RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Injury Treatment and Prevention

Premier Sponsor:

yarddarts

Aug 26, 2001, 11:18 PM
Post #1 of 1 (1689 views)
Shortcut

mad dog
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

yesterday me and my climbing partner took this girl (mad dog) climbing with us. it was her first time. we took her to the bouldering cave and she just started campusing without us even showing her. then we got on a nice little 5.8 and she almost flashed it. she was better than another one of my friends that started the same time i did. her boyfriend (the guy that fell 50 feet) came down and asked us if we wanted to go to the bouldering cave for a bit, so we headed towards the ladder. my climbing partner was at the bottom of the ladders and i was half way down. her boyfriend had just climbed down the rope ladder and she was behind him. the next thing i know i hear him screaming her name. she had slipped off the ledge. at first i thought she had caught a tree and was gonna get up, but then i saw her slide down. after about 10-15 ft she got airborn. she bounced off a little ledge and fell another 15+ ft free fall. her boyfriend went down to help her and i went and called 911.

its insane to watch someone fall. i knew her before this, but i had just bonded with her the night before. her injuries arent as serious as her boyfriends were. she has a broken wrist and a facture in her skull. they dont know if they have to operate and whatnot yet.

the thing is, this wasnt a climbing accident. it was just and accident that happened on a cliff line. i dont know where im goin with this. im still kinda shook up. just thought id post it. its kinda sad that this is my first new topic.

Forums : Climbing Information : Injury Treatment and Prevention

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook