RSS FeedRSS Feeds for US - West Coast

Premier Sponsor:

evanmfreeman

Feb 26, 2006, 12:45 AM
Post #1 of 8 (1194 views)
Shortcut

this summer's road trip
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

ok, looking for partners for june and july.

i'll be leaving CO in my RV (that's right, car camping is a whole new world when you have Base Camp) around the first of june for a 2 month trip.

unlike past summers, this one will be pretty focussed on climbing a lot of quality stuff. i'm thinking about the sierras, needles, or alberta/bc. i'm also open to suggestions, but the main theme should be either 5.10-11 rock or pretty serious alpine routes.

so, who's game for joining me for all or part of this trip? i'm pretty motivated to find a partner for most of it, since i want it to be high-value.

bones

Mar 1, 2006, 8:04 PM
Post #2 of 8 (1194 views)
Shortcut

Re: this summer's road trip [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Evan, I'll almost certainly be available to climb for two weeks in June, maybe more if I don't take summer classes. I know it's only a small chunk of your trip, but I'd be great to climb with you again.

moabbeth

Mar 2, 2006, 5:35 AM
Post #3 of 8 (1194 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Evan!!! Long time no talk. We still need to tick off Bear Creek Spire. Remember when we got stormed off that 2 July's ago? I've been saving that climb for a reason. Well, that and I just didn't get around to it last summer :lol: .

Will be happy to hit anything in the Sierra/Tuolumne/Valley with ya. Drop me a PM when you're back out this way. Will be good to see ya again man. My mojo's back in force so I'll be happy to go as high volume as you want in the Sierra. Even got a schweet new 70M/9.2 rope just for this upcoming season up there (mmm....linking pitches 8^) ).

prezwoodz

Mar 4, 2006, 9:28 PM
Post #4 of 8 (1194 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

So heres my question. Are you looking for someone to bum around in the RV with you too? heh

I am looking to do a road trip from May-July and I have no idea where I am going to go. Winging it really. :) I am a pretty solid 5.10 climber (well in Alaska anyway and that don't mean much down there!) but I have not done any really big alpine climbs. I am looking at buying a van when I get down there and cruising around since I don't have a vehicle that will make it from AK to anywhere. :) Just thought I would throw myself out there, I'll be looking for partners as well.

spencerwinchester

Mar 4, 2006, 10:20 PM
Post #5 of 8 (1194 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey I'll be road trippin from May to July. Planning on starting in the moab area and finishing in the canadian rockies & bugaboo area with Ca. and Squamish in between. I would be especially interested in partering up for alpine in CA. and B.C. PM me

spencerwinchester

Mar 4, 2006, 10:22 PM
Post #6 of 8 (1194 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey I'll be road trippin from May to July. Planning on starting in the moab area and finishing in the canadian rockies & bugaboo area with Ca. and Squamish in between. I would be especially interested in partering up for alpine in CA. and B.C. PM me

jamming_man

Mar 5, 2006, 6:29 AM
Post #7 of 8 (1194 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey ... im right here in CA pm me if you end up coming through. I might head up to Vancouver BC during those months where the mountains are literally 15 minutes away. climb on...

evanmfreeman

Mar 8, 2006, 1:03 AM
Post #8 of 8 (1194 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

thanks for the replies, everyone. i'll be pm-ing you as the summer draws nearer.

the trip has taken a bit more shape: i'll now be heading through WY to MT, AB, BC, WA, and OR, hitting the usual spots along the way, and finishing up with a little trip to the Needles north of Los Angeles.

so now i'm specifically looking for partners for alpine routes in the Tetons, Wind Rivers, and Bugaboos, as well as rock partners for Skaha, Squamish, Smith, etc.

the RV is now full, as my SO will be joining me, so i can't offer it any longer. i can, however, offer access to its amenities, including cold beer no matter where we're parked. :P

Forums : Climbing Partners : US - West Coast

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook