Forums: Climbing Information: Events & Gatherings:
Rumney Ruckus 08
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Events & Gatherings

Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 21 Next page Last page  View All

Partner jammer

Jun 6, 2008, 9:30 PM
Post #201 of 507 (6884 views)
Shortcut

Re: [c4c] Ruckus Photography? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

c4c wrote:
pharmboy wrote:
c4c wrote:
pharmboy wrote:
epoch wrote:
I think notch may be looking for a partner.

Depending on scheduling, as previously stated, I may or may not be in for Tard Farday. If I can make it I'll gladly offer up for a third on Whitney Gillman.

I talked to Matt a couple weeks ago and should hopefully hear from him soon as to his plans for Friday. I'm up for WGR or Moby, or really anything for that matter. However this is what I kind of had in mind (sorry for stealing the link from elsewheres): http://www.neclimbs.com/forum.php **Weird, the link doesn't seem to work right. It's in the new rock route threads, re: "Lost in the Sun" in Crawford Notch.

Have you been up there yet and if so how is the climbing. Looked like a great spot to hit on Tard-day

I would be up for that on friday Rich.

Great Todd! It sounds like a bit of an adventure with the possibility of bear encounters, it'll be good to have someone with me that runs slower than I do!

I think you might be surprised how fast I can run when chased. Besides I'm tripping Alan if we see a bear. Are you sure that it isn't a possibility of beer encounters instead?

I would never satisfy the appetite of even a cub, so all that would do is give you maybe .... 5 seconds? Tongue

c4c

Jun 6, 2008, 9:50 PM
Post #202 of 507 (6882 views)
Shortcut

Re: [jammer] Ruckus Photography? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

jammer wrote:
c4c wrote:
pharmboy wrote:
c4c wrote:
pharmboy wrote:
epoch wrote:
I think notch may be looking for a partner.

Depending on scheduling, as previously stated, I may or may not be in for Tard Farday. If I can make it I'll gladly offer up for a third on Whitney Gillman.

I talked to Matt a couple weeks ago and should hopefully hear from him soon as to his plans for Friday. I'm up for WGR or Moby, or really anything for that matter. However this is what I kind of had in mind (sorry for stealing the link from elsewheres): http://www.neclimbs.com/forum.php **Weird, the link doesn't seem to work right. It's in the new rock route threads, re: "Lost in the Sun" in Crawford Notch.

Have you been up there yet and if so how is the climbing. Looked like a great spot to hit on Tard-day

I would be up for that on friday Rich.

Great Todd! It sounds like a bit of an adventure with the possibility of bear encounters, it'll be good to have someone with me that runs slower than I do!

I think you might be surprised how fast I can run when chased. Besides I'm tripping Alan if we see a bear. Are you sure that it isn't a possibility of beer encounters instead?

I would never satisfy the appetite of even a cub, so all that would do is give you maybe .... 5 seconds? Tongue

Thats all I would need for Rich to run out of steam.

Partner jammer

Jun 7, 2008, 12:33 AM
Post #203 of 507 (6873 views)
Shortcut

Re: Ruckus Photography? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Just two more weeks and it's Rumney Ruckus! YES!! I am getting excited, not only to climb with a bunch of great climbers, but also to see new and old friends! Each year it has been getting better and I am sure that this year will fall suit. I am glad that the crag is now open and that it is raining, which will assist nature in strengthening the grounds. Yet, we all will need to be careful as we hike to our favorite areas. NEClimbs has great updates and warnings for what to watch for in which section of the mountains, so please, check it out.

See you all soon!!

Alan

PS ... poor Rich ...

c4c

Jun 7, 2008, 12:54 AM
Post #204 of 507 (6869 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Partner jammer

Jun 7, 2008, 4:40 AM
Post #205 of 507 (6859 views)
Shortcut

Re: [c4c] Ruckus Photography? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

It's nice to see that you are always thinking of us! Laugh

note to self ... stay tethered to Todd ... Wink

Partner epoch

Jun 7, 2008, 4:48 AM
Post #206 of 507 (6857 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Remember kids:

You don't have to be the fastest. You only need to be faster than the guy behind you.

Partner jammer

Jun 7, 2008, 1:30 PM
Post #207 of 507 (6835 views)
Shortcut

Re:Last word on fire damage [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I just wanted to add this one bit of information. The WMNF has warned climbers to beware of the draws that had been set as pre-hung on routes that had been exposed to the heat of the fire, also the ropes used as safety lines and getting from the Hinterlands up to the Crows Nest/Jimmy cliff area. Here is a link to the latest Rumney PDF report from the White Mountain National Forest. http://www.fs.fed.us/..._mountain/rumney.pdf

Let's be very careful as we have a great time!

c4c

Jun 8, 2008, 12:40 AM
Post #208 of 507 (6814 views)
Shortcut

Re: [jammer] Re:Last word on fire damage [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

jammer wrote:
I just wanted to add this one bit of information. The WMNF has warned climbers to beware of the draws that had been set as pre-hung on routes that had been exposed to the heat of the fire, also the ropes used as safety lines and getting from the Hinterlands up to the Crows Nest/Jimmy cliff area. Here is a link to the latest Rumney PDF report from the White Mountain National Forest. http://www.fs.fed.us/..._mountain/rumney.pdf

True. If one of us died it would totally ruin the weekend.

GeneralBenson

Jun 8, 2008, 2:43 AM
Post #209 of 507 (6811 views)
Shortcut

Re: [c4c] Re:Last word on fire damage [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

c4c wrote:
jammer wrote:

True. If one of us died it would totally ruin the weekend.

I second that. Anyone who dies is not invited next year.

notch

Jun 8, 2008, 2:19 PM
Post #210 of 507 (6799 views)
Shortcut

Re: [GeneralBenson] Re:Last word on fire damage [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I am Tard Friday. Am going for to climb with the gears placed in rock. Hoping for seeing Rich, Todd, Bill(?), etc.

Can we start a list of Trad Friday attendees?

Partner pharmboy

Jun 8, 2008, 4:05 PM
Post #211 of 507 (6792 views)
Shortcut

Re: [notch] Re:Last word on fire damage [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

notch wrote:
I am Tard Friday. Am going for to climb with the gears placed in rock. Hoping for seeing Rich, Todd, Bill(?), etc.

Can we start a list of Trad Friday attendees?

Sweet Matt!!!! Looks like Todd and I are heading up to Rumney Thursday Night. Let's plan some of that gear placed in rock climbing for tard-day. Check out the info about Crawford Notch. Are you bringing the Mrs. and lil notch?

c4c

Jun 8, 2008, 6:43 PM
Post #212 of 507 (6786 views)
Shortcut

Re: [pharmboy] Re:Last word on fire damage [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I'm going to try and do Catharsis on poko slab this week in preperation for tarday. Need to get my slab head on. Wink that will be my excuse.

GeneralBenson

Jun 8, 2008, 9:27 PM
Post #213 of 507 (6778 views)
Shortcut

Re: [c4c] Re:Last word on fire damage [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I am absolutely in for Turd Furguson-day, and the lost in the sun route sounds stellar. Also, I have lots of time off and can get up there (or anywhere else) as early as wednesday, if anyone is interested?

Also, we should get a list going of where everyone is coming from, so see if we can carpool more and keep down excesive single drivers. I'm coming from CT area, and am happy to pick people up along the way and shar expenses.

Partner epoch

Jun 9, 2008, 2:20 AM
Post #214 of 507 (6756 views)
Shortcut

Re: [GeneralBenson] Re:Last word on fire damage [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

It looks as if my chances for Tard Farday are about 30%. It all depends on C's schedule, and it's looking towards us leaving from lil' town Maine earrrrrrrrrrly Saturday. However, I do have a nice list for both me and C to work on at Rumney.

I hope this heat wave doesn't last.

Partner epoch

Jun 9, 2008, 2:47 AM
Post #215 of 507 (6753 views)
Shortcut

Re: [jammer] Rumney Ruckus 08 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Friday, Jun 20 RAIN
High: 73 °F

Saturday, Jun 21 MOSTLY SUNNY
High: 78 °F

Sunday, Jun 22 PARTLY SUNNY

Lows in the 50's

We'll have to see what they say in a few days...

jakedatc

Jun 9, 2008, 3:00 AM
Post #216 of 507 (6751 views)
Shortcut

Re: [epoch] Rumney Ruckus 08 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Al, I was at Hinterlands today.. i saw no effect from the fire and the fixed lines were bomber. Trails around Bonsai, Monsters, probably Jimmy, main and orange crush should be used with caution since there's downed trees and burned up ground layers around so it may not be as stable as usual. mostly though the trails were ok it was more the ground around them that was burned. be aware of things falling off tops of cliffs. It was windy yeseterday afternoon and a chunk of wood crashed onto our packs at meadows.. luckily it made some noise and we ran away before it came down.

Josh and tiff will have pictures of some of the fire damage eventually but probably not in this thread.

Partner pharmboy

Jun 9, 2008, 4:41 PM
Post #217 of 507 (6708 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

epoch wrote:
Friday, Jun 20 RAIN

Perfect... Notch prefers leading slab routes in the rain. He actually is at his best when things get really greasy! He might even be tempted to put on his climbing shoes if leading in the rain, though he's likely to go barefoot and just use his big toes as leverage.

Looks like we have the following attendees for Tard day fun in the sun (or rain)

Moi (Rich/Pharmboy... overweight cry-baby)
Matt (Notch)
Todd (C4C)
General Benson
Jammer...maybe
Epoch...maybe

Partner epoch

Jun 9, 2008, 5:36 PM
Post #218 of 507 (6694 views)
Shortcut

Re: [pharmboy] Rumney Ruckus 08 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Regardless of what people may say, I'm still bringing Tard Gearz with me for the weekend. I have heard of/seen in various RDBs that there are lines for gearz. If anything, it will allow me to bypass the gumby gymbos on teh 5.easy routes. As much as I love climbing, I hate waiting to climb outside.

Partner cracklover

Jun 9, 2008, 5:48 PM
Post #219 of 507 (6690 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

epoch wrote:
Regardless of what people may say, I'm still bringing Tard Gearz with me for the weekend. I have heard of/seen in various RDBs that there are lines for gearz. If anything, it will allow me to bypass the gumby gymbos on teh 5.easy routes. As much as I love climbing, I hate waiting to climb outside.

I've been on a few. Best of the bunch is called A 5.8 Crack By the Road. Believe it or not, it goes at 5.7.

GO

jakedatc

Jun 9, 2008, 5:57 PM
Post #220 of 507 (6685 views)
Shortcut

Re: [cracklover] Rumney Ruckus 08 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Gabe he might also be interested in That Crack .10a up at Waimea. Lee from Vertical Dreams seems to like it. tho the "gear to 4" " means you gotta carry some bigger cams up to waimea. also Blackjack Crack down in the boulders is another good .10 that gets good reviews. (and it's nice and cold down there)

GeneralBenson

Jun 9, 2008, 5:59 PM
Post #221 of 507 (6685 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

epoch wrote:

I will probably brung my tard gearz for most climbs at rumney. Most fikzed gears are running out. Extra gears help me feel safety.

Partner epoch

Jun 9, 2008, 6:03 PM
Post #222 of 507 (6683 views)
Shortcut

Re: [jakedatc] Rumney Ruckus 08 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

jakedatc wrote:
Gabe he might also be interested in That Crack .10a up at Waimea. Lee from Vertical Dreams seems to like it. tho the "gear to 4" " means you gotta carry some bigger cams up to waimea. also Blackjack Crack down in the boulders is another good .10 that gets good reviews. (and it's nice and cold down there)

I haz doubles to C4 #3 and up to #6 w/ a big bro that covers the #4 - 5 range, remember teh Gunks where I was bitchy, Jake? The biggins will be present.

Partner epoch

Jun 9, 2008, 6:05 PM
Post #223 of 507 (6682 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

epoch wrote:
jakedatc wrote:

I haz doubles to C4 #3 and up to #6 w/ a big bro that covers the #4 - 5 range, remember teh Gunks where I was bitchy, Jake? The biggins will be present.
Logistics aside, I don't want to leave C stranded while I crank something she can't climb - she's somewhat new and will be on the recovery from an Ulner nerve injury.

Though, I'd like to get on something difficult.

jakedatc

Jun 9, 2008, 6:11 PM
Post #224 of 507 (6679 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Well.. Waimea is a good rest spot because there are tons of hard routes to watch people fling themselves onto and then off of. It is also very close to Upper Vader which has a bunch of moderates.. jimmy cliff which has lots of moderates.. about 5-6 which aren't even in the book.

if you have the book or when you finally see one you'll see that most walls have a decent mix of easy and hard.

i'm sure the approach will not phase you mr mt fuji sherpa man.

Partner epoch

Jun 9, 2008, 6:32 PM
Post #225 of 507 (6673 views)
Shortcut

Re: [jakedatc] Rumney Ruckus 08 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

jakedatc wrote:
Well.. Waimea is a good rest spot because there are tons of hard routes to watch people fling themselves onto and then off of. It is also very close to Upper Vader which has a bunch of moderates.. jimmy cliff which has lots of moderates.. about 5-6 which aren't even in the book.

if you have the book or when you finally see one you'll see that most walls have a decent mix of easy and hard.

i'm sure the approach will not phase you mr mt fuji sherpa man.

Considering that I'll gladly hike 1 - 3 miles to be away from people while loaded with a gearz, this park-and-go weekend will be nice. If people complain on a less-than 1/8 mile approach then they belong in the gym.

Then again, here I am talking shit when I don't know what I'm talking about at rumney.

First page Previous page 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 21 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Climbing Information : Events & Gatherings

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook