RSS FeedRSS Feeds for General

Premier Sponsor:

dave1

Jan 6, 2004, 10:31 AM
Post #1 of 11 (1793 views)
Shortcut

$$$, tribal climbers, dirtbagging
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

It's late, and I'm tired, so my thoughts are pretty random. These ideas were spawned from the dirtbag thread. I wondered how I could dirtbag and make money so that I could afford more man jewelry(gear), and embelish myself in it much the same way as tribal peoples.
Sorry, another random thought interrupted and here it is. What if you were a member of a tribe comprised of climbers. What would the name be? What would your name be? How do you earn your gear (equivalent of feathers? Is the person with the most gear the chief? you could make weapons out of branches, sharpen pitons, and make a spear, or maybe your lost arrows wouldn't be lost anymore? you sould make a snare out of your cordallete, and play tribal games like slack linning and rock warriors. Also when you fight other tribes, your coup stick would be a stick clip. What signifies your status in the tribe? is it the hardest route climbed, or the amount of gear, or how much booty you have, the size of synthetic teepee you own? i'm assuming it's a nomadic tribe. or the type and number of horses/vehicles? or a combination of all the factors? who are the tribal elders? what do youhave to do to become a warrior? 2Anyways, back to my original topic.
There is a fortune to be made. Maybe I should save up, invest in a taco truck, and travel around totally self sufficient. I'd be able to finance my climbing, travel, and I could sleep in the dirt while eating well, and making a profit? Many deep thoughts, or are they hallucinations? Maybe I could find a nice young beatiful mexican woman to go dirtbag climbing and help me out with some of the cooking. I would also be helping to support other dirtbags. I never turn down the bums who want to wash my windows for a buck while I eat, but I just buy them tacos or tostadas instead of giving them $. Climbing dirtbags could do the same, wash tourist's car windows for a buck, or a buck a window for tour busses, or $5 for the bigass front window. They're like bug magnets, and if i was a tour bus driver, i'd pay that for someone to save me all that hassle. Then they (dirtbags) could spend it ($) at my truck, but I'd probably give you tacos for fifty cents, or free if you show me your rack and talk/look dirty, excuse the pun. This way, you could all keep your money, and I'll be charging extra for tourists so I don't take a hit.
Or maybe a climbing guide/brothel outside Red Rocks, NV since its near Vegas; it could be like the Bunny Ranch on the American Pimp Documentary. No, nevermind, I'll listen to my conscience on this idea, but I bet it would be profitable. Just bump up the price of the climb. What do you think of now when I say booty? Pulling that piece out of a crack will never be the same. Damn, even that has a dirty conotation to it. I think I'll stop now. Lets hear what ideas the rest of you have.

dontjinxme

Jan 6, 2004, 10:40 AM
Post #2 of 11 (1793 views)
Shortcut

Re: $$$, tribal climbers, dirtbagging [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

A tid bit to early for me to respond to this understand this particular thread.
Let alone.....respond to it.

Let me get back to it.

esoteric1

Jan 6, 2004, 2:44 PM
Post #3 of 11 (1793 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I got to the feathers part :lol:

reno

Jan 6, 2004, 2:56 PM
Post #4 of 11 (1793 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
It's late, and I'm tired, so my thoughts are pretty random....

**SNIP**

Understatement of the year. ;)

I spent two months unemployed recently, and had it been earlier in the year, I'd have probably went on a dirtbag road trip... load the Jeep with tent, sleeping bag, gear, and a cooler full of food, and start driving.

Then too, I had a savings account to use, and would not have had to work to make the trip happen.

Partner j_ung

Jan 6, 2004, 2:57 PM
Post #5 of 11 (1793 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Whoa Nellie! I agree completely; it is late and you are tired.

Perhaps if you broke all of this out into bullet points...

buckyllama

Jan 6, 2004, 4:05 PM
Post #6 of 11 (1793 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

responding in kind...

I shall call him Squishy and he shall be mine and he shall be my Squishy.

liudolf

Jan 6, 2004, 4:29 PM
Post #7 of 11 (1793 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

As far as what kind of vehicles and stuff, that got me thinking about Mad Max and his crew of hoodlums out in the desert with their dune buggies and all. I think THAT'S the next revolution in dirtbag climbing. Has anyone seen the movie Xtreme Days? Where they have an all out kung-fu battle for the last campsite?

Mad Rax - Beyond Yosemite!

Jeremy

edited to add: By the way, who's to say Mad Max and his boys weren't all about some freaky Oz climbing at Grampians or hanging out in Alice Springs....

craggincragin

Jan 7, 2004, 9:58 PM
Post #8 of 11 (1793 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Rambling insomniacs shouldn't be allowed access to computers.

maculated

Jan 7, 2004, 10:04 PM
Post #9 of 11 (1793 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

This is a thought I had in class yesterday after reading too much Daniel Quinn (read the Story of B, it will leave you disturbed):

I fear aliens for some reason. I can't think of any reason why aliens would come here on a peaceful mission. Why would we go to other planets? Every time humanity has spread outward, it is to conquer and colonize. We are an evil, taker culture. There are plenty of leaver cultures left on this planet where there is not homelessness, hunger, etc.

So that said, is our planet the only one that has developed a taker culture and thus develop space travel capabilities? Is that why were are doomed to destruction? What about this possible ancient culture that is out there in the universe? Are they the same, did they evolve, do they look like us? Are they as smart as us? Are there other culturesout there with technological advances that didn't mess up their planet?

Will there be other taker culture aliens out there who come and try to take over here? Will we have a chance to fight back? SHOULD we fight back? We are doomed. I am scared of aliens.

salami

Jan 7, 2004, 10:40 PM
Post #10 of 11 (1793 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
... so that I could afford more man jewelry(gear), and embelish myself in it much the same way as tribal peoples....

There are pictures of red and green aliens clipped through my nipple rings floating around cyberspace somewhere. :oops:

wongwong

Jan 7, 2004, 11:39 PM
Post #11 of 11 (1793 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Its because I ate the mustard. I KNOW that now. And every time I get up in that funny little balloon, I just cant help thinking about poor Jessie.... and all the marshmellows it took to make her content.

Forums : Climbing Information : General

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook