RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Events & Gatherings

Premier Sponsor:

arnoilgner

Mar 29, 2007, 7:48 AM
Post #1 of 1 (544 views)
Shortcut

American Alpine Club - Clinics this Saturday
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I, along with other climbers, will be teaching clinics for the American Alpine Club during their annual meeting this Saturday. The clinics will be at Smith Rocks.
------------------ Clinic Times and Instructors ----------------
7:30 A.M.-9 A.M., CLINIC REGISTRATION, Smith Rock, OPEN TO ALL. FREE!
9:30 A.M.-12 P.M., ROCK CLIMBING CLINICS, SESSION ONE, Smith Rock
1:30 P.M. - 4 P.M., ROCK CLIMBING CLINICS, SESSION TWO, Smith Rock. Featured clinicians include Chris Sharma, Kate Rutherford, Beth Rodden, Tommy Caldwell, Steve House, Josh Wharton, Katie Brown, Jack Tackle, Chris Lindner, Arno Ilgner, Vince Anderson, and Lynn Hill. There are two clinic sessions scheduled for the weekend.
-
Attend the AAC annual meeting and sign up for this clinic online at: www.americanalpineclub.org. The clinic is free if you register for the meeting. See below for my warrior's way clinic description. If you have questions please contact Brittany Griffith (brittany_griffith@hotmail.com) or me (arno@warriorsway.com). Thanks, Arno
-
Title: The Warrior’s Way – Decision Points Clinic
-
Description of clinic
-
A challenging climb can be mentally overwhelming until we learn how to plan well, assess the consequences accurately, make a deliberate decision to engage the climb if it is appropriate, and commit wholeheartedly to it. This clinic will help you do all of these things. You’ll learn how to chunk down a climb into smaller risk events, identify consequences, make appropriate risk decisions based on learning, and commit fully to your choices.
-
This clinic is not for beginners who haven’t climbed before. You must have at least 6 months of climbing experience and know the basics knots, belaying, and climbing skills. We’ll do some discussion but the clinic will consist mostly of climbing exercises.
-
Target Student: Need to know the basics of climbing like knots and belaying.
-
Equipment needed: We will be doing climbing exercises so bring your climbing gear to include a rope and draws.

Forums : Climbing Information : Events & Gatherings

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook