Forums: Community: Campground:
You are not wanted here.
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Campground

Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 ... 4136 4137 4138 4139 4140 4141 4142 4143 4144 ... 4213 Next page Last page  View All

dr_feelgood

Oct 7, 2014, 11:06 PM
Post #103476 of 105309 (5820 views)
Shortcut

Re: [lena_chita] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

must secure ptftw first

dr_feelgood

Oct 7, 2014, 11:06 PM
Post #103477 of 105309 (5819 views)
Shortcut

Re: [climbs4fun] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

whoo!

dr_feelgood

Oct 7, 2014, 11:13 PM
Post #103478 of 105309 (5816 views)
Shortcut

Re: [macherry] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

So a few months ago, I got The Bread Bible. Hadn't ever baked much bread before, but this book is rather easy to use. Highly recommended.

I've been largely sticking to the more rustic hearth loaf, but last night I made a fucking awesome cracked wheat sandwich loaf

WHITE FLOUR!!!

Partner camhead

Oct 8, 2014, 1:59 AM
Post #103479 of 105309 (5804 views)
Shortcut

Re: [dr_feelgood] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

dr_feelgood wrote:
So a few months ago, I got The Bread Bible. Hadn't ever baked much bread before, but this book is rather easy to use. Highly recommended.

I've been largely sticking to the more rustic hearth loaf, but last night I made a fucking awesome cracked wheat sandwich loaf

WHITE FLOUR!!!

RAZIST!

granite_grrl

Oct 8, 2014, 11:36 AM
Post #103480 of 105309 (5797 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

You'll have to bake Nathan and I some bread when we come to Bozeman this December.

We should probably talk a bit about our trip with you too at some point, but it's pretty much the same thing as last year.....but hopefully without the bitter cold.

Partner cracklover

Oct 8, 2014, 6:38 PM
Post #103481 of 105309 (5780 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

lena_chita wrote:
cracklover wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
And I think butternut squash is THE BEST. I used to be just meh about winter squashes. Then I discovered delicata, and it was like, yeah, O.K., I actually like this shit. And then I found buternut, and it was HECK YEAH!!

Is troo. Oh, and butternut grows great in a garden (so long as you have the space).

And iz also trew that butternut squash is fantastic in curry. Best curry dish I make features it.

GO

I might give butternut squash some garden space next year. I was not super-impressed with cantelopes and honeydews that grew this year.

Have you ever tried to trellis the butternut squash? I don't know that i have THAT much space for it.

I've never had much luck with melons. I think they're more work to grow than it's worth.

Regarding butternut squash - never tried to trellis it. What I'd do is just plant it on the edge of the raised bed and train it to grow out into the yard. You'll get like three runners per plant, and as many as two squash per runner. Or at least that's what I got in CO.

Actually, I think trellising it would be a bad idea, and not just because the squashes themselves are so heavy they'd probably rip the plant and the trellis to pieces, but also because there's a weird thing about the way these squashes grow. In several places on the squash runner (IIRC it's at the intersection of a growing squash fruit on the vine) the runner will grow a shoot that grows down into the ground. So, effectively, the plant feeds itself, not just from the main center of the plant, but also several places along the runner. If it were trellised, it wouldn't be able to do that.

There's nowhere to garden in my apartment complex or in the surrounding hellhole that is urban Connecticut. Well, I haven't actually looked into community gardens, but this place is so conservative, I don't have high hopes.

I do, on the other hand, have high hopes for my trip to the Red. Getting pretty psyched - never been before! Too bad I have zero endurance right now (and am not climbing, since I'm nursing a minor injury) so I'm not likely to get any anytime soon. Will spend some time on steep stuff at Rumney this weekend, and hopefully get a little something.

GO

lena_chita

Oct 8, 2014, 6:44 PM
Post #103482 of 105309 (5779 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

dr_feelgood wrote:

WHITE FLOUR!!!

Looks good! I still think there is no better bread-baking books than Peter Reinhart's. Especially if you go into whole-grains baking.

And speaking of that, OMG!!!! My sourdoughs are coming out so freaking awesome!!!!!

lena_chita

Oct 8, 2014, 6:51 PM
Post #103483 of 105309 (5777 views)
Shortcut

Re: [cracklover] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

cracklover wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
cracklover wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
And I think butternut squash is THE BEST. I used to be just meh about winter squashes. Then I discovered delicata, and it was like, yeah, O.K., I actually like this shit. And then I found buternut, and it was HECK YEAH!!

Is troo. Oh, and butternut grows great in a garden (so long as you have the space).

And iz also trew that butternut squash is fantastic in curry. Best curry dish I make features it.

GO

I might give butternut squash some garden space next year. I was not super-impressed with cantelopes and honeydews that grew this year.

Have you ever tried to trellis the butternut squash? I don't know that i have THAT much space for it.

I've never had much luck with melons. I think they're more work to grow than it's worth.

Regarding butternut squash - never tried to trellis it. What I'd do is just plant it on the edge of the raised bed and train it to grow out into the yard. You'll get like three runners per plant, and as many as two squash per runner. Or at least that's what I got in CO.

Actually, I think trellising it would be a bad idea, and not just because the squashes themselves are so heavy they'd probably rip the plant and the trellis to pieces, but also because there's a weird thing about the way these squashes grow. In several places on the squash runner (IIRC it's at the intersection of a growing squash fruit on the vine) the runner will grow a shoot that grows down into the ground. So, effectively, the plant feeds itself, not just from the main center of the plant, but also several places along the runner. If it were trellised, it wouldn't be able to do that.

There's nowhere to garden in my apartment complex or in the surrounding hellhole that is urban Connecticut. Well, I haven't actually looked into community gardens, but this place is so conservative, I don't have high hopes.

Good to know about the squash. There is no way I can allow mine to grow into the yard, because it would be mowed down by hungry vermin ranging from rabbits to deer. But I do have a place inside the fenced garden where i think I can plant it at the edge of the bed and let it run loose.

And there HAS got to be a place for community garden there. I mean, the place might be conservative, but it should have enough of the university-related hippies to support a CSA, and a farmer's market, and I bet you anything, a community garden or two.

cracklover wrote:
I do, on the other hand, have high hopes for my trip to the Red. Getting pretty psyched - never been before! Too bad I have zero endurance right now (and am not climbing, since I'm nursing a minor injury) so I'm not likely to get any anytime soon. Will spend some time on steep stuff at Rumney this weekend, and hopefully get a little something.

GO

You know that mentioning Rumney in BET is bad form, right? Tongue And I bet you anything you have more endurance than me at the moment.

I asked for a whambulance on standby for this weekend, I hope someone takes care of it for me.

snoopy138

Oct 8, 2014, 6:58 PM
Post #103484 of 105309 (5775 views)
Shortcut

Re: [granite_grrl] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

granite_grrl wrote:
You'll have to bake Nathan and I some bread when we come to Bozeman this December.

We should probably talk a bit about our trip with you too at some point, but it's pretty much the same thing as last year.....but hopefully without the bitter cold.

have you considered just going southwards and climbing rocks?

snoopy138

Oct 8, 2014, 7:00 PM
Post #103485 of 105309 (5773 views)
Shortcut

Re: [cracklover] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

cracklover wrote:

GO

I'm not sure how bouldering is going to train ewe for the red.

granite_grrl

Oct 8, 2014, 7:18 PM
Post #103486 of 105309 (5769 views)
Shortcut

Re: [snoopy138] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

snoopy138 wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:

have you considered just going southwards and climbing rocks?

I'm doing that this weekend!

dr_feelgood

Oct 8, 2014, 8:12 PM
Post #103487 of 105309 (5765 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

lena_chita wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:

WHITE FLOUR!!!

Looks good! I still think there is no better bread-baking books than Peter Reinhart's. Especially if you go into whole-grains baking.

And speaking of that, OMG!!!! My sourdoughs are coming out so freaking awesome!!!!!

I haven't used peter reinhart, but have heard very good things about his books. I figure I'll master a bunch of the recipes in this book, and then branch out.

Partner cracklover

Oct 8, 2014, 9:13 PM
Post #103488 of 105309 (5757 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

snoopy138 wrote:
cracklover wrote:

GO

I'm not sure how bouldering is going to train ewe for the red.

You jerk - you crushed my dreams! Actually, you made me LOL. Honestly, my Rumney dreams are probably pre-crushed, since I'm not super-hopeful about this nagging injury being all better by Saturday. And if it's not, I'm sure as shit not going to risk screwing up my trip to the Red by getting on anything hard at Rumney.

Funny thing, though (and it doesn't involve Mr. Carnyhands) - I actually am planning to do a route that is without doubt really a boulder problem. Anyone ever done Blackjack Crack? It looks fun.

GO

tripperjm

Oct 9, 2014, 1:37 AM
Post #103489 of 105309 (5740 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Well, looks like teh Pres is going to declare the San Gabriel National Forest a National Monument, to protect the forest. He is going to put a bunch of money into additional rangers and LEO's, some into trails, cleaning up the forest and public awareness programs.

......course protecting the forest sounds good, cept it's more like a federal land grab. And the way he is doing it, executive order, means there will be no public or congressional debate....

Sighs.... Gawd eye hate teh feds.

Knot to mention I have several hundred root within the gnu Monument boundries that will be at risk.....

Sure, it's going to take some time before the can find them all, but the Way Gnu Sic Gnar..... It's in plain site.

Better get in there clamhed and send before they shut teh best steep crag in sokat down.

lena_chita

Oct 9, 2014, 6:04 PM
Post #103490 of 105309 (5703 views)
Shortcut

Re: [tripperjm] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

For a brief time each fall I wish I lived in the South.

You know why? For the most ridiculous of reasons!

I wish I lived in the South so i could grow Muscadine grapes (Scuppernong) in my backyard. I don't know why I like them so much, but I look forward to couple weeks in the fall when Whole Foods has Muscadine grapes the way people look forward to Christmas (or whatever it is people are looking forward to all year... I was recently informed it was pumpkin spice latte)

Seriously, those things are like crack to me. So big. So round. So Scuppernong. Crazy

Partner camhead

Oct 9, 2014, 7:37 PM
Post #103491 of 105309 (5679 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

tripperjm wrote:
Well, looks like teh Pres is going to declare the San Gabriel National Forest a National Monument, to protect the forest. He is going to put a bunch of money into additional rangers and LEO's, some into trails, cleaning up the forest and public awareness programs.

......course protecting the forest sounds good, cept it's more like a federal land grab. And the way he is doing it, executive order, means there will be no public or congressional debate....

Knot to mention I have several hundred root within the gnu Monument boundries that will be at risk.....

Sure, it's going to take some time before the can find them all, but the Way Gnu Sic Gnar..... It's in plain site.

Better get in there clamhed and send before they shut teh best steep crag in sokat down.

Still planning on early January. Hope it's still open by then.

caughtinside

Oct 10, 2014, 4:36 AM
Post #103492 of 105309 (5659 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

tripperjm wrote:

Your roots are getting obamacare!!!

dr_feelgood

Oct 10, 2014, 1:36 PM
Post #103493 of 105309 (5639 views)
Shortcut

Re: [caughtinside] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

caughtinside wrote:
tripperjm wrote:

They're going to have their guns taken away! And an involuntary dinosaur!

snoopy138

Oct 10, 2014, 11:04 PM
Post #103494 of 105309 (5627 views)
Shortcut

Re: [caughtinside] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

caughtinside wrote:
tripperjm wrote:

better get off your ass and come down to zend while you still can.

dr_feelgood

Oct 11, 2014, 12:29 AM
Post #103495 of 105309 (5616 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

snoopy138 wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
tripperjm wrote:

better get off your ass and come down to zend while you still can.

Don't hold yore breath...

Akshually, Please hold yore breath.

uhoh

Oct 11, 2014, 1:17 AM
Post #103496 of 105309 (5609 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Haven't posted here in forever because I thought this thread applied to me specifically.

Does anyone know where I can pick up quality lycra climbing pants?

dr_feelgood

Oct 11, 2014, 2:38 AM
Post #103497 of 105309 (5598 views)
Shortcut

Re: [uhoh] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

uhoh wrote:
Haven't posted here in forever because I thought this thread applied to me specifically.

Does anyone know where I can pick up quality lycra climbing pants?
Try lululemon. unless you are asian.

dr_feelgood

Oct 11, 2014, 7:34 PM
Post #103498 of 105309 (5576 views)
Shortcut

Re: [camhead] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I'm stuck doing schoolwork this weekend, and since all of my shit is up in the office, I'm up here alone.

There are a lot of flies, who are rather slow and stupid.

I've gotten quite good at killing them with a pencil.

I am a fly-murdering ninja.

dr_feelgood

Oct 11, 2014, 10:32 PM
Post #103499 of 105309 (5568 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Also, Coffee and Red Wine make me feel creative, but I don't know how effective it really is. Hence...

dr_feelgood

Oct 11, 2014, 10:34 PM
Post #103500 of 105309 (5567 views)
Shortcut

Re: [granite_grrl] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

fucking off on a completely dead rc.knob

First page Previous page 1 ... 4136 4137 4138 4139 4140 4141 4142 4143 4144 ... 4213 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook