Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
Bouldering at Broughton
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

zip_ty

Dec 29, 2006, 7:10 PM
Post #1 of 3 (2994 views)
Shortcut

Bouldering at Broughton  (North_America: United_States: Oregon: Portland_Metro_Area: Broughton_Bluff)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

My crash pad finally came in the mail and it is begging to be used. I want to do some bouldering on Jan 1st if the weather is nice. I've never been to Broughton though.

Can someone tell me if the bouldering will be worth it? I tried looking through the database for bouldering problems but there didn't seem to be many.

Would it be better to just go to Carver? I'm not against paying the $8 if it'll be better.

hemp22

Dec 29, 2006, 8:19 PM
Post #2 of 3 (2986 views)
Shortcut

Re: [zip_ty] Bouldering at Broughton [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

If you're set on just doing bouldering, you're probably better off going to carver. it has a lot more to offer for bouldering.
if you want to get use out of your new pad, it's worth it to pay the "membership fee".

whichever place you go though, keep in mind that even if the bare rock is dry, the ground & moss will still be damp.

freeforsum

Jan 2, 2007, 7:58 PM
Post #3 of 3 (2973 views)
Shortcut

Re: [zip_ty] Bouldering at Broughton [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

zip_ty wrote:
My crash pad finally came in the mail and it is begging to be used. I want to do some bouldering on Jan 1st if the weather is nice. I've never been to Broughton though.

Can someone tell me if the bouldering will be worth it? I tried looking through the database for bouldering problems but there didn't seem to be many.

Would it be better to just go to Carver? I'm not against paying the $8 if it'll be better.

Bouldering at Broughtons. What a joke, you can traverse the wall, boring! Stay at the gym.

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook