Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

superdiamonddave

Sep 16, 2002, 3:07 PM
Post #26 of 56 (6579 views)
Shortcut

Quartz Mountain Fall Gathering [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  

Amber, don't sweat not making the Fall Gathering, we still have the Quartz Spring Fling on the first weekend in April every year as well. Besides, Utah rocks!!

bean

Sep 16, 2002, 4:06 PM
Post #27 of 56 (6579 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

Yeah....I am so excited that everyone is on this thread. J.C. I thought your pics were great Wroyce absolutely loved the picture of Gracie..Wroyce got some good pics too, and I am going to see if I am smart enough to get some up maybe even a profile pic of me...Amber Moab sounds like fun, and don't worry we can't have too much fun if you won't be there. Maybe just a few dirty jokes for Paul here and there

Partner calamity_chk

Sep 16, 2002, 4:15 PM
Post #28 of 56 (6579 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

hee hee .. okay, but dont let Jeff and Mo near Paul .. they keep trying to steal the closest thing to a climbing partner that I have .. the big ol meanies ..

And, Dave, thanks for the reminder on the Spring gathering .. it will probably even fall near my son's bday .. what a bday party he'll get to have !! haha ..

bean

Sep 16, 2002, 5:44 PM
Post #29 of 56 (6579 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

If the boys come, I'll be sure to keep a good amount of distance between them and Paul...I would hate for you to lose your partner. Hey what do you think about Horshoe canyon? are you in for that weekend or what

hugepedro

Sep 16, 2002, 6:45 PM
Post #30 of 56 (6579 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

I'll be there. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Hey clymbr_chk, are you climbing with a guide in Moab? If so I'd love to hear any feedback from your experience for comparison shopping purposes.

Peter

chuckd278

Sep 16, 2002, 7:06 PM
Post #31 of 56 (6579 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

Bean,
If you heading to the Horseshoe Canyon trip I need to talk to you about going. Most of my regular partners will not be able to go do to lung surgery, jobs, wives and etc. I went last year and had a blast when it was at Sams. I have never been to the canyon, but I have climbed near there. Anyway I will try to get some beta from okieterry next time I climb with him about the good routes.

Chuck

xcit

Sep 16, 2002, 7:15 PM
Post #32 of 56 (6579 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

Hey, any of you guys or girls that were at the Wichita trip that are planning to come to Horseshoe canyon I'll be glad to show you the way. You can even crash at my house on your way back home if you need to.
Brandon J.

bean

Sep 16, 2002, 11:24 PM
Post #33 of 56 (6579 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

For everyone who is going to the Quartz gathering, I would like to say that I think they should go to the Horseshoe Canyon gathering too...this thread is a little hard, but you can find it under regional discussion forum, then under arkansas, horseshoe canyon get together...We need to get this thread going, because it sounds like nobody wants to go to Arkansas, and I think it would be so fun..

cyberclimber

Sep 17, 2002, 3:58 PM
Post #34 of 56 (6579 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

I'm not sure how much we should be talking about the Arkansas gathering on this thread,,,but here is the link for those interested: http://www.rockclimbing.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=16086&forum=27&4

I doubt that I will be able to make the Arkansas trip, but Arkansas climbing rocks (the caving is even better) Keep your ears peeled for beta on Hidden Hollow/Hideout Hollow near Compton. I wanna try it next time I go caving but I can't find any info.

chuckd278

Sep 20, 2002, 7:20 PM
Post #35 of 56 (6579 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

Knotrocket,

Aid climbs at Quartz:
Cardinal Fang A4
Charlie Don't Surf A3
Aid Roof A2
Anorexia 5.13 A2
Hook Roof A4

I have not tried these routes as aid routes so I can't tell you much past the names. Many are short routes.

Chuck

bean

Sep 20, 2002, 10:47 PM
Post #36 of 56 (6579 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

yea!!! only two more weekends...
isn't everyone getting excited? I know I am I can't wait

knotrocket

Sep 21, 2002, 3:22 PM
Post #37 of 56 (6579 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

chuck, is anybody that you know that is going into aid? I wouldn't mind learning more about it...

chuckd278

Sep 22, 2002, 2:14 AM
Post #38 of 56 (6579 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

I don't know if any just aid type guys will be out there. Last year I think Mike Johnston was out there. He is one of the top aid guys in this area. Sorry I can't help better.

Chuck

hutch

Sep 22, 2002, 1:46 PM
Post #39 of 56 (6579 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

Greetings:

Looks like we'll have some new faces at the Fall Gathering this year. If you haven't been to Baldy Point (Quartz) before, you're in for an adventure.

For those of you who don't know, the Access Fund and the Wichita Mountains Climbers Coalition (WMCC) purchased Baldy Point in 2001 from the private owners and donated the land to Quartz Mountain Nature Park. The property is now managed as a natural area, and is normally "Day Use" only (dawn to dusk).

Thanks to a special use camping permit provided by the Park to the WMCC for the Fall Gathering, climbers can camp on-site at Quartz on Friday and Saturday night (October 4th and 5th). The fee is $3 per person per night, whether you camp in a tent, bivy on a ledge, or sleep in your vehicle. The fee includes free use of the showers at the main park campground. If you plan on arriving before Friday or staying beyond Sunday, you will need to camp at the main park campground on those nights.

The WMCC will have a portable toilet delivered and set in the corner of the parking lot. Please use it.

No open campfires are allowed at Baldy Point. If you plan to cook out, please bring a stove. Otherwise, join the caravan to Luigi's Italian Restaurant for a famous calzone.

Sorry, but mountain bikes are not currently allowed on the Baldy Point property.

In order to protect Baldy Point's fabulous resources and to insure future special use camping permits for the Fall Gathering and Spring Fling, please help us to minimize our impacts by dispersing tent sites, using the provided toilet, abiding by the "No Fires" regulation, and carrying out all trash.

For more information, please visit the WMCC website at:

http://www.wichitamountains.org

The WMCC and Access Fund are directly responsible for the climbing freedoms we currently enjoy at the Refuge and Quartz. All climbers who frequent these areas are encouraged to join the organizations and support their efforts to protect the climbing resources and natural environment of the Wichita Mountains.

See you at Quartz!

Marion Hutchison
WMCC Board Member
Access Fund Regional Coordinator

[ This Message was edited by: hutch on 2002-09-22 07:24 ]

chuckd278

Sep 23, 2002, 1:40 AM
Post #40 of 56 (6579 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

Marion,
Nice to see that you remembered the web address and joined. See you at Quartz.

Chuck

okieterry

Sep 23, 2002, 2:01 AM
Post #41 of 56 (6579 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

Hey "hutch", where's starsky? I'm glad you finally joined up. You'll be amazed at some of the posts.
Kosta and I had a good day yesterday at Quartz. Can you believe we had it to ourselves the whole day? I checked out all the new bolts that kevin and kyle placed, they look awesome!! We need to get these guys some gifts.
See ya,
Okieterry

superdiamonddave

Sep 23, 2002, 1:30 PM
Post #42 of 56 (6579 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

Hi Marion! You are going to love this site. But be careful as it can get addictive. I think you are right...this could be our biggest turnout with lots of new faces. See ya at Quartz.

bean

Sep 25, 2002, 4:01 AM
Post #43 of 56 (6579 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

Where are all the people that are going to Quartz? Why is nobobdy on this thread!!??? I am so excited, and there is nobody to share my excitement with
Can't wait to go!! see ya there

cyberclimber

Sep 25, 2002, 1:03 PM
Post #44 of 56 (6579 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

Hi bean,
How was the Arkansas trip? That sure is some pretty country in that area, we go camping and caving there a couple of times a year. Did you stop by Steel Creek and gaze up at the 3-4 pitch bluff of sheer limestone rising above the buffalo river? Makes me salivate,,,yet makes me sweat as well. I'm not yet ready for such a challenge, but I am working on it.
I have been trying not to think much about the upcoming Quartz gathering because it is looking as though I won't be able to make it. My aunt is getting married in Missouri that weekend and my Mom is the "maid of honor", but she doesn't think she can drive it by herself and she is really laying the guilt trip on,,,so we will see. I'm off the boot and able to walk almost normal now, haven't climbed since the Wichitas gathering,,,and I am really itching to go. I have a wedding to shoot in Dallas this weekend, so I can't go this weekend either. Why does life have to get in the way of climbing so much? Anyway, I am hoping someone will offer to take her to the wedding, but if no one else does, I will have to do so. I will see you at the gathering if I am not in Missouri.

hugepedro

Sep 26, 2002, 4:56 PM
Post #45 of 56 (6579 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

Well, I can't wait! I'm heading up there this weekend. Na na na na na!

See y'all at the Gathering!

hutch

Sep 27, 2002, 6:56 PM
Post #46 of 56 (6579 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

Thanks for the welcome everyone. I am amazed at the extent of the RC site. A person could spend hours every day scrolling through the forums and area pages. Hats off to Push for organizing the Oklahoma page. I'm looking forward to seeing everybody at Quartz next weekend. It will be a great time!

climbnnow

Sep 30, 2002, 5:06 PM
Post #47 of 56 (6579 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

OK.. so who is all going?? and when? I'm leaving as soon as I get off work on Friday. Never been there so I hope it's easy to find.

Bean- you still going on Thurs?

See ya all there
Bryan

chuckd278

Sep 30, 2002, 5:19 PM
Post #48 of 56 (6579 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

I will be there by 8 or 9 on Friday. Have to take my dog to her trainer before I leave OKC. It's not that hard to find, but very easy to make a wrong turn along the way. As soon as you turn off the highway watch your speed. If it says 25 mph then do it. The ranger likes to ticket.

Chuck

okieterry

Oct 2, 2002, 2:43 AM
Post #49 of 56 (6579 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

Ol'Baldy is ready for ya!! Hope everyone is planning to come and have some fun!! The goat has promised to be good. Some new (less run-out) climbs have been recently added. Boulder problem landings have been cleared. We'll have a grill for everyone to use. We'll have a slack line up with a good landing area. And, best of all - its going to be COOOOL!!!
need directions, route info, what to bring, any other questions, email me or call me on my mobile at 405-820-5510.
Terry

pushfurther

Oct 2, 2002, 4:58 AM
Post #50 of 56 (6579 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

i'll talk to the old knotrocket and see waht days he has off this weekend, and figure out when we'll be down there.

oh yeah, and the narrows trailwork is coming up, too, huh?

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Climbing Information : Events & Gatherings

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook