RSS FeedRSS Feeds for General

Premier Sponsor:

aierez

Feb 9, 2005, 12:32 AM
Post #1 of 4 (1715 views)
Shortcut

Toyota Previa Van for Roadtrips
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Has anyone used a Toyota Previa van for extended roadtrips (i.e. to sleep in) I would like to build a platform to sleep on and store gear under but I'm not sure the Previa will work for this...any comments?

Thanks--Amir

rainvine

Feb 9, 2005, 4:02 AM
Post #2 of 4 (1715 views)
Shortcut

Re: Toyota Previa Van for Roadtrips [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I have a Toyota Previa Van. Do your to back seats flip up onto the sides? If its the same as mine. Mine is a 92'. I don't think you'd have room to put a bed ontop of your gear unless you ripped out the two back seats that flip up. It's a very compact kinda van, not really boxy like some of the other kinds. You could probably do this if you have a friend who is good woodwork and design. I myself wouldn't attempt it, but my dad could probably think of a cool design.
You'd need to have two pieces that fit together or else you wouldn't be able to get it totally in.
Whatever you can put your mind to can be achieved. It's a good quality van and will last forever so good luck on your remodeling!

- Alyssa

slobmonster

Feb 9, 2005, 4:13 AM
Post #3 of 4 (1715 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I have a 1991 Previa that I bought (in addition to move cross country) ostensibly as a road-trip vehicle. The thing is great, I love the way it drives and it maintains a cop-proof grocery-getter countenance.

I'll try and get some photos up at some point, but the long and the short of my conversion:

The first thing I did was to rip out the rear seats and give them to a hick buddy to put in his deer stand. I wanted to keep the middle bench seat, so I built a platform in the back, just tall enough to slide my Rubbermaid bins and milk cartons underneath.

The foor section of the bed has retractable legs, and when I'm just kicking around town I slide this section and tie it down to the rear portion. This allows me to put the bench seat if needed.

Great car if you can find one, it is a Toyota after all.

aierez

Feb 10, 2005, 1:59 AM
Post #4 of 4 (1715 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Great Info Thanks! (I'll PM u as well) If you could send me and pictures, I would certainly appreicate it!

Thanks again

Amir

Forums : Climbing Information : General

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook