Forums : Profile : skiclimb

Last Logon: Jun 9, 2019, 9:58 PM
Local Time: May 9, 2024, 3:38 AM

Personal Profile

Interests: All of it
Email: No email entered.
More Info:
My first experiences with climbing came from my dad. hiking when I was four and top roping at age 8. Later in My highschool years i got heavily into Ski Mountaineering in the Chugach Range of Southcentral Alaska. Moved to Jackson Wyo and there got into more technical climbing. At age 19 I apprentice guided on denali with Genet Expeditions. At age 20 I became perhaps the youngest at that time AMGA certified alpine guide. ( I think it was easier then ) In 1991 I finally came to the conclusion that trying to become famous or successful through mountaineering was a sure way to die young. this conclusion has certainly been backed up in the years since as friends and others I knew pursuing this goal perished. Gave up guiding to pursue climbing on my own terms. Eventually moved to Reno to go to school and be near Yosemite Valley wher I have done several Walls. Bigger projects are what normally inspire my climbing, not to say that I don't enjoy Sport routes or occasional bouldering but that isn't what gets my juices flowing.

Climbing Profile

Skills:
Lead | Follow
City: Reno NV formerly Anchorage AK
State: Unknown

Photos

Me Cleaning View from squirrel point Breaking Camp under Salathe roof Alpenglow Peak Rige up to Summit Taking a Break Above Kahiltna Pass Breaking Camp Salathe Roof

Ascent Log The 5 most recent ascents recorded by a user in our Routes Database are shown on the user Profile.

Date Level Grade Route Rating

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?