RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Climbing Photography

Premier Sponsor:

guangzhou

Nov 24, 2004, 2:02 AM
Post #1 of 5 (1127 views)
Shortcut

Creating A Slide Show
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

It doesn’t matter if you’re shooting slides or Digital. It’s always fun to have friends over for a potluck dinner and a slide show. I know we want to see great photos, but what exactly do you like to see in a slide show? What layout? Do you want just climbing or include landscape? Pre trip photos? Life style of the area or who cares?

From reading the other threads I could be considered an idealist, but I hope to get some good feedback form you on this thread.

Thanks in advance

Partner j_ung

Nov 24, 2004, 3:13 AM
Post #2 of 5 (1127 views)
Shortcut

Re: Creating A Slide Show [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

All of the above! But mostly climbing. Don't go overboard on the non-climbing shots.

fiend

Nov 27, 2004, 5:26 PM
Post #3 of 5 (1127 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
All of the above! But mostly climbing. Don't go overboard on the non-climbing shots.

Don't go overboard on the climbing shots. No one wants to see full sequences of every route you did.

I think what makes a slide-show interesting is the lifestyle aspect. Show us the packing, the drive, the prep, the drunken stupid-human tricks at the campfire at night, landscapes, etc. Again, don't put too much emphasis on this, but think about telling a story, you need to lead into it and wrap it up with a nice ending.

Personally, I get bored fast watching photos of the actual climbing and would prefer to see mroe of the other aspects of the trip... especially if you're climbing in one place and all the routes look basically the same.

overlord

Nov 27, 2004, 5:31 PM
Post #4 of 5 (1127 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

^^^^ ditto that.

i like climbing photos, but i would fall asleep if i had to watch them for an hour. one in two or three is plenty.

and make sure you put in every "accident" that happened. like my friend holding a new side window when the car gto broken into. well, the stupid burglar left the gear so he lived to climb the next day.

mendou

Nov 27, 2004, 5:50 PM
Post #5 of 5 (1127 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Don't go overboard on the climbing shots. No one wants to see full sequences of every route you did.

In reply to:
i like climbing photos, but i would fall asleep if i had to watch them for an hour. one in two or three is plenty.

i agree with that... sometimes, the slide shows have a lot of similar shots and that is very boring

Good Luck with your slide :wink:

Forums : Climbing Disciplines : Climbing Photography

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook