Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next page Last page  View All

jeffers_mz

Aug 22, 2003, 11:16 PM
Post #26 of 237 (10597 views)
Shortcut

Re: RMNP Gathering [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

A friend and I flew out and did Kelso Ridge one day and Boulder Canyon the next. The tub jets were broken and the trees blocked the view, but the water was extremely hot and it felt magnificent. Looks like this place might have a view.

cologman

Aug 22, 2003, 11:59 PM
Post #27 of 237 (10597 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

This is starting to sound far to civilized. I can see it now, after 3 hrs. soaking in the tub swillin hops and talking grand about the next days rtes. Only to go out the next day and stuff your hand in a crack and have it tenderized from all the time in the tub. :wink:

jeffers_mz

Aug 23, 2003, 10:48 PM
Post #28 of 237 (10597 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Man....

I thought old guys were 'sposed to be tough.

Whatever happened to "tub all night, climb all day"?

Long as you don't leave enough meat in the crack to make a sandwich, it's all good, right?

:-)

atg200

Aug 25, 2003, 2:07 AM
Post #29 of 237 (10597 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

making a rmnp tick list for late september is a fools game. if the weather is good, which i am as likely to bet on as the detroit lions chances for a super bowl this year, i would be interested in something on sharkstooth. i will lead every pitch, so i could drag someone up if they belay and hike well. otherwise, lumpy ridge for me.

jeffers_mz

Aug 27, 2003, 4:12 AM
Post #30 of 237 (10597 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Alferd beat the rap, the jury said he was an opportunist as opposed to a murderer.

Speaking of grub, you going to hook us up with a big pot-o-chili? Spaghetti?

deleted
Deleted

Aug 27, 2003, 2:20 PM
Post #31 of 237 (10597 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

androo -- howsabout a nice nailing route on the right side of the diamond, perhaps the day before the gathering (weather permitting, of course)?

and, jeffers ... had you been able to attend the leadville gathering at my house in july, you'd know the thing we need to ask of martha is to whip up another batch of her famously delicious [b:36cd7e6fff]fish tacos[/b:36cd7e6fff]. whaddaya say, martha? i'll spring for the groceries.

atg200

Aug 27, 2003, 5:11 PM
Post #32 of 237 (10597 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

geo - i'm still licking my wounds from carrying that much crap up there last year. i would definitely be in to it, but we either need a sherpa or you'll have to load up with enough crap to slow down to my snaillike pace up the trail. what are you thinking - dunn westbay, christoper robin, waterhole, or something like that? i should be able to get a day or two off work no problem.

deleted
Deleted

Aug 27, 2003, 7:28 PM
Post #33 of 237 (10597 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

andrew --

forget the sherpa -- the airfare would be prohibitive. however, i guarantee you THIS squatty-body will be able to haul whatever we need.

how about dunn-westbay?

wigglestick

Aug 27, 2003, 7:34 PM
Post #34 of 237 (10597 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Andrew, I had almost completly blocked that experience from my memory. Thanks for making me remember before I decided to do something that stupid again. But I have seen geos thighs and they are easily twice the size of mine so therefore he should be able to carry twice as much. So load him up with 200 lbs of gear and hang on.

deleted
Deleted

Aug 27, 2003, 7:48 PM
Post #35 of 237 (10597 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

wiggie (you hosebag), okay ... OUT with it. WHAT experience?

oh, and, about the thighs ... they're rented. you can get some too!

flamer

Aug 27, 2003, 8:50 PM
Post #36 of 237 (10597 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Oh boys! Need I point out that the Dunn- Westbay is no longer a nailing route?? This route went clean like 6 years ago....NO NAILING---unless Geo is looking at those Big horns again...
And By the way....I think the 3 of us should try for the first clean of Christopher Robin....grin...
josh

atg200

Aug 27, 2003, 9:17 PM
Post #37 of 237 (10597 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I'm down for whatever. I know Dunn Westbay is clean and am psyched for that. I have been wanting to do the first clean on Christopher Robin for quite awhile as well, so that would also be good. I wouldn't mind nailing the hell out of something else either. I figure if both geo and flamer go, I wouldn't have to carry anything at all on the approach so I could dispense with oxygen. If Wigglestick is in too we could do two routes next to each other and see who takes the most whippers on their route. What do you boys think?

atg200

Aug 27, 2003, 10:58 PM
Post #38 of 237 (10599 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

if you don't beat us to the top by at least a day, y'all are having problems martha.

deleted
Deleted

Aug 28, 2003, 4:01 AM
Post #39 of 237 (10599 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

[quote:01594a6da2="flamer"]Oh boys! Need I point out that the Dunn- Westbay is no longer a nailing route?? This route went clean like 6 years ago....NO NAILING[/quote:01594a6da2]

yeah, yeah, whatEVER! i have a bag-full of chouinard bongs and i'm on a mission to start a new trend: retro-aiding all the free lines.

let's nail our way up the casualty route!

jeffers_mz

Aug 28, 2003, 8:10 AM
Post #40 of 237 (10599 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Mtngeo,

Fish tacos, huh?

(I'm getting a persistant image of a trout with a taco shell wrapped around it, eyes, flapping tail and all.)

I'm not real big on seafood, but I'll try anything once. I have a thing for anything with tomato sauce in it though and will assist in stirring, opening cans, and turning on and off burners if directed by someone with real cooking skill.

Martha,

I was seduced by Roach's description of Kieners as "perhaps the finest mountaineering route in Colorado" when I first picked up my now dogeared copy of Colorado 14ers, but like we talked about, conditions would have to be pretty good to take a shot at it. I've been looking at what everybody else wants to climb and the Sharks Fin, some of the routes on Hallet's, McHenry's over to Arrowhead, the Cables Route and Lumpy all look like something a 5.8 (with an updraft) flatlander might have a chance at succeeding on. This seems to be a pretty elite group forming here, and if it looks like I'll just slow everyone down, I'm sure I can find something fun to do while you all go sailing up 12's and 13's. All my Colorado climbing to date has been solo and I'm really just looking to hook up with some good people and enjoy the mountains. Whatever works out is fine with me.

Like ATG said, I think it's all going to come down to weather and it'd be smoother if we had several plans ready to go and end up picking the best that conditions will allow. I remember a really gorgeous afternoon in late September after a snowstorm chased me off the summit of Wetterhorn, and another pretty day all day long on Redcloud that led to four hours on top talking to a guy who looked a lot like Osama bin Laden but turned out to be one of the kewlest climbers I've met to date with hours of stories about climbing back in the day with Beckey and Twight and others in Seattle and Yos and Alaska. Both of those were in late September so who knows, we might get lucky with no wind, sunny and even break into the 60's in the afternoon.

If things did work out good with the weather, it'd be nice to time it so we all got near the top at the same time. Seems to me there ought to be some really nice big air pix from the top of Kieners, if there were also some climbers up high on the Diamond to give a sense of scale to the drop and the terrain below. I've seen lots of pictures of the Diamond, but never one from the apex looking straight down.

skibabeage
Deleted

Aug 28, 2003, 12:33 PM
Post #41 of 237 (10599 views)
Shortcut

Post deleted by Administrator [In reply to]
Report this Post

deleted
Deleted

Aug 28, 2003, 2:22 PM
Post #42 of 237 (10599 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

jeffers --

elite? HA!

as i'm fond of saying, "i'm the best of the really crappy climbers!" so hitch up yer git'along and git yer @ss over here.

fish tacos [b:1d401cb5e3]rock[/b:1d401cb5e3]!

wigglestick

Aug 28, 2003, 2:54 PM
Post #43 of 237 (10599 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I am not positive that I can make it to this thing yet. I just got laid off from my job yesterday so my entire life is in chaos right now. On one hand that is good for climbing but on the other hand I might say fuck the world and take off for the desert or something between now and then. Although doing the first clean ascent of CR would be cool. That is what atg and I wanted to do last summer. But if we haul aid gear up there I would just like to point out that I am the one with the skinny sport climber physique and the three of you are built like pack mules so I expect you to carry all my stuff :D There I said it.

deleted
Deleted

Aug 28, 2003, 4:00 PM
Post #44 of 237 (10599 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

wiggie (you hosebag) --

dude, i'm really sorry to hear about the layoff. on the other hand ... "schtupp"? nice yiddish reference.

by the way -- if you want to cure yourself of that gangly -- and, may i say, disgusting -- sport climber's body of yours, take up mountaineering, heavy weights, protein shakes, and guinness. works every time!

deleted
Deleted

Aug 28, 2003, 4:10 PM
Post #45 of 237 (10599 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

oh, sorry ... i just got it. "schtupp" is a word in the censoring program.

i didn't mean to bestow any undue praise upon you, wiggie (you hosebag).

atg200

Aug 28, 2003, 4:29 PM
Post #46 of 237 (10599 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

lets be clear on this - geo and flamer are built like pack mules, and i am built more like tracy's bizarre sheepdog. i'm mostly useful for counterweighting the bag while hauling.

Partner calamity_chk

Aug 28, 2003, 4:48 PM
Post #47 of 237 (10599 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
yeah, yeah, whatEVER! i have a bag-full of chouinard bongs and i'm on a mission to start a new trend: retro-aiding all the free lines.

let's nail our way up the casualty route!

hahaha

geo .. you are officially my new hero!!

flamer

Aug 28, 2003, 4:48 PM
Post #48 of 237 (10599 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey Geo, It seem as if everyone is making reference to the fact that we had to wear "husky" pants as children, again!
Wiggle, Dude! If you aren't working why aren't we climbing?? I promise not to increase the length of your lead falls anymore :)
Andrew, I would not suggest to anyone that you look like Tracy's dog- especially when Geo is around, I saw how he was eyeing the poor mutt.
josh

deleted
Deleted

Aug 28, 2003, 6:59 PM
Post #49 of 237 (10599 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

[quote:bf1b58e9ce="flamer"]Andrew, I would not suggest to anyone that you look like Tracy's dog- especially when Geo is around, I saw how he was eyeing the poor mutt.[/quote:bf1b58e9ce]

hey, she told me she was eighteen! :lol:

mother_sheep

Aug 28, 2003, 7:20 PM
Post #50 of 237 (10869 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
Andrew, I would not suggest to anyone that you look like Tracy's dog- especially when Geo is around, I saw how he was eyeing the poor mutt.

hey, she told me she was eighteen! :lol:

That still didn't give you the right to touch her like you touch your Wolfgang poster. :wink:

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Climbing Information : Events & Gatherings

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook