RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Access Issues & Closures

Premier Sponsor:

alb

Nov 2, 2004, 3:37 PM
Post #1 of 2 (1505 views)
Shortcut

Gatineau Access and Conservation Working Group
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Hi everyone,

In hearing the discussions both at the master plan presentations, andseeing the posts here and elsewhere a couple of things were prettyclear. First, they were serious about shutting down the park toclimbing. Secondly, they were amenable to working with user groups to some extent. They didn't want to get involved in the debates ormultiple organizations; they want to deal with a single group that stands for the particular community.

Over the weekend, we formed the Gatineau Access and Conservation Working Group to develop a climbing access and cliff conservation plan andproposal to present to the NCC. The group represents pretty well all ofthe various interests who climb in the park. Now some of these comitments are provisional, and some people maysubstitute in and out, depending on time, commitments, and interests.

We're just getting organized now -- exchanging email addresses and phone numbers, and the like. There's also some things we need to know moreabout before proceeding. For example, we don't know whether we have todevelop a plan in the next month. The Outaouais and Ottawa ACC executives are meeting with Jean-René Doyon of the NCC, and we'll knowmore at that point. So by the end of this week, the working group will have a better developed sense of direction.

With all the people involved we also have lot of resources that havebeen volunteered --> meeting space, and the like. I'm also sure that we'll also need other help; editing, translation, and other leg work. Ifyou have the time and ability, drop me a note at a;b@achilles.net. At the same time, one way everyone here can help, is to start spreading the word -- as a community we don't need to be working at cross purposes and splitting our efforts on this.

If you any questions, comments etc, drop me a note. I'm the main point of contact for the group right now, and will do the best to answer them.

All the best,
al

alb

Nov 2, 2004, 3:39 PM
Post #2 of 2 (1505 views)
Shortcut

Re: Gatineau Access and Conservation Working Group [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Damn, formatting.

That should be alb@achilles.net, and sorry about the missing spaces.

al

Forums : Climbing Information : Access Issues & Closures

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook