Forums: Climbing Information: Injury Treatment and Prevention:
Help!!!! Lump in palm, possible pulley injury? or Dupuytren's?
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Injury Treatment and Prevention

Premier Sponsor:

kristenu

Mar 25, 2013, 9:30 PM
Post #1 of 2 (2483 views)
Shortcut

Help!!!! Lump in palm, possible pulley injury? or Dupuytren's?
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

A few weeks ago I was bouldering in the gym and pulled pretty hard through a few crimps. My hand/fingers felt super strained when i came down, and i noticed that there was a small lump in the palm of my hand, about 3/4" below my ring & pinky finger. The pain went away within a few minutes, but the lump has been there for a few weeks now and the tendons in the palm of my hand where the lump is are slightly more visible than normal. I have full mobility and no pain at all, however my pinky finger feels really weak and shakes a bit..help! Can anyone tell me what i might have done? I've been researching for countless hours and all i can come up with is it might be a partial pulley tear, or Dupuytren's, but i'm a 30yr old female so i don't really fit that profile...Can i keep climbing if it doesn't hurt at all? I went to Red Rocks and bouldered hard the weekend after it happened and it didn't bother me, might have gotten slightly more swollen but thats it..
Attachments: photo-17.JPG (48.0 KB)

onceahardman

Mar 27, 2013, 10:25 PM
Post #2 of 2 (2415 views)
Shortcut

Re: [kristenu] Help!!!! Lump in palm, possible pulley injury? or Dupuytren's? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

kristenu wrote:
A few weeks ago I was bouldering in the gym and pulled pretty hard through a few crimps. My hand/fingers felt super strained when i came down, and i noticed that there was a small lump in the palm of my hand, about 3/4" below my ring & pinky finger. The pain went away within a few minutes, but the lump has been there for a few weeks now and the tendons in the palm of my hand where the lump is are slightly more visible than normal. I have full mobility and no pain at all, however my pinky finger feels really weak and shakes a bit..help! Can anyone tell me what i might have done? I've been researching for countless hours and all i can come up with is it might be a partial pulley tear, or Dupuytren's, but i'm a 30yr old female so i don't really fit that profile...Can i keep climbing if it doesn't hurt at all? I went to Red Rocks and bouldered hard the weekend after it happened and it didn't bother me, might have gotten slightly more swollen but thats it..

Dupuytren's is really a contracture. You have no evidence of that. My bet would be a lumbrical injury. Do a search here, I have posted before about it.

Forums : Climbing Information : Injury Treatment and Prevention

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook