Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

jerusry

Nov 11, 2008, 6:57 PM
Post #1 of 31 (1452 views)
Shortcut

New to the forum. =)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Just wanted to say HI to everyone. I am new to the forums, but not new to climbing. I have cruised on this site for a long time, and attained a lot of valuable info thanks to the awesome members on here. I finally decided to actually become a member. Figure I should say hi and Introduce myself.

My name is Jeremy. I live in San Diego and love to climb anything and everything. Along with that I love to work on cars, motorcycles and anything else. I ride street and dirt bikes. I am currently in the process of building a monster daily driver. (Mitsubishi Eclipse GST) I definitley just like any sport/extreme sport/ or outdoor experiences.

I started climbing about 6 years ago. Started off in the gym for a few years, Then did my first climb outdoors and that set it off. Now I am a rock climbing maniac. I pretty much rock climb as much as possible. Which is about 4 times a week. I mainly boulder, due to lack of partners, gear, and the fact that I can find a million boulders of all varying difficulties close to my house. I like trad/sport climbing alot, but as we all know it is harder sometimes to get out and do that. I climb indoor also. And I love to go out and find possible first ascent and love putting together my own problems whether they are difficult or easy all over my area.

I am always up for climbing with people, but don't have very reliable climbing partners at the moment due to them having waaay busier schedules then me. So if you are also in my are, maybe we could join up sometime.

Well, I guess that sums it up. I am excited to be a part of a rock climbing community. Safe climbing everyone! See ya at the crags!

brownie710

Nov 11, 2008, 7:05 PM
Post #2 of 31 (1439 views)
Shortcut

Re: [jerusry] New to the forum. =) [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

since you've cruised the forums I guess your prepared for the possible nasty comments that might come your way with a "new to the forum.=)" post.

Not here though, welcome aboard bud!

Feller

Nov 11, 2008, 7:35 PM
Post #3 of 31 (1418 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

From the "READ THIS FIRST BEFORE POSTING" thread
In reply to:
NEW FOLKS…
We are a dynamic community and some of the regulars have been around since the inception of rockclimbing.com. There are lots of covered topics so if you try to jump right in and start new threads, it will make everyone sad. Try responding to someone else's thread first, rather than starting your own.

Please do not, make a "hello" post or thread.

having said that....welcome!

jerusry

Nov 11, 2008, 9:23 PM
Post #4 of 31 (1384 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Feller] New to the forum. =) [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Oops, sorry guys/gals. Guess I didn't go over the rules section very good. I will seriously go read through all that right now, my bad. I don't wanna be known as the one who broke the rules from day one. lol. Thanks for the warm welcome and seeing past my rookie mistake. =)

Feller

Nov 11, 2008, 9:25 PM
Post #5 of 31 (1378 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

nah, I'm just fuckin with ya. I don't think anyone reads the rules. don't worry, you won't get teh banz for posting a welcome post. unless it had nudy pictures. but if they were REALLY good pictures, then you'd be ok again.

Partner j_ung

Nov 11, 2008, 9:52 PM
Post #6 of 31 (1355 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Banzed for life!

Kidding, of course. Welcome aboard Jeremy. Let me know if you need anything. Smile

rtwilli4

Nov 11, 2008, 11:32 PM
Post #7 of 31 (1311 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Feller wrote:
nah, I'm just fuckin with ya. I don't think anyone reads the rules. don't worry, you won't get teh banz for posting a welcome post. unless it had nudy pictures. but if they were REALLY good pictures, then you'd be ok again.

rules?

Welcome dude. And for breaking the rules, i think you should have to go straight to the "hottest climbing chick" thread and post a much needed picture of a hot climber girl. It's pretty sad over there at the moment.

sungam

Nov 11, 2008, 11:38 PM
Post #8 of 31 (1308 views)
Shortcut

Re: [rtwilli4] New to the forum. =) [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

rtwilli4 wrote:
rules?
Well... More like guidelines, really.
What did you think this was? the 'nam?

rtwilli4

Nov 11, 2008, 11:43 PM
Post #9 of 31 (1297 views)
Shortcut

Re: [sungam] New to the forum. =) [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

where are you now? I'm back at the Red and the weather sucks, i'm outta money, and getting sick so i'm thinking of heading back to raleigh tomorrow.

granitegripper

Nov 12, 2008, 12:23 AM
Post #10 of 31 (1270 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

jerusry wrote:
I live in San Diego I like trad/sport climbing alot, but as we all know it is harder I love to go out and find possible first ascent

I am always up for climbing with people, but don't have very reliable climbing partners at the moment due to them having waaay busier schedules then me. So if you are also in my area, maybe we could join up sometime.

Jerusry,

You left out some important details. Like "I redpoint 11's for warmup" and "I love to lead and I don't mind running it out. So I'll be the rope gun for your winter trip to Keeler Needle."

or I'm scared shitless on 5.6's if the last pro is under my feet.

It makes a big difference. I am here is San Diego too. There are lots of very good climbers, hang out at the crags at the hard routes to meet them.

There are also some web sites that climbers use for local contacts, google them.

quiteatingmysteak

Nov 12, 2008, 1:03 AM
Post #11 of 31 (1254 views)
Shortcut

Re: [granitegripper] New to the forum. =) [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

san diego 4 lyfe

Arrogant_Bastard

Nov 12, 2008, 1:20 AM
Post #12 of 31 (1250 views)
Shortcut

Re: [quiteatingmysteak] New to the forum. =) [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

quiteatingmysteak wrote:
san diego 4 lyfe

Isn't Alleyehave from San Diego?

majid_sabet

Nov 12, 2008, 1:23 AM
Post #13 of 31 (1246 views)
Shortcut

Re: [quiteatingmysteak] New to the forum. =) [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I have a fire retardant jacket made of goat skin for rent. This is a must for any newbie entering RC. Now, be smart and protect yourself against n00b haters and RC flame starters. Just like how you protect yourself with that rubber, the MS goat jacket will protect you in event of major fire storm.

jerusry

Nov 12, 2008, 8:55 AM
Post #14 of 31 (1210 views)
Shortcut

Re: [majid_sabet] New to the forum. =) [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

majid_sabet wrote:
I have a fire retardant jacket made of goat skin for rent. This is a must for any newbie entering RC. Now, be smart and protect yourself against n00b haters and RC flame starters. Just like how you protect yourself with that rubber, the MS goat jacket will protect you in event of major fire storm.

i have been on many forums and can deal with the flamers and haters that like to give you a hard time to make them feel special. when we all knew they were already "special" to begin with. i can deal with that, but if i ever do need that jacket i will ante up for the renters fee. lol.

Toast_in_the_Machine

Nov 12, 2008, 12:28 PM
Post #15 of 31 (1193 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

jerusry wrote:
i have been on many forums and can deal with the flamers and haters that like to give you a hard time to make them feel special. when we all knew they were already "special" to begin with.

What do you mean by "special"??? What kind of people were you insulting in one of your first posts?

sungam

Nov 12, 2008, 1:35 PM
Post #16 of 31 (1186 views)
Shortcut

Re: [rtwilli4] New to the forum. =) [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

rtwilli4 wrote:
where are you now? I'm back at the Red and the weather sucks, i'm outta money, and getting sick so i'm thinking of heading back to raleigh tomorrow.
Goats broke into my friend's tent and the weather came in. We had to run away and replace the fly cover.
I'm heading back up there on sunday, I'll be in chapel hill till then.

superbumbly

Nov 12, 2008, 1:51 PM
Post #17 of 31 (1180 views)
Shortcut

Re: [sungam] New to the forum. =) [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

More blog please Sungam. Don't be selfish, if you can post, you can blog. Can't wait to read the goat storyWink

sungam

Nov 12, 2008, 2:25 PM
Post #18 of 31 (1172 views)
Shortcut

Re: [superbumbly] New to the forum. =) [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

superbumbly wrote:
More blog please Sungam. Don't be selfish, if you can post, you can blog. Can't wait to read the goat storyWink
Heh, I'm catching up right now.
I'm at Nancy's house. my very first free stay with an rc.comer. Smile

jerusry

Nov 12, 2008, 6:18 PM
Post #19 of 31 (1141 views)
Shortcut

Post deleted by jerusry [In reply to]
Report this Post

Arrogant_Bastard

Nov 12, 2008, 6:30 PM
Post #20 of 31 (1134 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

jerusry wrote:
i was insulting the people that like to start fights, arguments, or just talk shit about people on the internet for no reason other then to get satisfaction from making someone feel insignificant or in an attempt to upset them. people also do it to feel better about themselves or just for the sheer entertainment. or maybe they are lacking in the natural instinct to be a decent person. if you were gonna try to start a fight and insinuate that i am inadvertently attacking mentally disabled or retarded people i would ask you to bite your tongue. i would have assumed the people on here won't try to bring up some bullshit like that. this is not the place for it. there is an acute/obvious difference between a attack against them and me trying to find a "forum friendly word" for what i would describe flamer, hater or people that fight on the internet. they are very vulgar words (i believe saying them would get me in trouble on here with the mods) so i tried to use a nicer word. i get into very heated conversations with these types of people and so i have a lot of bad things that i think about people like that in my mind. and would love to say what i want but on other forums have gotten in ALOT of trouble for calling them out, name calling, and trying to correct the error of their ways (which i have learned will never happen) would you like that on the forum? or can i just say special? and appreciate that i am trying to stay civil.

here is a definition of special that may hint at where i am going with my comment. which in no way implies what I KNOW you are implying i said. i would hope you are not looking for a fight, instead of just trying to get clarification.

from the dictionary

special-of a distinct or particular kind or character, distinguished or different from what is ordinary or usual

you i would describe as -ordinary- like most normal people

the "" means think out of the ordinary from what most people think special means (which still in no way has anything to do with mental retardation). i didn't say retarded for a reason.....because i do not think internet asshole are retarded (saying that would inadvertently be putting them in the same category as *MY FRIENDS* (read below**)....especially since i wouldn't ever personally associate with people like that.... if you think i was implying that "special" in this instance meant retarded then i am sorry for that. next time i guess i could not insinuate, but may blatantly have to say what i gotta say, because i now know that people will think the wrong things and try to stir up trouble.

YET, i do appreciate the fact that instead of belittling yourself (in mine or others eyes)by immediately attacking me and jumping to conclusions you thought about it rationally like a normal person and asked for clarification first. it shows that YOU are different than those who would immediately jump on that as a chance to blow things out of proportion. let this be noted that i am in no way the type of person to even say or think in that way.

now going off of what i just said i think you can understand what i meant by what i said. you are clearly not one of those "special" people on the internet. that needs attention. they are the people that don't agree with the try to not offend, try to act civil, can't we all just get along attitude. they get their rocks off thru negative actions, words, belittlement, and verbally trying to attack someone.

It is somewhat relative pertaining to the situation, so may i throw in the fact that during middle and high school i used to volunteer/ take care of/assist 2 mentally retarded/disabled people on a a personal/ more then just (helping them out) kind of volunteer. i wasn't just a volunteer, i was a helping friends as i would describe it. i have no reason or desire to insult or degrade them. Rosie and Michael are two of * MY GOOD FRIENDS* and i know/associated with their entire classes throughout schooling. please do not think that i have any desire to degrade them.

i am sorry for the misunderstanding. now lets get back to talking about some frieking rock climbing and getting to know/ learn from each other.

I'm not reading that.

shockabuku

Nov 12, 2008, 6:37 PM
Post #21 of 31 (1126 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Arrogant_Bastard] New to the forum. =) [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Arrogant_Bastard wrote:
jerusry wrote:
i was insulting the people that like to start fights, arguments, or just talk shit about people on the internet for no reason other then to get satisfaction from making someone feel insignificant or in an attempt to upset them. people also do it to feel better about themselves or just for the sheer entertainment. or maybe they are lacking in the natural instinct to be a decent person. if you were gonna try to start a fight and insinuate that i am inadvertently attacking mentally disabled or retarded people i would ask you to bite your tongue. i would have assumed the people on here won't try to bring up some bullshit like that. this is not the place for it. there is an acute/obvious difference between a attack against them and me trying to find a "forum friendly word" for what i would describe flamer, hater or people that fight on the internet. they are very vulgar words (i believe saying them would get me in trouble on here with the mods) so i tried to use a nicer word. i get into very heated conversations with these types of people and so i have a lot of bad things that i think about people like that in my mind. and would love to say what i want but on other forums have gotten in ALOT of trouble for calling them out, name calling, and trying to correct the error of their ways (which i have learned will never happen) would you like that on the forum? or can i just say special? and appreciate that i am trying to stay civil.

here is a definition of special that may hint at where i am going with my comment. which in no way implies what I KNOW you are implying i said. i would hope you are not looking for a fight, instead of just trying to get clarification.

from the dictionary

special-of a distinct or particular kind or character, distinguished or different from what is ordinary or usual

the "" means think out of the ordinary from what most people think special means (which still in no way has anything to do with mental retardation). i didn't say retarded for a reason.....because i do not think internet asshole are retarded (saying that would inadvertently be putting them in the same category as *MY FRIENDS* (read below**)....especially since i wouldn't ever personally associate with people like that.... if you think i was implying that "special" in this instance meant retarded then i am sorry for that. next time i guess i could not insinuate, but may blatantly have to say what i gotta say, because i now know that people will think the wrong things and try to stir up trouble.

YET, i do appreciate the fact that instead of belittling yourself (in mine or others eyes)by immediately attacking me and jumping to conclusions you thought about it rationally like a normal person and asked for clarification first. it shows that YOU are different than those who would immediately jump on that as a chance to blow things out of proportion. let this be noted that i am in no way the type of person to even say or think in that way.

now going off of what i just said i think you can understand what i meant by what i said. you are clearly not one of those "special" people on the internet. that needs attention. they are the people that don't agree with the try to not offend, try to act civil, can't we all just get along attitude. they get their rocks off thru negative actions, words, belittlement, and verbally trying to attack someone.

It is somewhat relative pertaining to the situation, so may i throw in the fact that during middle and high school i used to volunteer/ take care of/assist 2 mentally retarded/disabled people on a a personal/ more then just (helping them out) kind of volunteer. i wasn't just a volunteer, i was a helping friends as i would describe it. i have no reason or desire to insult or degrade them. Rosie and Michael are two of * MY GOOD FRIENDS* and i know/associated with their entire classes throughout schooling. please do not think that i have any desire to degrade them.

i am sorry for the misunderstanding. now lets get back to talking about some frieking rock climbing and getting to know/ learn from each other.

I'm not reading that.

Me either.

jdefazio

Nov 12, 2008, 6:55 PM
Post #22 of 31 (1117 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

jerusry wrote:

from the dictionary

TLDNR

jerusry

Nov 12, 2008, 6:57 PM
Post #23 of 31 (1115 views)
Shortcut

Re: [granitegripper] New to the forum. =) [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

granitegripper wrote:
Jerusry,

You left out some important details. Like "I redpoint 11's for warmup" and "I love to lead and I don't mind running it out. So I'll be the rope gun for your winter trip to Keeler Needle."

or I'm scared shitless on 5.6's if the last pro is under my feet.

It makes a big difference. I am here is San Diego too. There are lots of very good climbers, hang out at the crags at the hard routes to meet them.

There are also some web sites that climbers use for local contacts, google them.

I enjoy climbing in the 5.10-5.12 range. cannot do 5.13 (i know cuz i have not tried to yet.) lol. i will usually climb/warm up on a 5.10a-d climb. regular routine of challenging myself consists of 5.11+ and sometimes takes a few tries to send the 5.11 b-d routes. i sometimes REALLY try to challenge myself with a 5.12a/b... yet that is my limit 4 now, and i am not FULLY consistent at this grade yet.. and it usually takes a ton of tries and observing the route 4 hours after i wear myself out trying to figure out what the hell i did wrong. lol. but actually, over the next week or so i have my eyes on sending my first 5.12c. i have already climbed 1/3 of the way up and got stuck... so i am gonna be going back until i finally send it.

BTW. i do not lead. i do clean/follow. but i have the 2009 year as my year to build my rack and practice lead climbing. right now i am just learning the ins and outs of the gear that my REGULAR LEAD CLIMBER uses and pretty much just how to lead climb. i am taking it easy on that 4 now to make sure i learn properly and safely. practicing anchoring, actual gear placement. and the difference of leads climbing and just climbing or top roping. and trying to focus on my training, endurance and improving my climbing ability as much as i can in hopes to make the actual hands on learning safer and easier when my learning starts to be going up a route. i am not at that stage yet tho. i would rather take my time and play it safe. =)

any other info you would like or need to know?

i love bouldering and would say my average bouldering grade is in the v3-v5 range. yet i have sent a v6... and i am hoping to expand over the next month or 2 into the regular v4-v6 range and i have my eyes set on a particular v8 climb that i want to send.

we will see how it goes. so, i am a fairly solid climber. but i am in no way some great climber. or an Extremely skilled climber. i think i am fairly decent. =)

so am i cool enough to go climbing with? lol

jerusry

Nov 12, 2008, 7:01 PM
Post #24 of 31 (1107 views)
Shortcut

Re: [jdefazio] New to the forum. =) [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

shockabuku-jdefazio

it is okay, it was directed towards a certain person that had a concern about my demeanor as a person and i had to correct it.. you don't need to read it. lol... on with the thread. lol... my post directly above this is worth a read tho. =) lol

Partner cracklover

Nov 12, 2008, 10:55 PM
Post #25 of 31 (1072 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

jerusry wrote:
shockabuku-jdefazio

it is okay, it was directed towards a certain person that had a concern about my demeanor as a person and i had to correct it.. you don't need to read it. lol... on with the thread. lol... my post directly above this is worth a read tho. =) lol

There's a button called "PM". Use it.

GO

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Climbing Information : General

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook