RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Events & Gatherings

Premier Sponsor:

ClimbUpForKids

May 6, 2010, 12:45 PM
Post #1 of 4 (2703 views)
Shortcut

June & September Charity Events Seek Climbers
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Climb Up So Kids Can Grow Up can use your help. Climb Up asks climbers to pick a challenge and recruit personal sponsors to benefit children affected by the AIDS crisis in Africa. A challenge can be anything from summiting a peak to climbing a given number of vertical feet and individuals as well as groups are invited to participate. Furthermore the challenge can be performed in a location of your choice.

We have two upcoming events:

Climb Up the 50 June 22nd – July 5th
Climb Up the World September 18th – 19th

Would you consider helping us? Whether you’re interested in climbing individually or as a group, I’d like to tell you more about our event. Please PM me or you can find more information here: http://www.ClimbUpSoKidsCanGrowUp.com

Thanks,

Bill

guangzhou

Jun 7, 2010, 2:34 AM
Post #2 of 4 (2594 views)
Shortcut

Re: [ClimbUpForKids] June & September Charity Events Seek Climbers [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

http://www.firstgiving.com/emanandernita

Looks like a good solid cause. More important, I don't have to touch the contributions, the money goes t=stay to the organization. My wife and I have agreed to see what we can do.

Our goal, 3000 vertical feet of climbing in a single day. End of July, Lake Tahoe.

ClimbUpForKids

Jun 7, 2010, 4:20 AM
Post #3 of 4 (2582 views)
Shortcut

Re: [guangzhou] June & September Charity Events Seek Climbers [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Emmanuel,

Thanks for stepping up to help us help kids!

And yes, you don't have to deal with handling donations using the online fundraising page.

FYI - 100% of all the funds we receive are converted into medicines, medical supplies, medical equipment and food that are provided to agencies like hospitals, clinics, orphanages and social service agencies in Kenya, Congo, Tanzania and Zimbabwe. All of these recipients are carefully vetted by AFCA to ensure that they deliver all supplies to the children that need it.

Thanks & please pm me if you have any questions or need any help.

Bill

guangzhou

Jun 7, 2010, 5:49 AM
Post #4 of 4 (2567 views)
Shortcut

Re: [ClimbUpForKids] June & September Charity Events Seek Climbers [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Welcome Bill. Hope I can raise you guys some cash. I will keep you guys in mind in the future. I occasionally get asked to participate in various climbing festival, so I might be able to get the world out among ex-pats living in Asia.

Eman

Forums : Climbing Information : Events & Gatherings

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook