Forums: Climbing Information: Events & Gatherings:
OozeFest 2.0 (4/2-11/04)
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Events & Gatherings

Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 Next page Last page  View All

david.yount
Deleted

Apr 7, 2004, 2:03 AM
Post #426 of 448 (23311 views)
Shortcut

Re: OozeFest 2.0 (4/2-11/04) [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  

Tuesday 11pm estimated departure time from Frederick, Maryland.
Mapquest tells me it's nearly 4 hours driving time.
I'll be there in just over 3.
Driving an 80's Lincoln Towncar in top shape. Sweet.

If I don't find a welcoming committee I'll know all'ya'all are liteweight partiers. No matter. I'll pick a mud filled cup from the ground, top it off with free cold beer, break out a roll of 100MPH tape, flush a sheep or two from the brush, saddle up bareback and break y'all in to partying Seattle style. I once slept with Fred Beckey.

David.

coach

Apr 7, 2004, 12:27 PM
Post #427 of 448 (23311 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

Departing tomorrow morning, should be in Baltimore by 5:30 PM and then heading straight to NRP! :lol:

elvislegs

Apr 7, 2004, 5:03 PM
Post #428 of 448 (23311 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

In reply to:
There are about 30 folks at the campsite with around the same number expected each day.

Heh. Yes. That outhouse should be getting niiiiice and riiipe by now. Careful not to let the broken hose from the bottom of the urinal run onto your feet when you piss fellas.

Have fun.

rebelwithoutwings

Apr 7, 2004, 7:44 PM
Post #429 of 448 (23311 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

hey everybody,
just got back from oozefest last night. nothing like a little bit of bad weather to make the good times even better. looks like it'll be nothing but fun in the sun the next couple days. wish i could still be there. by the way, i visited the orthopedic surgeon today, and guess what?, i get to keep the leg!! a few broken bones, dislocated ankle, and ?evulsion? fracture on the talus. nothing a few beers (maybe a few percocets too) won't fix. regardless, i had a blast and everyone there is cool as can be. but back to business, if anyone reads this that is going down today or anytime hereafter, anne says they need silicone lubricant. other than that, the camp is kickin. have a great time everyone. i might try visiting next weekend if at all possible. til then oozefesters. Colby James

roninthorne

Apr 8, 2004, 10:39 PM
Post #430 of 448 (23311 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

Inbound tomorrow (Friday) pm for a rendezvous with the boyz at Cranklin for some last light sending, then on to Nelson for a few cold ones and rolled ones.

For those of you who missed out on a Ronin brekkie last week, my apologies... if you smell the food and hear the big mouth, don't be shy... come and git it! And if you were the late snoozers... ya gotta get outta the rack a little earlier!

Not to fear... I've already got all the makin's for another weekend of MegaClimbing Fuel Breakfast Burritos... this weekend, the Mas Grande version!

Things are drying today... keeping my fingers crossed against bad prognostications for the weekend.

(and if'n it rains, we'll just go boulder!)

Beta:drink, boulder, boulder, boulder.
Repeat as necessary.

walllizzard

Apr 10, 2004, 1:54 AM
Post #431 of 448 (23311 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

WOW, what a blast, just got back was down since Monday. Finished out today on Franklin. OOZfest was a blast to bad it went so quik. Ill be posting some awesome and i Mean hIgh Res quality pics soon, probly on monday or so, going up home for easter. Hey MOJO, didnt get to say good by the other morning hope ya made it home ok, great to meet ya, hope to see ya on the crag again. Well to everyone else hope ur trips are as Great as mine was, good luck climbing all the classics and Happy Easter to everyone.

Dan

roninthorne

Apr 11, 2004, 10:22 PM
Post #432 of 448 (23311 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

Just back from WV, where weather moved in after a beautiful Friday and Saturday.

Ended the day Friday by catching up to the group at Franklin Gorge, where Brenda was working the lower moves of Barnacle Bill on toprope when I finally puffed up the path. Within the hour we were watching Todd and Glenn chasing huge gear up a new line, Janitors of the Reef, a fun mod gear run. I pointed my double knee braces back down to the car and headed back to Nelson for a brew and some company.

The party there was in full swing, with the arrival of both Coach and Abbie (at last). The Franklin lads finally arrived and some of the local guides drifted in and soon the campfire was blazin', smoke was driftin' and beer was flowing like.. well, beer. This went on until the wee hours, when I made my weary way back to Petersburg, there to consult with Topper and the Buddha, before finally sleeping.

Next morning, got back late and fixed breakfast for the few still in camp. Waved Brenda good-bye as she headed home and the main group still in camp headed for the Via Ferrata. As the morning beers began to flow, I decided that I'd rather not spend the day sloshed, and grabbed Todd for a run though some of WV's lost and forgotten corners, since he's moving out of the U.S. in a short while and may not pass this way again for a while.

The return to camp and the evening thereafter was less enjoyable. I have spewnt the last two weekends, following 40 hour hellweeks of hard labor and heavy equipment operation, by driving over two hundred miles, sleeping on a couch instead of in a bed, and donating the time and materials needed to cook breakfast burritos for anyone in camp who was hungry. so you can well imagine that I was pretty much gobsmacked when I was accused of "taking food from camp". I didn't point out that the food had been given to me by the same person now accusing me. I just shook my head and went to get it.

Biting my tongue, furious and embarrassed and completely buzzkilled, I returned the loaf of bread and three packs of coffee (about $1.50 worth of food), trying to figure out where we went from "Hey, that stuff is gonna go to waste... we've got more than enough food here... and you've cooked all these kick-ass breakfasts, man... help yourself" (what I had been told after cooking said breakfast that morning) and this current bullshot of "Hey, dhude... even if you did bring all the breakfast fixins.. and even if you did drink more of your own beer than the camp kegs.. yer STEALIN' that bread I gave you this morning...."

I finally decided that I would never understand it... Oozefest; the more things change, the more things stay the same.

Abbie, Coach, Curt, Mojo, Troy, Glen, Eric, Dave... sorry my departure was rather precipitous. Good to see you all... catch you on down the line, somewhere. Brenda, it was a giggle, as always. Dennis, keep yer wood warm. Todd- stay in touch.. I'll let you know when we buy the crag...

I met some great new climbers this year and made some amazing new friends between the melodramas... Jeremiah, Jeremy, Eric, Glen, Dave, Bruce, Abe and the rest whose names slipped away between Anchor Steams... I hope you will all stay in touch, and that you will to return to Seneca and the Germany Valley to climb and explore. Let's get that Franklin Trail project off the ground. Please call me any time you are coming to town.... I'd love to hold a rope or show you around.

Topper- what can I say? Thanks for the couch space and the belays, the brew sampling and the use of your Winamp technofiles. Thanks for listening to me bitdch and catching me when I pitch.

Rock on.

kimmyt

Apr 11, 2004, 10:33 PM
Post #433 of 448 (23311 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

Jeez, forget me huh.

And I didn't even get to sample some of those much-talked-about breakfast burritos.

K.

djmeat

Apr 12, 2004, 1:48 AM
Post #434 of 448 (23311 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

Really this week for me was completely different for me from last year except the melodrama. I really need to make a point of not hanging out with mentally unstable, raging alcoholics...

Between checking out so much lost rock, Getting an FA in, finally breaking my trad rack, running up to the summit of Seneca, and hanging with Eric, Kurt, Bill, Dennis, Nathan, Mike, Fred, David, and Colby(heal up dude!!!) this week went as well as can be expected. Really to bad I let myself get sucked into so much BS.

But I can’t wait for Oozefest 3 UNDER NEW MANAGEMENT!
(well o.k. OF 4 since there is no way I will make it back next year)

pattray

Apr 12, 2004, 12:55 PM
Post #435 of 448 (23311 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

Were any of you guys climbing at Seneca on Sat. We ran into both cool and not so cool people climbing and knocking melon sized rocks down on us. (Traffic Jam)
The rock slinger used the word "eh" at the end of his sentence and was very short on courtesy.

dontfall

Apr 12, 2004, 2:27 PM
Post #436 of 448 (23311 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

In reply to:
(heal up dude!!!) this week went as well as can be expected.

what happened?

djmeat

Apr 12, 2004, 2:58 PM
Post #437 of 448 (23311 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
(heal up dude!!!) this week went as well as can be expected.

what happened?

colby brutally broke his right ankle and foot.

charley

Apr 12, 2004, 8:43 PM
Post #438 of 448 (23311 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

A good time was had by many, if not all.
Colby, glad to hear your doing ok and won't need surgery.
Dave, did you bring the poles to my canopy home by chance?
Glad to have met all those I met, Pleased to have climbed with you folks too, and glad to see friends again.

If you really want to know what happened, you should have been there.

walllizzard

Apr 13, 2004, 5:05 AM
Post #439 of 448 (23311 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

Hey there will soon be pics from Oozefest up on the site. So go and vote, lol. If anyone wants a CD of the pics i Dwnld while at Oozefest just PM me and ill mail ya copy. Anne may have a disc or two left im not sure, left a few copies with her before i left. Well i would like to thank everyone who i had the chance to climb with and well say hi and hope to see ya all again, ED, Doug, David, Donnie, Brenda, Robin, Troy, Nathan, Kim, Jeremiah, Dennis, Bill, Curt, Tim, Eric, Anne, Dave, Colby, Coach, Abbi, John, EJ, Glen and Todd. I think i got most of ya. Well till the next time on the crag.

Dan

cerikpete

Apr 13, 2004, 12:39 PM
Post #440 of 448 (23311 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

Glad everyone had fun and made it back in (mostly) one piece.

dookie

Apr 13, 2004, 3:07 PM
Post #441 of 448 (23311 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

had a great time with y'all! coach, bill, brenda, anne, troy, kimmy, todd, dennis, mike, eric - everyone - great to see ya, meet ya, climb with some of ya - at least we had 2 days of good weather out of a possible 4!!

BILL - I believe that Eric took your poles with him as we broke camp sunday - anne should know how to get in touch with him!

Partner tgreene

Apr 13, 2004, 3:26 PM
Post #442 of 448 (23311 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

In reply to:
BILL - I believe that Eric took your poles with him as we broke camp sunday - anne should know how to get in touch with him!

Eric is "rockartist43", just send him a PM and he'll respond immediately. ;)

Dan: I would love to get a complete CD if at all possible... PM sent!

To all that attended -- Thank you so much for making my re-entry into the sport of climbing as wonderful as it was. I wish I could have stayed the entire time, but I had a committment at the river, and it's a good thing I went, since my invited guests did arrive. FWIW: I had 1003% more fun w/ all of you though, and can't wait till the next Ooooze gathering!

1269topper

Apr 13, 2004, 3:35 PM
Post #443 of 448 (23311 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

Too All

It was great to see you guys again and the new people I meet it was great. Hope you had a safe trip back and I am sure we will cross paths here in the valley sometime. Be safe take care

coach

Apr 13, 2004, 5:22 PM
Post #444 of 448 (23311 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

Well, finally back at the office and fought all morning to get on here!!!! :cry:

Can't begin to tell everyone what a fabulous time I had. Too many people to name them all but if you were there this last weekend thanks for making it a great time for me. The climbing, the drinking, the laughs, the games, the work, it all made for a full and fun time. Like Charley said, you had to be there.

I'm already making my plans to get back next year. This is one I will make as many times as possible right up to the moment they shovel dirt in my face. You guys and gals are what made it great! You all rock! :wink:

For those that got a chance to see Raul on Saturday he departed yesterday morning bright and early and should now be in Baghdad! Say a little prayer for him, he is not in a good place for the next 6 months. As some of you know he is assigned as an advisor to an Iraqi army battalion and they have been advised to trust nobody!!!! Not the type arrangement anyone would want to be in for that long but I trust that he will be back with us all soon enough.

pfc-monty
Deleted

Apr 13, 2004, 6:07 PM
Post #445 of 448 (23311 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

What can I say, The climbing was great. Those of you who wussed out because of the weather missed an incredible time. Glen, Dennis, Todd, David, Mike, and all the rest of you who have provided me with countless cool memories thank you. Colby dude I hope that your recovery is swift and I want you to know that picking me up was definately the coolest thing a stranger has ever done for me, I am forever in your debt. For those of you who recieved an invitation to visit me I hope you took me seriously, I promise to make it as casual as ooze2 was for me. I miss all ya'all already, Kurt

coach

Apr 14, 2004, 4:15 PM
Post #446 of 448 (23311 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

Just a quick update: Raul is now in Kuwait waiting for gear to arrive and due to move into Iraq tomorrow morning. He can receive email if anyone wishes to drop him a line sometime. I know he would appreciate hearing from all of you over the next 6 months.

His address is:

rgarcia@mma-tx.org

We have set it up so he can access his email here at the school while gone via any web browser and he has already tested it out and it works fine so go ahead and drop him a line.

Partner rrrADAM

Apr 14, 2004, 4:17 PM
Post #447 of 448 (23311 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

This Event has come and gone...

Please use this thread to post TR details:
http://www.rockclimbing.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=56968

Partner rrrADAM

Apr 14, 2004, 4:17 PM
Post #448 of 448 (23311 views)
Shortcut

rrrADAM locked this thread [In reply to]
Report this Post

rrrADAM has locked this thread.

First page Previous page 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Climbing Information : Events & Gatherings

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook