Premier Sponsor:

*thriller*
Deleted

Dec 21, 2004, 3:13 PM
Post #1 of 3 (2372 views)
Shortcut

Laredo, Texas
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Hey all,

Disclaimer - not completely climbing-related, but half the posts on here aren't anyways, so what the hell.

My girlfriend and I are heading to Potrero Chico over New Years to do some climbing since it's a little chilly up here in Toronto (-24C here yesterday), and we're flying through Laredo to save some cash. Well our flight home leaves laredo on the morning of January 8th, so we're heading back to Texas on the 7th to make sure we aren't late for our flight. So now we need somewhere to stay the night of the 7th. We're thinking motel, but wanting to do things as cheaply as possible. Does anyone out there know of a cheap, but not scuzzy, place to stay in Laredo, or somewhere we can throw down our sleeping bags and not get hassled until morning (I noticed on a map that there's a country club just outside the airport - any secluded areas we could set up without being noticed...) The airport is at the edge of town (as it appears on the map) so I thought there might be some green space to sleep on possibly for free. Any thoughts???

Ian

saltamonte

Dec 28, 2004, 3:16 PM
Post #2 of 3 (2372 views)
Shortcut

Re: Laredo, Texas [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

there is a state park across the street from the airport there is a small charge to get in I don't know how late you can get in and I don't remember if they are set up for camping if you are willing to take a risk yes there are areas you could try to camp such as a small road to the right (south) of the park entrance. but hopefully the park does camping,

I don't know your plans from the airport but be aware you can't take a rental car across the border. Check to see if there are any buses or shuttles that run from the airport to the bus station. (a taxi will be more expensive) Good luck

saltamonte

Dec 28, 2004, 3:28 PM
Post #3 of 3 (2372 views)
Shortcut

Re: Laredo, Texas [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

there is a state park across the street from the airport there is a small charge to get in I don't know how late you can get in and I don't remember if they are set up for camping if you are willing to take a risk yes there are areas you could try to camp such as a small road to the right (south) of the park entrance. but hopefully the park does camping,

I don't know your plans from the airport but be aware you can't take a rental car across the border. Check to see if there are any buses or shuttles that run from the airport to the bus station. (a taxi will be more expensive) Good luck

Forums : Climbing Information : General

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook