Forums: Climbing Information: Gear Heads:
I am having an Issue with a new pair of climbing shoes and I need advice.
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Gear Heads

Premier Sponsor:

deanb724

Dec 27, 2012, 3:31 AM
Post #1 of 6 (3287 views)
Shortcut

I am having an Issue with a new pair of climbing shoes and I need advice.
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Today I bought myself a pair of Evolv Bandits Brittish size 8.5 (translates to (9.5 US).
A well rated shoe with good reviews.

I wanted a fairly tight fitting shoe so I was trying on many brands and sizes at Cotswold. When I came to the Bandits I found that the size 8.5 fitted me perfectly providing optimum comfort due to their nice complementary shape and tight aggressive fitting...... On the right foot.

The left foot felt a little 'off' but nothing significant until I got home with my new shoes. I stuck them on to sit around with (as you do with new climbing shoes).
Twenty minutes later my right foot felt fine but my left foot was in agony.
When I held both shoes up mirroring them I noticed that that the left shoe was slightly different in shape.
(Use the image above for reference)
the small grey strip below the writing "Bandit" is about 2 cm smaller on the left foot, also the red strip between the rubber and laces on the left foot are about twice as wide as on the right foot. when I compare the length, the left is only about 2 mm shorter and doesn't look like there is a significant difference. Might it be reasonable to say that the left and right are different shapes and so a miss-match is causing the discomfort?

If so I will ask for a replacement pair.

Or is it petty to expect the pairs to be so symmetrical as there wouldn't be a significant difference in fitting?

If so I will have to accept that my left foot is a monstrosity and buy a bigger pair, and suffer having a loosely fitted right shoe.

Do you think If I contacted the manufacturer they would offer to replace the left shoe with a size 9 as
opposed to the 8.5 which is crippling my foot. meaning that both of my feet will feel the same?

gblauer

Dec 27, 2012, 4:01 AM
Post #2 of 6 (3263 views)
Shortcut

Re: [deanb724] I am having an Issue with a new pair of climbing shoes and I need advice. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Evolve will split pairs of shoes (for a small fee)...get a 1/2 size bigger for your bigger foot.

acorneau

Dec 27, 2012, 1:45 PM
Post #3 of 6 (3202 views)
Shortcut

Re: [deanb724] I am having an Issue with a new pair of climbing shoes and I need advice. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

See if the store where you bought them has another pair in the same size to see if that left foot shoe fits better.

Remember that these kind of things are made by hand and can have slight discrepancies is the shape/geometry of the shoes.

shockabuku

Dec 27, 2012, 5:24 PM
Post #4 of 6 (3172 views)
Shortcut

Re: [gblauer] I am having an Issue with a new pair of climbing shoes and I need advice. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

gblauer wrote:
Evolve will split pairs of shoes (for a small fee)...get a 1/2 size bigger for your bigger foot.

$30 (http://www.evolvsports.com/...imbing-shoes/bandit/)

Partner cracklover

Dec 27, 2012, 7:27 PM
Post #5 of 6 (3154 views)
Shortcut

Re: [acorneau] I am having an Issue with a new pair of climbing shoes and I need advice. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

acorneau wrote:
See if the store where you bought them has another pair in the same size to see if that left foot shoe fits better.

This ^^^

In reply to:
Remember that these kind of things are made by hand and can have slight discrepancies is the shape/geometry of the shoes.
It absolutely shouldn't have a big enough difference to be noticeable. If it is, the retailer should send back the one that's off.

GO

bearbreeder

Dec 27, 2012, 7:44 PM
Post #6 of 6 (3142 views)
Shortcut

Re: [cracklover] I am having an Issue with a new pair of climbing shoes and I need advice. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

sportivas ... noticeable

enough said Tongue

Forums : Climbing Information : Gear Heads

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook