 29 (811 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:

Curt

Now Now Now....I'm SURE Curt was being facetious.
No one with an IQ above 40 could believe that.

bluto

Oct 29, 2004, 9:01 PM
Post #5 of 29 (811 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

He is echoing Kerry's campaign rhetoric though. The article I read quoted Bin Laden as saying "Bush is misleading the American People".

bobd1953

Oct 29, 2004, 9:04 PM
Post #6 of 29 (811 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
There, Osama says that Bush, by continuing to read a book to that elementary school class, gave Al Queda extra time to carry out their mission on 9/11.

He wasn't reading it. He was looking at the pictures! He would have been there all day if he was reading it. Get your facts straight. :D

treesail

Oct 29, 2004, 9:14 PM
Post #7 of 29 (811 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:

Curt

" . . . gave Al Queda extra time." Yeah, over three years and counting now.

cerikpete

Oct 29, 2004, 9:19 PM
Post #8 of 29 (811 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

For those that care, here's the article:
http://www.cnn.com/...aden.tape/index.html

the_pirate

Oct 29, 2004, 9:19 PM
Post #9 of 29 (811 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
There, Osama says that Bush, by continuing to read a book to that elementary school class, gave Al Queda extra time to carry out their mission on 9/11.

He wasn't reading it. He was looking at the pictures! He would have been there all day if he was reading it. Get your facts straight. :D

Bob's right, the kids were reading to him.

curt

Oct 29, 2004, 11:00 PM
Post #10 of 29 (811 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
In reply to:

Curt

Apparently, prufrock doesn't fall into that group. :lol:

Curt

greyicewater

Oct 29, 2004, 11:52 PM
Post #11 of 29 (811 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

i don't know if this has been said, but my view on this is that he wants kerry in because he knows kerry won't protect us... he's scared of bush.

thegreytradster

Oct 30, 2004, 12:06 AM
Post #12 of 29 (811 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
i don't know if this has been said, but my view on this is that he wants kerry in because he knows kerry won't protect us... he's scared of bush.
http://www.registeredmedia.com/...h/normal_bushart.jpg

Name that painting, (the original)

sharpender

Oct 30, 2004, 1:26 AM
Post #13 of 29 (811 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Actually he wants Bush in. By making these statements he intends to rile up people against Kerry, people like you folks claiming he wants Kerry cause George is frittering away in Iraq and has said nothing about going after Osama whereas Kerry has. Osama probably sent money to the Bush Campaign.

prufrock

Oct 30, 2004, 6:24 AM
Post #14 of 29 (811 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I actually don't give a flying f#ck in a rolling doughnut who Osama bin Laden wants to win, and I am far enough removed from his f#cked mind set that my predictave ability would be crap anyway.

You vote for whoever you want in the election. If you think one guy is going to be better at getting OBL, good for you. Argue why, if you want. (Or, in Bush's case, argue why his efforts have been great or a have been a total failure).

But it is a low-down, dirty, despicable, brownshirt tactic to smear those who disagree with you as being on the side of a mass murder.

iltripp

Oct 30, 2004, 6:39 AM
Post #15 of 29 (811 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:

I'm fairly sure Curt was being facetious, but apparently bluto wasn't:
In reply to:
He is echoing Kerry's campaign rhetoric though. The article I read quoted Bin Laden as saying "Bush is misleading the American People".

Give me a break...

bluto

Oct 30, 2004, 4:03 PM
Post #16 of 29 (811 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
[
In reply to:

Give me a break...

Perhaps I was being unfair. Upon further review and analysis of the transcripts it seems Bin Laden is channeling the guest of Honor at the Democratic National Convention....Michael Moore. Mr. Bin Laden gives us a Cliff notes so to speak of Fahrenheit 911, he mentions:

The stolen Florida Election
My pet goat
The Patriot Act
Blood for Oil

Mr. Moore must be beaming with pride that his rhetoric is being parroted by muderous jihadists.

karlbaba

Oct 30, 2004, 4:08 PM
Post #17 of 29 (811 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I thought Bin Laden's tape did a better job making a case against Bush than the Democrats have. In the 7 minutes of the 18 minute tape that was released, he managed to point out that:

1. Bush was elected fraudulently as a result of tricks played in a state governed by his brother.

2. That Bush's main qualification for the job is that his dad was president.

3. That the Bush family has supported oppressive military and royal dictators in the middle east and an imbalanced approach to the conflict with Israel including the invasion of Lebanon (where Sharon was implicated in a massacre of about 1800 civilians in a refugee camp)

4. That Bush sat like a deer in the headlights reading childrens books with kids while America burned. (bad enough that he dodged Vietnam, he also dodged 911 until the smoke cleared)

5.That Bush's explanation for "why they hate us" was total BS. They don't hate freedom, they hate US foreign policy in the Muslim world.

6. That Bush used 9/11 to clamp down on freedom and liberty by passing the patriot act.

Why didn't the democrats hammer on this stuff?

My prediction. Bush wins in another stolen election and US peace and prosperity take another steep turn downhill during the next 4 years. Then, Jeb Bush runs for President in 2008 against Hillary Clinton.

peace
Karl

Partner camhead

Oct 30, 2004, 5:12 PM
Post #18 of 29 (811 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead does a political rant. I just saw McGovern speak a few days ago, so I'm amped. stand back, yo.

On a related subject, I recall reading a "New Yorker" article a few months back dealing with the Madrid train bombings, which were very obviously carried out in order to affect Spanish elections. In Islamacist websites that investigators turned up subsequent to the bombings, I remember this was mentioned (paraphrase): that, for the fundamentalist cause, it was essential that Dubbya win the 2004 election; he was doing a great job of uniting Muslims under fanaticism against the United States.

That said, both Kerry and Bush would continue our current stance in Israel (correct me if I am wrong). And this is the root of our conflict, which Bin Laden's vid emphasized.

Despite whether or not we get Bin Laden, if we continue our current foreign policy, Islamic radicalism will continue against us. Duh. Check the etymology of the word "radical." It means "rooted" (same origin of the word "radish", eh?). You can't destroy roots by cutting off the head of the organization, and I would like to think that we have learned that by now.

Religious faith that gives way to fatalistic, suicidal fanaticism is very dangerous, be it the Christian abortion clinic bomber or the Al Qaida recruit. Furthermore, I don't think that anyone would disagree that there are more formerly moderate young Muslim men lining up to blow themselves into the after life today than there were even one year ago. Why?

I think that our current foreign policy is completely missing this point with the administration's language that terrorists are simply attacking us because they are "cowards that hate our freedom" and nada mas. It simplifies a complicated situation into dualistc good/bad, black/white, confident assurance, taking us down to the same philosophy that supports all fanaticism.

This is the danger of the administration's foreign policy. On a side note, I just wonder this: had Bush been in office in the fall of 1962– excercising similar policy– would we even be alive, sitting around talking about this today?

bottom line is that confident assurance that is unbacked by introspection, analysis, and observation– faith, that is– is and always has been the most fricking dangerous ideology on the face of our planet.

QED.

beeawtchizzz.

Partner j_ung

Oct 30, 2004, 5:20 PM
Post #19 of 29 (811 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

T3+

Nice work, Curt. :)

slobmonster

Oct 30, 2004, 5:22 PM
Post #20 of 29 (811 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Name that painting, (the original)
My smart and beautiful girlfriend thinks it's a Caravaggio.

slobmonster

Oct 30, 2004, 5:35 PM
Post #21 of 29 (811 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

But she was wrong. It's Judith with the Head of Holofernes, Cristofano Allori

prufrock

Oct 30, 2004, 6:05 PM
Post #22 of 29 (811 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
That said, both Kerry and Bush would continue our current stance in Israel (correct me if I am wrong). And this is the root of our conflict, which Bin Laden's vid emphasized.

Bin Laden is full of shit on that part. He is trying to rally the Arab street by pretending that his beef had anything to do with the Palestinians; it didn't. Bin Laden went off the deep end after Gulf War I when American and other infidel boots became permanently based in Saudi Arabia. That was an abomination to him, and he started hooking up with terrorists and buddies from the Soviet Afghanistan campaign to find ways to kill Americans.

Oddly, the US gave him that demand: we pulled out of Saudi Arabia as result of Iraq. But now he wants something bigger.

In reply to:
bottom line is that confident assurance that is unbacked by introspection, analysis, and observation– faith, that is– is and always has been the most fricking dangerous ideology on the face of our planet.

Amen to that. I knew Bush was not up to the job when he gave his infamous "Axis of Evil" SOTU. Some of the stupidest crap I had heard a president say. Bush's foul-ups are legion; the holes in his policy admit the passage of aircraft carriers. Yet Bush has done absolutely zero reassessment.

To incompetent to reelect. God help us if we do.

iltripp

Oct 30, 2004, 7:47 PM
Post #23 of 29 (811 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Nice rant

In reply to:
This is the danger of the administration's foreign policy. On a side note, I just wonder this: had Bush been in office in the fall of 1962– excercising similar policy– would we even be alive, sitting around talking about this today?

Without a doubt, no. (pure speculation of course, so bumblie, I don't have a source on that :roll: )

In reply to:
Why didn't the democrats hammer on this stuff?

Because doing so would result in inane accusations of "John Kerry agrees with bin Laden", kinda like Bluto's post.

wildtrail

Oct 30, 2004, 10:09 PM
Post #24 of 29 (811 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:

Curt

Hey, Bush has made pretty much nothing but mistakes. Yet, he still carries a lot of support from US citizens. Kinda shows just how blind people can be; supporting a man that has basically ruined the economy, education, foreign relations, a host of other things, and almost this country.

I know you don't support him anymore, Curt. I just don't know why so many people do. Not one thing good can be named that Bush has done. I mean really, there can't be.

Well, if you're extremely rich or Halliburton you can, but 280+ million people are not.

prufrock,

Chill! Curt is a good dude. Often misunderstood. I've been guilty of that as well. :wink:

bobd1953

Oct 30, 2004, 11:12 PM
Post #25 of 29 (811 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Chill! Curt is a good dude. Often misunderstood. I've been guilty of that as well.

Curt is kinda like Darth Vader...he will leave the darkside soon and see the light.

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook