RSS FeedRSS Feeds for General

Premier Sponsor:

jt512

Jun 6, 2003, 8:21 PM
Post #1 of 7 (1709 views)
Shortcut

$10 off National Park Pass at REI.com
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

REI.com is selling National Park Passes for $39.99. They're normally $50.

-Jay

grigriese

Jun 6, 2003, 8:51 PM
Post #2 of 7 (1709 views)
Shortcut

Re: $10 off National Park Pass at REI.com [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

and don't forget if you get the Golden Eagle Hologram added to the National Park Pass you can use it in lieu of an Adventure Pass

http://66.92.57.43/pass_options.htm

aklor

Jun 6, 2003, 9:19 PM
Post #3 of 7 (1709 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

FYI if by some chance you're not an REI member it's the regular $50

drkodos

Jun 6, 2003, 9:24 PM
Post #4 of 7 (1709 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
FYI if by some chance you're not an REI member it's the regular $50

If by some chance?

Chance has nothing to do with it. I choose NOT to be a member for a lot of reasons.....

I stopped spending $$$ at REI over ten years ago. Same with all the "big box" retailers that push small businesses out.....

pico23

Jun 7, 2003, 4:32 AM
Post #5 of 7 (1709 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
I stopped spending $$$ at REI over ten years ago. Same with all the "big box" retailers that push small businesses out.....

On sort of the same lines I stopped going to national parks a few years ago (alright I went to J-Tree last year for a week but I didn't pay a cent so technically the boycot continues). They are expensive tourist traps, they're over crowded, over regulated (duh, with crowding comes regulation), over developed and overrated. The whole point of the national park is the put the wonder of natural America in a neat little package for those don't have the desire to do it right. National Parks are sort of like the convenience of McDonalds supervalue meal only less satisfying (and I hate McDonalds). Don't get me wrong there is some impressive stuff in National Parks and most can even be pretty cool in the offseasons, I just don't approve of the comercialization and revenue stealing that occurs in our overdeveloped national park system. My *personal* opinion is there is no worse fate (ok, an exageration) for a parcel of land then to be handed over the the NPS. I plead to congress to stop defacing our natural wonders, stop the creation of National Parks.

onelung

Jun 7, 2003, 6:37 AM
Post #6 of 7 (1709 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Lighten up Francis,
The thread is about a deal thru rei, Hey thanks for jtg for sharing the good word.
IF you wanna start a thread bitchin about NPS than nothing is stopping you.
I am in awe when I am in a NP. Yea I have looked up 2000ft of sandstone in Zion and have paused ...stunned at the base of ElCap. And you yang such BS about these parks just because they are run by Feds who we all know cannot run anything.

And I haven't eaten McD's in over 4 years.

Cheers Mate,
I am bill

tonyeatworld

Jun 7, 2003, 10:09 AM
Post #7 of 7 (1709 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Yes! Exactly the WHOLE point of National Parks is to put all of the beauty of the outdoors into one little neat drive-thru package for us to enjoy and so the forest service can just roll in the dough. That is exactly what they were thinking when they established these areas. If you can not tell I am being sarcastic, but of course you can tell because I am sure you have bothered to spend plenty of time learning about the history of US national parks. Also I totally agree with you there is no worse fate than land to be handed over NPS. Instead we should put all forests and land regions to work and chop down those damn trees and drill for oil. Oh and by the way, way to go with skipping out on park fees! You really showed "the man".

stupid hippie

sorry you may actually be a nice person but what you said came off as pretty high handed and rather ignorant in a time when the president is doing quite a bit to weaken federal regulations protecting the environment

once again stupid hippie

Forums : Climbing Information : General

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook