Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
rock climbiing in paradise olympos, turkey
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

zwonenonly

Mar 22, 2009, 12:32 PM
Post #1 of 5 (2461 views)
Shortcut

rock climbiing in paradise olympos, turkey  (Europe: Turkey: Antalya: Olympos)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

hi, going in easter for rock climbing in olympos, anyone having tips of best crags and settings, nice places to stay, other things to do/see? Or, eaven better, anyone going there?

olive

Mar 24, 2009, 3:52 AM
Post #2 of 5 (2406 views)
Shortcut

Re: [zwonenonly] rock climbiing in paradise olympos, turkey [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

How long are you going to stay? Olympos is great, yet it is not a huge climbing area - as far as I remember (cause it has been growing since I left) there were 4 crags. When I was there Cennet was the main one - and it is a beautiful wall - though I know the others have been developed more since I last saw the place, too. If you like vertical, very technical climbing Cennet would be the wall for you. Cirali used to have a combination of slab and overhanging stuff, and Horguc had cool overhanging climbs. I have never been to the fourth crag (it is newer)but I heard it has longer climbs. Anyway, it is still enough climbing for few weeks especially if you want to project stuff.

There are lots of places to stay - around this time of the year you can just walk around and see which ones you like the most since this is not a high tourist season. There would be plenty of space everywhere. You can get climbing information from Kadir's Tree houses, though that one is a little further away from the beach/crags, so you might want to stay at a different place.

There is a lot of stuff to do on rests days. You can hike, there are nearby hills, mountains etc. Swim. Take a boat tour. Though in april water would be still cold. Go to chimera. Lie on the beach and read :)

If you have time and wanna check out an other climbing area, I would find a way to go check Geyikbayiri. That is the antalya climbing central. It is in the mountains though and not on the beach as olympos.

Enjoy! I miss the place terribly!

zwonenonly

Mar 24, 2009, 6:11 PM
Post #3 of 5 (2386 views)
Shortcut

Re: [olive] rock climbiing in paradise olympos, turkey [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Wink olive, super, i feel totally excaterated - not only aobu the cllimbing, but about the place in general. Super, super, i will definately pick u up on some of the tips, overhang and all (the techniqal one we'll see about ;-D).
/rufus

hansolo

Mar 26, 2009, 1:00 PM
Post #4 of 5 (2350 views)
Shortcut

Re: [zwonenonly] rock climbiing in paradise olympos, turkey [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I will be in the Olympus region around April 20-24. I have heard great things about the climbing there, especially Geyikbari. Will you stil be there ZW? If so, we should rope up!

zwonenonly

Mar 26, 2009, 5:52 PM
Post #5 of 5 (2322 views)
Shortcut

Re: [hansolo] rock climbiing in paradise olympos, turkey [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

damn, leaving the 14th - another time. Tell u more about afterwards though ;-)
/Rufus

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook