Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 Next page Last page  View All

shorty

Oct 27, 2003, 7:18 PM
Post #51 of 110 (5612 views)
Shortcut

Re: Skibby's Colorado Birthday Bash [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

In reply to:
you people are gonna' be singing a different tune and picking splinters when i finally unlimber the timber.
I have heard people state that splinters from small wooden objects -- similar to toothpicks -- can be quite painful.

sandbag

Oct 27, 2003, 7:22 PM
Post #52 of 110 (5612 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Im in Geo,
I drove past Copper and Abasin and Loveland on Friday, Loveland is hands down closest to having any skiable snow, the Copper Bunch got it up at the top, but nothing at the bottom, and A basin is woefully behind in the whole snowmaking process.
I say bully yo skiing, its not any fun without snow, but Ill trudge up to Skibs and hang with all ya'll again, and i wont bring my invisible drinking buddy either. We can always decide to slog up a trail or two and find respite at the club Skib to get some good R&R
Im in no matter what.

shorty

Oct 27, 2003, 7:38 PM
Post #53 of 110 (5612 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
1. there's not gonna' be enough quality snow to slide upon, so we might as well throw that idea in the round file.

2. nobody wants to put up with shorty's whining about the cold all weekend.
#1 For those of us who have bashed slalom gates long enough to remember when they were made of bamboo rather than plastic, the definition of "quality snow" does include "granular man-made semi-frozen death cookies barely thick enough to cover scree slopes". If the Copper is open, I'll probably be there.

#2 Correct-o-mundo. Me no likey cold pinkies grabbing rock. However, bring on the arctic front if the paws are grabbin' a ski pole. Good snow is cold snow.

Yes, I can be a fair weather rock climber, but a least I don't run cowering to the nearest car, sniveling like a whipped mama's boy, when the first thundercloud appears. Bite me, O-great-one-who-wears-Depends-in-rain-storms.

deleted
Deleted

Oct 27, 2003, 8:15 PM
Post #54 of 110 (5612 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

[quote:241d9e5ebb="shorty"]Yes, I can be a fair weather rock climber, but a least I don't run cowering to the nearest car, sniveling like a whipped mama's boy, when the first thundercloud appears. Bite me, O-great-one-who-wears-Depends-in-rain-storms.[/quote:241d9e5ebb]

yeah, yeah, yeah, ... what[i:241d9e5ebb]ever[/i:241d9e5ebb].

if [i:241d9e5ebb]you[/i:241d9e5ebb] were half as conductive as my 200 pounds of solid steel and sex appeal, you'd be hustling to get [i:241d9e5ebb]your [/i:241d9e5ebb]metal rod under some cover, too. :wink:

just_me

Oct 27, 2003, 9:33 PM
Post #55 of 110 (5612 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Skibby,

Count me in for the weekend. I’ll definitely bring my hiking shoes. I want to get out and enjoy the high country.

If you want, I can volunteer to bring my Italian espresso maker! I make killer espresso, lattes, Americanos, etc. This will let me practice up for my future career as a Starbuck’s barista. If I don’t get a real job soon, I’ll be the one asking you if you would like extra foam on that.

I call space in a “quiet” room. Being unemployed, I have grown accustomed to having at least 8 to 10 hours of sleep each night. I won’t be up late drinking.

deleted
Deleted

Oct 27, 2003, 10:15 PM
Post #56 of 110 (5612 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

[quote:bd8b16d45c="just_me"]This will let me practice up for my future career as a Starbuck’s barista. If I don’t get a real job soon, I’ll be the one asking you if you would like extra foam on that.[/quote:bd8b16d45c]

yeah, but how many starbucks latte jerks have electrical engineering degrees? you'll be the only one who can dismantle the thing, troubleshoot the electronics, and get it done in time for the next order.

don't fixate on that strabucks job, though. i mean, it's fine to shoot for the stars ... but you might want to read the manual for a fry-o-lator as well, 'cause you never know! :lol:

sandbag

Oct 27, 2003, 11:08 PM
Post #57 of 110 (5612 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
I call space in a “quiet” room. Being unemployed, I have grown accustomed to having at least 8 to 10 hours of sleep each night. I won’t be up late drinking.

wait, isnt that the reverse corollary????? Shouldnt you be out partying and asuaging the doldrums of depression by quaffing a few pints and trapsing around merrily into the wee hours consorting with all types of lascivious characters( Save Geo, we know hes a straight upstanding fellow :roll: )

Cmon live a little, we can have a few drinks, eat some great food, and just have a good ol fashioned suaree!

I also think since its Skibby's bday, we should do the cooking so she can just sit back and take it all in and relax.
:wink:

climbinganne

Oct 27, 2003, 11:43 PM
Post #58 of 110 (5612 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:

wait, isnt that the reverse corollary????? Shouldnt you be out partying and asuaging the doldrums of depression by quaffing a few pints and trapsing around merrily into the wee hours consorting with all types of lascivious characters( Save Geo, we know hes a straight upstanding fellow :roll: )

Cmon live a little, we can have a few drinks, eat some great food, and just have a good ol fashioned suaree!

I also think since its Skibby's bday, we should do the cooking so she can just sit back and take it all in and relax.
:wink:

my birthday is august 21st

just_me

Oct 28, 2003, 12:06 AM
Post #59 of 110 (5612 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

“Assuaging the doldrums of depression”

Who are you kidding? I am anything but depressed. I have been having a great time during my unemployment. I am having way too much fun and accomplishing too many things to even think about getting depressed.

“C’mon live a little, we can have a few drinks”

Actually, I do live and more than just a little. I just choose to live without alcohol (and other mind altering substances). I am not opposed to having a good time. I don’t even mind staying up late to “party”. However, the later the party goes, the more inebriated most people tend to get. Believe it or not, drunks are not very entertaining to sober people. I’d be very happy to stay up late to talk and goof off as long as there are other sober people to talk to. Otherwise, I am going to bed!

I really have no problems with other people drinking and such. It is just not for me. You may unwind with a drink or two and that may be fine for you. However, approximately 10% of the population are alcoholics (or have alcoholic tendencies). PLEASE think twice before you “push” drinking on others. One casual drink can have devastating effects on the wrong person. :(

Besides, just think of all the money I save by not drinking. People often wonder how I can afford the gear, travel, a car, etc, when I have been unemployed for 2+ years. Rule #1; don’t blow tons of money drinking!

I do agree that we should take care of Martha this weekend. I saw we make her pull couch duty :!:

timstich

Oct 28, 2003, 12:12 AM
Post #60 of 110 (5612 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

A'ight, so whose gonna send directions out to those of us, me included, who don't know where Martha's crib is? Thanks in advance.

-Tim

sandbag

Oct 28, 2003, 1:36 AM
Post #61 of 110 (5613 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
“Assuaging the doldrums of depression”

Who are you kidding? I am anything but depressed. I have been having a great time during my unemployment. I am having way too much fun and accomplishing too many things to even think about getting depressed.

“C’mon live a little, we can have a few drinks”

Actually, I do live and more than just a little. I just choose to live without alcohol (and other mind altering substances). I am not opposed to having a good time. I don’t even mind staying up late to “party”. However, the later the party goes, the more inebriated most people tend to get. Believe it or not, drunks are not very entertaining to sober people. I’d be very happy to stay up late to talk and goof off as long as there are other sober people to talk to. Otherwise, I am going to bed!

I really have no problems with other people drinking and such. It is just not for me. You may unwind with a drink or two and that may be fine for you. However, approximately 10% of the population are alcoholics (or have alcoholic tendencies). PLEASE think twice before you “push” drinking on others. One casual drink can have devastating effects on the wrong person. :(

Besides, just think of all the money I save by not drinking. People often wonder how I can afford the gear, travel, a car, etc, when I have been unemployed for 2+ years. Rule #1; don’t blow tons of money drinking!

I do agree that we should take care of Martha this weekend. I saw we make her pull couch duty :!:

Whew, i was really planting my tounge firmly into my cheek with most of that, Im not here to tie people up and force cirrhosis on anyone, i was just being facetious and funny. Im sorry i pushed the wrong buttons.
But,
Lets definitely keep the forward momentum of cooking for Skibby and planning on allowing her to do nothing but be. Deal? Capesce?

just_me

Oct 28, 2003, 2:34 AM
Post #62 of 110 (5613 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Sorry if I sounded harsh. I apologize if you felt personally attacked. However, you have to admit that many of the Colorado Climbing gatherings have tended to be a lot of drinking and very little climbing. For those of us who don’t get drunk, this scenario gets very old.

I also get tried of being called a stick in the mud for not drinking. I have my reasons. I am just hoping this event does not turn into another drunken weekend. If it does, I’m simply going to bed, not because I run with the “geriatric” crowd, but because I prefer sleeping over hanging out with drunks.

Sorry for putting a damper on this thread. I just get tired of being told to lighten and have a drink. There are just so many other ways to enjoy life, and each others company.

skibabeage
Deleted

Oct 28, 2003, 3:35 AM
Post #63 of 110 (5613 views)
Shortcut

Post deleted by Administrator [In reply to]
Report this Post

deleted
Deleted

Oct 28, 2003, 3:40 AM
Post #64 of 110 (5613 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

[trolling] fran is an old fogey ... fran is an old fogeyyyyyyy![/trolling] :lol: :lol:

reno

Oct 28, 2003, 3:53 AM
Post #65 of 110 (5613 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
[trolling] fran is an old fogey ... fran is an old fogeyyyyyyy![/trolling] :lol: :lol:

Fran, you hereby have my permission to put a world class whopping on the Mr. Clean wanna-be.

Geo, as much as I love ya, bro (and I do, in a guy-sorta-way,) if it comes to an butt whopping contest, I'm putting my money on Fran. Sorry bubba, but bidness is bidness.

deleted
Deleted

Oct 28, 2003, 3:57 AM
Post #66 of 110 (5613 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

awwwright, jeff ... what the hell is a butt "whopping"? are you saying these pants make my @ss look big? :cry:

sandbag

Oct 28, 2003, 4:00 AM
Post #67 of 110 (5613 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

My Name is Jason, And im not a drunk, nor even have tendencies to become one......my taste is too expensive, just ask Geo....
Its cool Fran, I never indicated nor intended to imply that youre a stick in the Mud or anything. Lets bury this rusty hatchet(not in my head please) and commence with the festoonery and have a mellow evening of hanging out. Im working Sunday morning so i was not planning on trying the Dean Martin jumpstart my liver with 150proof regime. I can relate, trust me, ive lived with(not for long mind you) raging drinkers and i understand and am completely aware of your presentation. Onward and upward to Tabernash....
Hey Skibs, Do you know the Davis' Family?

sandbag

Oct 28, 2003, 4:03 AM
Post #68 of 110 (5613 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

And hey wait a minute, what the hell happened to the strip scrabble anyway? :shock:

skibabeage
Deleted

Oct 28, 2003, 4:06 AM
Post #69 of 110 (5613 views)
Shortcut

Post deleted by Administrator [In reply to]
Report this Post

deleted
Deleted

Oct 28, 2003, 4:07 AM
Post #70 of 110 (5613 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

"butt whopping"? "festoonery"?

[i:89369f6781]damn[/i:89369f6781]! you people are gonna' be some cheatin' b*stards at scrabble, ain't 'cha?

reno

Oct 28, 2003, 4:14 AM
Post #71 of 110 (5613 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
awwwright, jeff ... what the hell is a butt "whopping"? are you saying these pants make my @ss look big? :cry:

Sheesh... ONE freaking typo in 300+ posts.

Reminds me of a joke about a Scottish Highlander and a sheep. ;)

deleted
Deleted

Oct 28, 2003, 4:16 AM
Post #72 of 110 (5613 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

sandbag

Oct 28, 2003, 4:23 AM
Post #73 of 110 (5615 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey Geo

In reply to:
"butt whopping"? "festoonery"?

damn! you people are gonna' be some cheatin' b*stards at scrabble, ain't 'cha?

One entry found for festoonery.

Main Entry: fes·toon·ery
Pronunciation: fes-'tü-n&-rE
Function: noun
Date: 1836
: an arrangement of festoons

BITE ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

reno

Oct 28, 2003, 4:37 AM
Post #74 of 110 (5615 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
skibby and i just spoke on the phone and agreed on a couple of things:

1. there's not gonna' be enough quality snow to slide upon, so we might as well throw that idea in the round file.

Just thought I'd toss this out for consideration:

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/weather/2585285/detail.html

Being a COFNG (Colorado F-n' New Guy,) I don't know anything about skiing there, but I thought y'all might want to know.

Have fun without me.... and be good.

Or at least be good at being bad.

timstich

Oct 28, 2003, 5:19 AM
Post #75 of 110 (5615 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

So Jeff, why don't you post your work schedule for everyone so we know when we can all hang with you? I have obviously already forgotten due to the early onset of senility.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Climbing Information : Events & Gatherings

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook