RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Gear Heads

Premier Sponsor:

rockrat_co

Jan 16, 2005, 3:43 AM
Post #1 of 5 (1642 views)
Shortcut

Osprey Vertigo Pack
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Ive been eyeballing this pack (Osprey Vertigo) for a year now.. I love the ide of it having an internal daisy chain. But has anyone used one, how convinent is it? How well does the daisy function work? Any comments on the pack? I am an avid Trad Climber and Am looking for a new pack.

Thanks,
rockrat_co

dutyje

Jan 16, 2005, 3:49 AM
Post #2 of 5 (1642 views)
Shortcut

Re: Osprey Vertigo Pack [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Awesome crag pack. I've got the 40 with the internal gear loops and daisy chain. The daisy is just long enough that you can throw it outside the top of the pack while you dig around in the bottom. The gear loops keep everything organized, and the built in (removable) rope tarp is perfect. The hydration pocket is huge (put your water in after the rope). The front pocket is very accessible. The suspension is stout. Everything is top quality. I highly recommend this pack.

kafish

Jan 16, 2005, 4:04 AM
Post #3 of 5 (1642 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

man it really is like the sweetest crag pack ever, unfortunately it was my climbing partner who scored one and not myself, and well i want one really bad but people have already mistaked us for roomates and all... now that we have that rumore taken care of id hate to start having matching packs, clothes, etc... and fuel more rumors.

rockrat_co

Jan 25, 2005, 3:12 PM
Post #4 of 5 (1642 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Another Question:
When clipping gear in to the daisy chain, is there enough room in the bag for he gear (cams) to hang freely without getting all crunched up on the bottom of the bag? Thanks for your help!

-rockrat_co-

vashie

Jan 26, 2005, 2:35 AM
Post #5 of 5 (1642 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Yes, if you clip them on the top of the daisy, otherwise they can get tangled in the bottom, mine do. However, I have a prototype version and the daisy is sewn so tight I can hardly get a biner into the loop so you may have better luck with the production model.

Forums : Climbing Information : Gear Heads

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook