Fraggle Rock - Sport or Trad?
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

*thriller*
Deleted

Aug 4, 2003, 10:50 PM
Post #1 of 2 (2560 views)
Shortcut

Fraggle Rock - Sport or Trad?  (North_America: Canada: Ontario: Golden_Horseshoe: Fraggle_Rock)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

In the routes section on RC.com fraggle rock (Milton, Ontario) is listed as a sport area, but there's no info other than descriptons. In "The Escarpment" it says that the routes all follow natural lines leading me to believe it would be trad. I was hoping to get out there tomorow after writing an exam but wanted to know what to expect - anybody know for sure?

Ian

andypro

Oct 24, 2003, 7:21 AM
Post #2 of 2 (2560 views)
Shortcut

Re: Fraggle Rock - Sport or Trad? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

ok, so this is a little late. hehe. Only a few months though. In case anyone else wants to know...

Fraggle is a 100% natural area. All trad. There are no bolts. There are a FEW places where some yutz fresh out of the gym would want to put bolts, but they're not needed. If you feel like you dont want to run it out on the few faces there are, throw up a toprope. NOT ON THE TREES THOUGH!!!!! This cannot be stressed enough. There are rules set forth by the HRCA on slinging trees (proper methods of padding with rug or whatnot) but NEVER EVER ON A CEDAR! If you do and get caught, youll ruin it for us all. Theres no reason to sling trees if you want to toprope. Lead it or make your way down form the top a few feet and set up and anchor system.

Cant stress it enough. PLEASE DO NOT SLING CEDARS ANYWHERE ON THE KELSO/FRAGGLE area. If you dont know what a cedar is, dont sling ANY trees.

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook