RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Gear Heads

Premier Sponsor:

10ftdrp

Jul 25, 2004, 3:24 PM
Post #1 of 4 (2009 views)
Shortcut

Time for new shoes...
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

i no this has probably been coverd but i searchd and i couldnt find it. so anyway at the moment i have a pair of beat up five ten summits that are falling apart. i want stealth rubber but i really dont want to shell out that much cash on a pair of crappy shoes. and for those of you that would say other rubber is better i really dont care i want stealth.
so getting to the point i know i want slippers or velcro made by five ten and that narrows my search down but that leaves the moccasyms, anasazi slippers, and x-rays.
i was wondering if anyone has had experience with these shoes and which ones are best for bouldering and some mild sport climbing. thanks!
~Luc

thejew

Jul 25, 2004, 3:53 PM
Post #2 of 4 (2009 views)
Shortcut

Re: Time for new shoes... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

i have owned the anasazi slip ons, which happen to be amazing shoes for indoor climbing, and bouldering. since they are synthetic they arent going to stretch, but being slip ons, you can easily take them off after a problem. they are great for bouldering, and i would advise owning them as a second shoe. if you would like to do some outdoor bouldering too, i would go with the madrock loco. they are amazinf for bouldering, because they are equppped with the underturned toe and heel.
hope i was able to help you out.

- the jew

nevenneve

Jul 25, 2004, 11:15 PM
Post #3 of 4 (2009 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I was recently given this advise on my Moccasyms. You bought the wrong shoes if you want them to climb the route for you. If you can heel hook barefoot you probably understand why you see 5.14 sends with these in 5.10 ads. As opposed to mad rocks skid pad of a heel. Try all three shoes on and see which is going to fit your style of climbing.

overlord

Jul 26, 2004, 5:59 AM
Post #4 of 4 (2009 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

anasazi velcros.

Forums : Climbing Information : Gear Heads

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook