RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Beginners

Premier Sponsor:

jill9man

Jun 27, 2005, 9:58 PM
Post #1 of 4 (1150 views)
Shortcut

Where do I start?
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I am a 21 yr old female that just moved to the DC area. I really want to start outdoor climbing, but I have no idea where to begin. I have done a little indoor climbing before, but I know I would much rather be on real rocks. Does anyone have any suggestions? Anyone in my area willing to partner up with a beginner?

Partner tgreene

Jun 27, 2005, 10:11 PM
Post #2 of 4 (1150 views)
Shortcut

Re: Where do I start? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

There are a bunch of DC area members that hang out in the [COMMUNITY] forum here....

Try messaging Dookie for starters, and she'll get you pointed in the right direction for sure. Keep in mind that climbers are an elitest bunch though, and generally require being "bought" with good beer! 8^)

fatman

Jun 27, 2005, 10:28 PM
Post #3 of 4 (1150 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

edit- double post

fatman

Jun 27, 2005, 10:29 PM
Post #4 of 4 (1150 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Welcome to DC. You may also want to look at the DC rocklimbing yahoo message board, or PM me and I may have more info. First, let people know what kind of climbing you are into. For example, if it's indoors(though I know you said outdoor), then I hear there are some groups that like to meet at different Sportrock gyms during the week. If it's outdoor toprope, well, Carderock and Great Falls are pretty crowded, and you could ask some people there to show you around. If it's trad, I actually am going out to Seneca in two weeks with a bunch of beginners, and another would be welcome. PM me if interested.

Forums : Climbing Information : Beginners

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook