Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

sungam

Jul 16, 2008, 1:27 AM
Post #51 of 68 (2406 views)
Shortcut

Re: [sungam] Aliens [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

although you know what's even more right, though possibly out of place and forgotten in this thread?
The PTFTW length of alien.

(This post was edited by sungam on Jul 16, 2008, 1:28 AM)

sungam

Jul 16, 2008, 1:28 AM
Post #52 of 68 (2403 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

But I heard that those were unpopular with some people, and considered out of date technology by many.

CaptainPolution

Jul 16, 2008, 1:29 AM
Post #53 of 68 (2400 views)
Shortcut

Re: [stymingersfink] Aliens [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

stymingersfink wrote:
CaptainPolution wrote:
clee03m wrote:
I don't know. Alien's stem ripped off and a guy that I know decked. And CCH never replied back. Supposely not one of the recalls. I agree that mastercams don't place as well, but I am too much of a scardie cat to trust aliens. Well, except for the pre-historic ones some folks still have...

here is what you need to do. buy some new aliens, build a nest of bomb pro then above that put one of the new aliens and take a whipper on it. if it breaks send it to cch and get a new one until it doesnt break. that way when you whip on it you know it is a good one.
^^^this is not correct

if you can't purchase your pro new off the shelf and trust it to do the job it was built for, why the fuck would you purchase it in the first place?

^^this point seems to be lost on Dave Waggoner for some stoopid fucking reason.

this chap wants aliens, people told him where to buy them. im telling him how to make sure he stays safe. I feel safe on my aliens because I have done this and wouldn't trade them for anything(maybe for top dollar or a hot climber chick). So the question is(you don't need to answer because I already know what will be said) why NOT to buy them?

zeke_sf

Jul 16, 2008, 1:32 AM
Post #54 of 68 (2397 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

sungam wrote:
zeke_sf wrote:
CaptainPolution wrote:
zeke_sf wrote:
CaptainPolution wrote:
here is what you need to do. buy some new aliens, build a nest of bomb pro then above that put one of the new aliens and take a whipper on it. if it breaks send it to cch and get a new one until it doesnt break. that way when you whip on it you know it is a good one.

Climbing with you must be exciting! Instead of an anchor, you get to climb up to a "nest of bomb pro."

"Clip into the nest of bomb pro, duder! Then, I'll make the eagle's flight up to the next perching ledge! CAWWWW!"

a nest and an anchor are two different things. What if you are climbing a route that takes only RP's and there is a runout section of face ahead. are you going to build an anchor before the runout or a nest(or web, durrfrent people call it duhfrent things). climb much?

Why the hell would you test your Aliens on a runout section? CAWWWW!!!
Sorry capitan but he is also right.

FWIW, every piece of pro you place is also considered an anchor. You know, to the rock? I dunno though, this avian-inspired take on rock climbing may have something in it. Excuse me while I soar away. CAAAWWWW!!!

CaptainPolution

Jul 16, 2008, 1:32 AM
Post #55 of 68 (2397 views)
Shortcut

Re: [zeke_sf] Aliens [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

zeke_sf wrote:
CaptainPolution wrote:
zeke_sf wrote:
CaptainPolution wrote:

Climbing with you must be exciting! Instead of an anchor, you get to climb up to a "nest of bomb pro."

"Clip into the nest of bomb pro, duder! Then, I'll make the eagle's flight up to the next perching ledge! CAWWWW!"

a nest and an anchor are two different things. What if you are climbing a route that takes only RP's and there is a runout section of face ahead. are you going to build an anchor before the runout or a nest(or web, durrfrent people call it duhfrent things). climb much?

dude I wasn't even talking about that. you people are insane

CaptainPolution

Jul 16, 2008, 1:34 AM
Post #56 of 68 (2396 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

zeke_sf wrote:
sungam wrote:
zeke_sf wrote:
CaptainPolution wrote:
zeke_sf wrote:
CaptainPolution wrote:

FWIW, every piece of pro you place is also considered an anchor. You know, to the rock? I dunno though, this avian-inspired take on rock climbing may have something in it. Excuse me while I soar away. CAAAWWWW!!!

I see. well would like 3 pieces be considered anchors? like, dude, clip into ze anchors or my anchors are tangled??? I gotta stop talking to you guys

notapplicable

Jul 16, 2008, 3:51 AM
Post #57 of 68 (2348 views)
Shortcut

Re: [stymingersfink] Aliens [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

stymingersfink wrote:
CaptainPolution wrote:
clee03m wrote:
I don't know. Alien's stem ripped off and a guy that I know decked. And CCH never replied back. Supposely not one of the recalls. I agree that mastercams don't place as well, but I am too much of a scardie cat to trust aliens. Well, except for the pre-historic ones some folks still have...

^^^this is not correct

if you can't purchase your pro new off the shelf and trust it to do the job it was built for, why the fuck would you purchase it in the first place?

^^this point seems to be lost on Dave Waggoner for some stoopid fucking reason.

Unlike the preceding statement, ^this^ is 110% CORRECT!

notapplicable

Jul 16, 2008, 3:52 AM
Post #58 of 68 (2346 views)
Shortcut

Re: [CaptainPolution] Aliens [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

CaptainPolution wrote:
zeke_sf wrote:
sungam wrote:
zeke_sf wrote:
CaptainPolution wrote:
zeke_sf wrote:
CaptainPolution wrote:

I see. well would like 3 pieces be considered anchors? like, dude, clip into ze anchors or my anchors are tangled??? I gotta stop talking to you guys

You did get this one right though.

Good job!

notapplicable

Jul 16, 2008, 3:54 AM
Post #59 of 68 (2344 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Arrogant_Bastard] Aliens [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Arrogant_Bastard wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
zeke_sf wrote:
Rockjunkie15 wrote:

In defense of his boyfriend, since edited.

Damn it. I see he was responding to me, what the fuck did I miss?

Somebody paraphrase!

He wants on you.

That can't be good.

Arrogant_Bastard

Jul 16, 2008, 3:52 PM
Post #60 of 68 (2299 views)
Shortcut

Re: [CaptainPolution] Aliens [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

CaptainPolution wrote:
zeke_sf wrote:
CaptainPolution wrote:
zeke_sf wrote:
CaptainPolution wrote:

I think he's beginning to understand.

notapplicable

Jul 16, 2008, 4:43 PM
Post #61 of 68 (2276 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Arrogant_Bastard] Aliens [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Arrogant_Bastard wrote:
CaptainPolution wrote:
zeke_sf wrote:
CaptainPolution wrote:
zeke_sf wrote:
CaptainPolution wrote:

I think he's beginning to understand.

Was kinda funny before he figured it out. I suspect this thread will die now though.

scuclimber

Jul 19, 2008, 12:21 AM
Post #62 of 68 (2149 views)
Shortcut

Re: [notapplicable] Aliens [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

zeke_sf

Jul 19, 2008, 12:57 AM
Post #63 of 68 (2140 views)
Shortcut

Re: [scuclimber] Aliens [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

scuclimber wrote:

I only hope you posted this with a strong dose of irony.

notapplicable

Jul 19, 2008, 1:38 AM
Post #64 of 68 (2129 views)
Shortcut

Re: [scuclimber] Aliens [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

scuclimber wrote:

You are very wrong, infact this thread is so awesome that

notapplicable

Jul 19, 2008, 1:44 AM
Post #65 of 68 (2125 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

zeke_sf wrote:
scuclimber wrote:

Does this look to you like someone thats mastered the fine art of ironing??

zeke_sf

Jul 19, 2008, 1:58 AM
Post #66 of 68 (2116 views)
Shortcut

Re: [notapplicable] Aliens [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

notapplicable wrote:
zeke_sf wrote:
scuclimber wrote:

No way, man. I think he totally lost his shit on the big ledges atop The Grack. He was scared. I mean, lights are out and you're a little kid and you can hear the bogie man breathing scared.

I have seen some funny shit on The Grack. My buddy and I pared down the rack a bit before setting off on it only to encounter a three-person party rapping. The guy who was clearly the designated leader and man in charge told me to watch my buddy because the rope was behind his leg. I said, yeah, okay, but thought, yeah, he's going to fall on the bomber hand jams of a 5.6. I got a chance to eye the guys rack. It looked like he was going to siege a big wall and then I noticed a whole set of screamers. This is a 5.6!

caughtinside

Jul 19, 2008, 5:01 PM
Post #67 of 68 (2031 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

zeke_sf wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
zeke_sf wrote:
scuclimber wrote:

No way, man. I think he totally lost his shit on the big ledges atop The Grack. He was scared. I mean, lights are out and you're a little kid and you can hear the bogie man breathing scared.

I have seen some funny shit on The Grack. My buddy and I pared down the rack a bit before setting off on it only to encounter a three-person party rapping. The guy who was clearly the designated leader and man in charge told me to watch my buddy because the rope was behind his leg. I said, yeah, okay, but thought, yeah, he's going to fall on the bomber hand jams of a 5.6. I got a chance to eye the guys rack. It looked like he was going to siege a big wall and then I noticed a whole set of screamers. This is a 5.6!

Heeeey, I know that dude!

scuclimber

Jul 20, 2008, 10:08 PM
Post #68 of 68 (1958 views)
Shortcut

Re: [caughtinside] Aliens [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

caughtinside wrote:
zeke_sf wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
zeke_sf wrote:
scuclimber wrote:
[image]http://www.llamanade.net/pictures/Thread%20Pics/sucks.jpg[/image]

[image]http://www.rockclimbing.com/images/photos/assets/1/71371-largest_63424.jpg[/image]

Heeeey, I know that dude!

Yes you do. You been updated on Auburn stuff lately?

I was really falling guys, I swear! Shoot, I haven't updated any of that stuff in over two years. I suppose I kinda stopped caring.

HIJACK! Tongue

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Climbing Disciplines : Trad Climbing

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook