RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

clmbnski

Jun 2, 2002, 5:44 PM
Post #1 of 5 (1539 views)
Shortcut

Hueco
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

My sister lives in Las Cruces so I was going to check out Hueco will I am visiting her. I was wondering if I can just show up one morning and go bouldering at the open areas? Or is there some reservation crap I have to do to be let in. It would just be for one day so it isnt worth my while to pay some huge fee. Also is it two hot right now to go there or is there overhanging rock that is shady enouph to climb under?

pushfurther

Jun 2, 2002, 6:34 PM
Post #2 of 5 (1539 views)
Shortcut

Hueco [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

it gets so hot that your toes will cook inside your shoes.

couloir

Jun 2, 2002, 7:16 PM
Post #3 of 5 (1539 views)
Shortcut

Hueco [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

There's places with shade, but it will still be very hot. They only allow I believe ten people into North Mountain w/o reservations. So I would definitely make reservations, but you can probably get by without one if you show up before the park opens.

bouldertoad

Jun 12, 2002, 3:59 AM
Post #4 of 5 (1539 views)
Shortcut

Hueco [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Hueco will be a great place for you to go even though it is the summer time. I climbed there last year through the summer and as long as you follow the shade you will be fine. AS far as them only letting in 10 people without reservations is somewhat true. This is only the cas if the entire park is full already then they will only allow 10 people without reservations in the park. In the summer you will have no trouble at all getting into the park.
AS far as places that are not to warm ther e are two that come to mind the first being the gymnasium and the second being the new north meadow. Both areas have some quality problems and are generally cool. Martini roof is anothre viable option. Just og around and enjoy hte climbing it is some of the best in the country... Any more questions drop me an email
bouldertoad@hotmail.com

clmbnski

Jun 13, 2002, 3:34 AM
Post #5 of 5 (1539 views)
Shortcut

Hueco [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Thanks for the info. guys. but unfortunatly I didnt make it to hueco do to the fact that I didnt have a map and wasnt sure where it was exactly and the best way to get there. My sister told me driving through El Paso takes about an hour and then it is another 25 miles. so I said forget it since it would only be for one day.(turns out there is some bypass you can take to avoid El Paso.)when I do go I want to be there for at least a few days. However I did climb at a place called Bishops Cap. Next time your in Las Cruces check it out.

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook