RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Gear Heads

Premier Sponsor:

gefunk

Nov 2, 2004, 6:09 AM
Post #1 of 9 (3145 views)
Shortcut

Evolve Agro Vs. Rage
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Ok, I have been looking for a pair of slippers for a couple of weeks now. Moreover, as of late I have become very impressed with what Brian and the people at Evolve are doing with their shoes. I just sent a pair of katana's out to him to get a resole and so far the questions and customer service are incredible. Now back to the question; I know the Agro shoe is not out yet and I was wondering if anyone had any ideas when the release date was? The rage has been out for sometime and people seem to like them a lot, including a kid that I climbed with at a comp over the weekend. So I really want to know how people feel about their Evolve Rages along with any and all info on the release date, hopefully soon, of the Agro. Thanks a lot guys.

mintcondish

Nov 2, 2004, 7:50 AM
Post #2 of 9 (3145 views)
Shortcut

Re: Evolve Agro Vs. Rage [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

hey

i dont know much about the Agro, but i own the Rage, Kaos, and Defy. Rage to me is a good bouldering shoe, its got a pretty solid edging sole along with the mocasym feel to it. The kaos is good for all the agressive climbing i like the kaos best for over hangs and edging on tiny jibs. the Defy is the most comfortable Evolv shoe i own. its not the best for the agressive climbing in my opinion because the sole is real soft. yes you have better sensitivity for your feet but for comps you are there more for the performance over anything. anyway the Rage is a good bet, but you might also want to check out the Kaos, i know they've made improvements on them since i got them a while back. you should meet up with a rep and they will be happy to let you try the shoes on for a session or two and you can decide for yourself on what you like best.

andy

gefunk

Nov 2, 2004, 7:17 PM
Post #3 of 9 (3145 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Anyone else out there with ideas?? :lol:

lordjim

Nov 2, 2004, 7:25 PM
Post #4 of 9 (3145 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I'll throw in my $.02 since you asked.

I love my Rages. Most comfortable climbing shoe that I've had on my feet. If you are looking for a bouldering/gym shoe that you can leave on for the entire session then these are it.

If I didn't already own a mismatched pair of Mad Rock Loco's I'd buy a pair of the Agros half size smaller than my Rages for steep bouldering/short sport routes right this second. As in as soon as I'm done I'm yanking them off shoes.

sup

Nov 3, 2004, 9:21 AM
Post #5 of 9 (3145 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

the new rage will be a good option. 3 shoes in 1 (slipper, lace, velcro). if you're not in a hurry, maybe you could wait for the new line of evolve shoes to come out. :D

gefunk

Nov 3, 2004, 3:53 PM
Post #6 of 9 (3145 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hmmm....Does that mean that the new line is going to take a considerable amount of time comming out? And when it says three shoes in one, does it mean that you have three options or is there a lacing, and velcro system built in? That sentence has confused me and I was wondering if anyone could clear it up??>

lordjim

Nov 3, 2004, 3:55 PM
Post #7 of 9 (3145 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Ask Brian at evlove. I'm sure that he can answer your questions about the new Rage model(s) or anything about the evolve line period.

t-dog
Deleted

Jan 25, 2005, 9:22 PM
Post #8 of 9 (3145 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

you guys have to realize that the Rage and the Agro are built completely differently and are meant for different kinds of climbing.

It would be like trying to compare the V10s with the Zlippers. They're just not meant for the same kind of climbing.

Decide what kind of climbing you want to do/will be doing and then decide which shoe will be best suited for it

wilcox510

Jan 25, 2005, 9:54 PM
Post #9 of 9 (3145 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

slightly off topic, but i love my evolves except the stitching for the heel pull tab destroys the skin on my heel worse than any other shoe ive tried. i've taped my heel, put moleskin on it, tried stitching something on to cover it, nothing really helps. anyone else have similar experiences?

Forums : Climbing Information : Gear Heads

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook