Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next page Last page  View All

crazygrl

Sep 23, 2002, 2:22 PM
Post #126 of 192 (12270 views)
Shortcut

RC.com in Arizona (This Weekend)!! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  

HEY GUYS
I have to bail on this trip, money is very tight so I can't afford to take the time off, but I'll probably head up to Yos instead Take care
Noel

climblouisiana

Sep 23, 2002, 8:44 PM
Post #127 of 192 (12270 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

Sounds like a fun gathering. I'd like to head up early saturday morning. Anyone want to let me catch a ride with them?

lilred

Sep 23, 2002, 9:38 PM
Post #128 of 192 (12270 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

stoked stoked STOKED!!!!

w00t w00t!!!!!!!

~Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!~

t minus three days for meeeeeee!!
/me dances the boogie

lilred

Sep 23, 2002, 9:38 PM
Post #129 of 192 (12270 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

stoked stoked STOKED!!!!

w00t w00t!!!!!!!

~Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!~

t minus three days for meeeeeee!!
/me dances the boogie

climberchic

Sep 24, 2002, 2:11 AM
Post #130 of 192 (12270 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

Ok, so I edited all the camping info, gave directions and a whole bunch more goodies, but guess what???

I can't edit the link (ongoing bug that they cannot fix). So I copy all the info, send it to an admin and forget to copy it so I could post it here for any of your antsy folks. So it is lost in PM purgatory until it gets answered and fixed

But here is the link and the description made it through.
http://www.rockclimbing.com/events/list.php?ID=59

He's pretty good about helping me edit this stuff, so I'd check back often. Until then, we wait....

And get HELLA HAPPY 'cause there are only 3 MORE DAYS!!!

WOO-HOO!!

~Erica

climbsomething

Sep 24, 2002, 2:33 AM
Post #131 of 192 (12270 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

Gathering? What? What'sa one of those?? You mean, *we're* having one?! NO WAY! WHO KNEW?

Weeee, temporary insanity!!

Hmm, for the Hillary it is more like 4 days. But that's ok

4 days. Until...

Until my very intimidating, wicked burly ~rippling muscles~. Until Dee-Dee the Sport Climbing Donkey. Until a new batch of people looks at my Tilly and goes, "Whoa, izzat a wolf?" Until you get a cheap camera stuffed in your face. Until GATHERING!

w00t!

climbsomething

Sep 24, 2002, 2:43 AM
Post #132 of 192 (12270 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

Flagstaff forecast, according to www.weather.com:

Thu Sep 26 Mostly Sunny 73°/39°
Fri Sep 27 Partly Cloudy 72°/39°
Sat Sep 28 Partly Cloudy 71°/36°
Sun Sep 29 Partly Cloudy 70°/37°

Pack accordingly, boyz 'n girlz

jbone

Sep 24, 2002, 4:00 AM
Post #133 of 192 (12270 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

Did I actually hear that there will be some sort of SUPERVISION at the Gathering this weekend?

Oh my god, Can we all get some kind of wrist bracelets that have our user names as well.?

I absolutely cannot believe that this has even been discussed. What the Hell do you take us for.. Will there be someone roving the crags verifying that people are safe enough to climb as well? This is incredibly rediculous to even fathom for me. I am astounded at the entire prospect that this web site is some kind of controlling factor for what the users here do and how they conduct themselves when in public. Are climbers that untrustworthy?

This sounds like something a true climber would rather avoid then try to engage in. Not to mention the few locals that this whole event is driving from town as a result of the overpopulation of their crags for the weekend. It's too bad the majority of visitors will miss out on the true climbing experience that this City and half of the state has to offer.

I Will be there, but rest assured if anyone here appreciates the LACK of "Big Brother," I will be like Moses leading the masses to a less regulated climbing experience.

Maybe you need this kind of regulation? Maybe you don't feel safe around a bunch of climbers who you talk to or read about regularly on this site. If so then you will get the Very Rare opportunity to go outside your door this weekend and enjoy a climbing weekend at the awesome Northern crags of Arizona. But Don't come back because then the dogs will come out (whoever they may be?) and surely eat you like the swine they see you as.

I am not one of these but as a frequent climber of the great Arizona Northlands I can tell you that they do exist.

Make it real and dispose of this "Big Brother" Tactic before it goes too far..

Liberator of Stone,
And Any Climbers Friend...
JBone
Tempe, Arizona

lilred

Sep 24, 2002, 4:53 AM
Post #134 of 192 (12270 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

~blink blink~

...they don't have a smiley with it's eyes bugging out...if they did, I would put it here tho...

climbsomething

Sep 24, 2002, 5:10 AM
Post #135 of 192 (12270 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

who what now?

Seriously, did I miss something? What's the story, JBone?

stick233

Sep 24, 2002, 5:36 AM
Post #136 of 192 (12270 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

uh yeah, me too...

climberchic

Sep 24, 2002, 5:53 AM
Post #137 of 192 (12270 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

Jay~

Whut in the sam hill are you talkin' about??

Supervision? Well, I'll be watching people climb. Is that what you mean?

Seriously, though. Fill me in on where you heard that... You're killin' my buzz, yo.

~Erica

[ This Message was edited by: climberchic on 2002-09-23 23:07 ]

hendicrimpin

Sep 24, 2002, 5:55 AM
Post #138 of 192 (12270 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

JBone....dunno what you're talking about man. I haven't even heard a whisper about this gathering being in ANY WAY regulated. If you ARE referring to the campsite planning, than you should know the only reason erica(climberchic) and rick(flagstaffclimber) are bothering with this at all is b/c the draw has had some access issues (the forest service road is getting run down quickly) and a big gathering like this might cause some friction with local authorities. Other than that...i don't have a clue what you're talking about. I spent sunday climbing with both erica and rick - and i promise they won't know what you're talking about either. By the way climberchic and flagstaffclimber have both spent a good bit of time planning this thing out, so i'd like to give a big HELL YEAH!! to both of them. See everybody this weekend.
matt

by the way, i'm leaving phoenix around noon on friday. If anybody needs a ride just pm me, and i'll happily oblige. This especially applies to people flying in, and who might be scrambling for a lift.

climberchic

Sep 24, 2002, 5:57 AM
Post #139 of 192 (12270 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

HA HA!! Freed from PM purgatory!

Here is the info until it's posted proper-like

Here are the "Directions":
Located in Flagstaff in Northern Arizona. Elevation is about 9000', so don't expect typical desert temps. Keep checking the weather as the time approaches for typical September Flagstaff weather If flying, your best bet is to fly into Phoenix and hitch a ride with one of the Phoenix or Tucson locals on their way up. Remember that it is a 3 hour drive up to Phoenix, so if you are arriving in late to Phoenix, you may be spending night at the house of your ride up there. If driving, follow the directions from your city to the intersection of Milton and Forest Meadows Street in Flagstaff, AZ on mapquest.com. From I-17 North~ Take I-17 into Flagstaff. I-17 will turn into Milton. Take a left at the first stoplight (you'll see a Sizzler's on the corner) onto Forest Meadows Street. Take the first left at the stoplight (Chevron on corner) onto Beulah. Go 3 stop lights down and turn left onto Lake Mary Road, then follow this road over 2 cattle guards and exactly 6 miles down. On your left, you will see "Canyon Vista" campground. This is where we are camped at the trailhead to the Pit. Look at the bulletin board to see which sites are ours. There are 3 tent sites per campsite. Fees are: $8 for the first car $4 for each additional car per campsite. This will be $6 a night per person if one person stays in each tentsite. THE CAMPSITES ARE NON-RESERVABLE!! ~IF YOU ARE COMING LATE (after Friday morning) AND WANT A SITE~, PM flagstaff_climber(Rick). He has offered to pay for sites that morning so you will have somewhere to go. There are only 11 campsites (with 3 tents per site) at this campground and they normally go quickly on a weekend, so if you are not there early and haven't contacted Rick, you will most likely not get a site here. If you don't want to pay for a site, PM myself or Rick and we may have some other options for you. There is a country store 0.7 miles past the campground on your right and a gas station/convenience mart 5 miles back toward Flag.

jbone

Sep 24, 2002, 12:30 PM
Post #140 of 192 (12270 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

Ok,

After a long night of Retro Verification it turns out that the "Supervision" that I was referring too is only aa Myth..

I am pleased to hear that there has been no regulation planned for this event, and that my sources seem to have been mistaken..

Thank you, I am sorry to get everyone all worked up but if there was a chance that this might have been true then I believe the people should be aware if it was..

Erika, I owe you a Beer (Beers) for this one.

Whooo hooo This is great news.. Let the uninhibitions flow....

What you all should know is that there are something called "Rampaging" that goes on here. Don't be suprised when at around 4 am a few hardy drunken locals make a raid of a few of the populated campsites. Once again I will not be one of them but you should be aware in case fireworks come streaming into your camp from these irritated locals. You see they truly don't like people they do not know at their crags. And there reaction to this is getting all drunk then raiding through the forest looking for innocent climbers to harass. I have been a victim to this onslaught and I hope none of you have to experience this ugly tradition.

SO unite together and this experience should surely be avoided, and your opinions of climbing here will not be tainted.

Once again the "Supervision" post has been verified as a Myth so you need not be concerned that your actions here will not reflect on your membership to the site the next week..

SO Come all ye who hold these truths to be self-evident and all climbers shall be treated Equally and fairly at this unique Function.

Oh yeah, if you are looking for the Easy V10's then come to me.. Locals especially do not like to give strangers beta unless you snake charm it out of them. Fortunately I am not so Tight lipped about the problems here.

By the way there is a guide for the Draw (Foldout) available at the Vertical relief Gym on San Francisco Strret if you are intrested in beta to this amazing area. Although I am sure any one of the members here won't have any problems pointing out the Gems...

Liberator of Stone
JBone

climberchic

Sep 24, 2002, 1:54 PM
Post #141 of 192 (12270 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

Thanks for the retraction and the forwarning Jay. I'm really not too worried about that. I've never had a problem, besides some people yelling at night. And I am a (AZ) local now, but before that I was a local in NY, and I'll tell you right now. There will be some serious hard-core as*-whoopin' if there is anything more than that. I know these people and I know where they live...

ANYHOO!!!

And for anyone wanting beta on the Draw (the few of us that there are ) Jay's your guy. He knows every problem in that place and would be happy to show you. But key~ DON'T ask where the easy V10 is (ala "Rampage"-ers).

[ This Message was edited by: climberchic on 2002-09-24 06:56 ]

lilred

Sep 24, 2002, 4:12 PM
Post #142 of 192 (12270 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

The locals are CRAZY...last time I camped at the draw, they set off fireworks and a rocket came within INCHES of my head...I say we get a plan together...buckets of ice water or something to the like...
/me gives evil sly grin

OOoh! OOoooh! AND I can practice Tackeling, football style baby!!!! HUT HUT!!!!

[ This Message was edited by: lilred on 2002-09-24 09:39 ]

climberchic

Sep 24, 2002, 4:46 PM
Post #143 of 192 (12270 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

Maybe if we camp under those rock roofs at the Draw they won't see us. Then we'll have shelter from stuff hitting us from above. It looks like a great spot to build a campfire too!

climberchic

Sep 24, 2002, 8:54 PM
Post #144 of 192 (12270 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

Ok folks!

The Event page is finally revised. Check it out

here.

~Erica

stick233

Sep 24, 2002, 9:23 PM
Post #145 of 192 (12270 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

i'm not afraid of locals, i work on the border! i also know where to "find" a few bottle rockets, if anyone wants to fight fire with fire... let's just not burn down the house... meet y'all soon...

climberchic

Sep 24, 2002, 10:05 PM
Post #146 of 192 (12270 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

No No No...

Really this is a very small group of local rednecks that have nothing better to do than shoot fireworks in the middle of the night at the Draw. They never get out of their trucks, drive by very fast and throw fireworks. They do not frequent the established campgrounds (where we are staying) and I've never heard of something happening there. Besides, there is only one entrance/exit to the Pit, so they would have to drive in, harass, stop, back up, turn around and drive out. None of these guys have the guts to face a head-on confrontation.

Please do not fear the yocals. They can do you NO harm.

flagstaff_climber

Sep 24, 2002, 10:19 PM
Post #147 of 192 (12270 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

Yehhhh I am a local and know many of the climbers here and cannot imagine ANY of them doing anything like that, unless you sorely deserved it Like walking around at the Forks with a power drill and a rack of bolts

I suspect Ericia is right about the redneck theory, they have em here too But most do not climb, the belt buckles do not fit on harnesses too well.

BTW who is organizing the nakeed massed accent of Mr Slate on Sat night ?

Rick

[ This Message was edited by: flagstaff_climber on 2002-09-24 15:22 ]

climbsomething

Sep 24, 2002, 10:31 PM
Post #148 of 192 (12270 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

Sweet. 44 "Hell yeah!! " peeps, plus maybe others still!

PARTY!!

climberchic

Sep 24, 2002, 10:35 PM
Post #149 of 192 (12270 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

Rick~I believe the majority of them are boulderers which makes me mad, because it gives those who boulder (including me) a bad name.

Oh~ and naked ascent of Mr.Slate? Would that be before or after the shrimp and crab feast? And did you check out the weather?? Mid-30s at night. Naked, I will NOT be

Hillary~ Check again. (add 7 to that)

~Erica

lilred

Sep 24, 2002, 10:38 PM
Post #150 of 192 (12270 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

52!!!!!!!

WOOOO HOOOOOO!!!!!

/me dances the jig snoopy-like

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Climbing Information : Events & Gatherings

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook