RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Injury Treatment and Prevention

Premier Sponsor:

howieehrlich

Nov 19, 2001, 12:07 AM
Post #1 of 6 (2917 views)
Shortcut

Pinched nerve?
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I have a pinched nerve in my neck and have been this wayfor over a month now. I havent been able to climb in about 6 weeks, and its eating at me. has anyone else had this problem? if so, how long did it take you to recover and once you went back to climbing, how long was it before you were climbing the way you were before you were injured? thanks.

beta

Nov 19, 2001, 12:36 AM
Post #2 of 6 (2917 views)
Shortcut

Pinched nerve? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

OUCH!!!!!, six weeks is a long time, It hasn't gotten any better?

Did you get medical attention?, what did they say, and how did you get it in the first place?

Seems like injuries like that are slow to heal from, have you considered chiropractic or massage therapy?

I have sypmathy for you as I have not been able to climb for a couple of weeks now, trying to heal up as well.

Jeff

howieehrlich

Nov 19, 2001, 2:45 AM
Post #3 of 6 (2917 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

i did go to the doc and had an MRI done as well. not a whole lot came out of that except for a prescription for physical therapy, which so far isnt doing a whole lot, but i still have two weeks to go with that. the funy part is that i have no idea how it happened, i just woke up with it and it has been there since, not with the same severity, but still there. at this point, it hurts but it is more annoying than truly painful, as opposed to when it was realy bad and i had to be on strong pain killers (ie codeine). hopefuly it will be better soon.

addiroids

Nov 19, 2001, 2:59 AM
Post #4 of 6 (2917 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Chiropractors can work wonders. About 7 years ago, I just STOOD UP from the breakfast table and couldn't turn my head more than 10 degrees from the 30 degrees to the left that it was locked. It would not move. 2 days and 3 visits to the chiropractor later and I was normal(?) again. Just get a recommendation from your PCP and your insurance (or parent's) will cover most of it.

BUT ONE PRECAUTION: Don't go to any who also advertise in "realigning your Chi" or any new age crap like that. Real medicine is much more than just insence and sayances, and some people can be pretty wacked. You can USUALLY tell from the waiting room if they are legit or not.

TRADitionally yours,

Addiroids

talons05

Nov 20, 2001, 1:13 AM
Post #5 of 6 (2917 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Get thee to a doctor. I agree, chiropractors are the best to deal with this sort of thing.

AW

howieehrlich

Nov 20, 2001, 2:15 AM
Post #6 of 6 (2917 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Thanks for the advice. My PCP and a physical therapist that i have used several times for knee injuries sent me to a physical therapist, but it doesnt seem to be doing a whole hell of a lot. thankfuly, though, the pain subsided to an annoying pain about a week ago, but i still cant climb yet.

Forums : Climbing Information : Injury Treatment and Prevention

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook