RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Events & Gatherings

Premier Sponsor:

southforkclimber

Jan 16, 2008, 2:54 AM
Post #1 of 7 (3677 views)
Shortcut

10th Annual Waterfall Ice Festival in Cody, WY
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Ice-climbers and friends-

As many know this season marks the 10th Annual “Waterfall Ice” Festival, a four day event held during President’s Day weekend February 15-18, 2008 in CODY, WYOMING.

Our event sponsors and vendors have expanded to an astonishing selection of the best name brands in the industry and this season we are proud to announce that MONSTER energy will present the annual event in 2008.

We offer FREE on-ice tool seminars, athletes from Mammut, Petzl, Grivel, Cloudveil, Sterling Ropes, LaSportiva, Mountain Hardwear and more will demonstrate and assist you during your ice climbing experience.

New for 2008 Jackson Hole Mountain Guides will offer professional guided courses for minimal fees pending your climbing ability. The website currently has links with all information on-line and for more information call 307.250.0763.

Nightly entertainment will be action packed with the climbers “Pot Luck” slide show Friday evening and round #1 of the 8th annual “Tough Axe” pull-up contest. Saturday night MAMMUT will present the “Tough Axe” awards and the final round of the pull-up contest. We will then have a raffle and silent auction, then key note speaker and presentation by Stephen Koch with closing by Cody’s local band Like a Light Switch. Sunday evening we will BBQ and party @ CORE Mountain sports and climbing gym for another yet slide show.

The 2008 on-line pre-registration fee is $35.00, nightly dinners are available for minimal prices and don’t forget your complimentary beverages all weekend from New Belgium Brewing Company. Register by February 01 and get your 2008 FREE SWAG bag.

Climb Safe,
www.southforkice.com

Partner angry

Jan 16, 2008, 3:01 AM
Post #2 of 7 (3675 views)
Shortcut

Re: [southforkclimber] 10th Annual Waterfall Ice Festival in Cody, WY [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Let's say I drove my skinny ass down there and got a hotel room. I've got tools, ropes, crampons, a partner, a list of routes to do, and a cooler full of PBR.

What exactly am I getting for my $35?

Just a hypothetical, that weekend is generally reserved for my first trip back to the creek but I like to think that I might be open to change.

southforkclimber

Jan 17, 2008, 2:23 AM
Post #3 of 7 (3652 views)
Shortcut

Re: [angry] 10th Annual Waterfall Ice Festival in Cody, WY [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Your $35.00 covers all of the below. It's definitely a smaller, more grassroots festival than say, Ouray. We could hope for that many people, but we just have not got that big yet. Oh, and rooms are generally cheap. I believe the Rainbow Motel used to charge 29 bucks for ice climbers during festival. I have not yet had a chance to check their rates this year, but the businesses in town are pretty ice climber friendly.

2008 swag bag of FREE goodies from sponsors and vendors

Use of assorted demo tools from vendors/sponsors

Admission Friday night "Pot Luck" Climbers slide shows

Admission Saturday night "Stephen Koch" Slide show

Admission Sunday night show @ CORE Mountain Sports

Nightly HAPPY HOUR with New Belgium Brewing Company

pheenixx

Jan 17, 2008, 7:25 AM
Post #4 of 7 (3643 views)
Shortcut

Re: [southforkclimber] 10th Annual Waterfall Ice Festival in Cody, WY [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

angry ~ knowing how much you are now truly addicted to ICE...(we met several x's @ fest last wk) You gotta get up there..!!

I was there last year and it's more ice than you can shake your tools at, but I gotta warn ya -- Cody AIN'T NO SPORT ICE...!!! (...and there may be NO folks running around in purple wigs, heh-heh)

for reasonable $ night ~ call Kenny http://www.bisonwillys.com/hostel.html#rates

for conditions & to get amped ~ Aaron 877-527-7354 http://www.coldfear.com/conditions.htm

send me a pm for special vip password - Have fun..!

stymingersfink

Jan 18, 2008, 4:18 AM
Post #5 of 7 (3619 views)
Shortcut

Re: [pheenixx] 10th Annual Waterfall Ice Festival in Cody, WY [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

pheenixx wrote:
Cody AIN'T NO SPORT ICE...!!!
Amen, brother!

been too long, gotta get back thatta way soon!

anykineclimb

Jan 18, 2008, 4:59 AM
Post #6 of 7 (3610 views)
Shortcut

Re: [stymingersfink] 10th Annual Waterfall Ice Festival in Cody, WY [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

If I come up, do I get one of them sweet Monster shirts I saw in Ouray?

southforkclimber

Jan 18, 2008, 7:56 PM
Post #7 of 7 (3591 views)
Shortcut

Re: [anykineclimb] 10th Annual Waterfall Ice Festival in Cody, WY [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

anykineclimb wrote:
If I come up, do I get one of them sweet Monster shirts I saw in Ouray?

The Monster athletes are working on getting some made up. I don't think they will be the same as the ones they wore in Ouray, but they may be similar. They are still trying to figure out how to get them all printed and what Monster wants.

Forums : Climbing Information : Events & Gatherings

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook