Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Partner pbcowboy77

Dec 26, 2002, 9:57 PM
Post #26 of 32 (3804 views)
Shortcut

New Year's Eve Party in J-Tree [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  

I'm thinking of comming out on Sunday. Is anyone planning at staying at the climbers Ranch?

Partner pbcowboy77

Dec 27, 2002, 9:45 AM
Post #27 of 32 (3804 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

This was posted in the "J-Tree dates and info" Forum about new Year's

Hey Gang, Happy Holidays;

First off, this is not an official statement from the Joshua Tree National Park Service. Nor do I represent them. The following statement is being made by Joe Citizen who just happens to live in Joshua Tree and work on JOSAR (Joshua Tree Search And Rescue).

I just wanted to give everyone a heads up about Hidden Valley campground and what’s up with New Years Eve this year. The NPS Rangers are going to have a VERY STRONG PRESENCE around Hidden Valley. Last years party was just too large and a tad out of control. The Park Service’s stance is that Hidden Valley campground does not belong to us climbers, but belongs to the public in general. Translated, our behaviour may be acceptable to us, but not Bob and Ethel, the retired couple from Nebraska. I am not saying in any way that all climbers are out of control. So, please, have a wonderful time climbing and enjoying the park, just be courteous of others around you!

The JT Climbers ranch is up and running. You are welcome to stay there. At the moment, there is no water due to multiple breaks in the pipe. We hope to have it back up and running in a week or so. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, Wally Barker (the owner of the ranch) has graciously allowed us to stay there when ever we please. Show your appreciation and respect by cleaning up after yourself and others. Wally and I spent the entire month of August this summer digging the whole and working get the ranch useable for the season.

Have a safe, and happy New Years! If you see a white Suburban with a Yellow light bar, and signs that say “Search And Rescue” cruising around, feel free to stop us and say hi, or ask for help if you need it. WE ARE NOT Law Enforcement, we are group of volunteers. You can also spot team members by looking for the very bright yellow/gold shirts that say Joshua Tree Search And Rescue!

Happy Holidays and climb safe!
Robert Fonda

Partner rrrADAM

Dec 27, 2002, 12:26 PM
Post #28 of 32 (3804 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

Thanx for the post... I agree with it 100%, as I am always pretty "low-key" when camping anywhere.

Partner rrrADAM

Dec 27, 2002, 4:25 PM
Post #29 of 32 (3804 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

Woo Hoo !!!

We're off to the Airport.

i.karen
Deleted

Dec 28, 2002, 7:31 PM
Post #30 of 32 (3804 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

Adam and I just finished with the long journey out here and are happy to be home!!!

It felt so good to walk out side with only a T shirt.

J-Tree Sunday!!!!

See-ya out there!!!!

Partner rrrADAM

Dec 28, 2002, 9:22 PM
Post #31 of 32 (3804 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

OK... We're back home in SoCal, and will be in J-Tree Sun, Mon, and Tues... We are driving a white Seabring Convertable rental... I think we will just be bouldering around Hidden Valley with Mike (mreardon) on Sunday... We will leave a note daily on the HVC BB telling where to find us.

See you there.

ride

Dec 29, 2002, 6:37 PM
Post #32 of 32 (3804 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

Daisy, I'm thinking of going tomorrow morning(monday) and I live in Camarillo, PM me if you still need a ride.

-e

[ This Message was edited by: ride on 2002-12-29 10:45 ]

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Climbing Information : Events & Gatherings

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook