Forums: Climbing Partners: US - East Coast:
Taking a Trip to New England Soon! Need Partner
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for US - East Coast

Premier Sponsor:

cacontri

Jun 20, 2006, 2:37 AM
Post #1 of 4 (1251 views)
Shortcut

Taking a Trip to New England Soon! Need Partner  (Australasia: Australia: South_Australia: Adelaide: Pelican_Plaza: Storm_boy_wall)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Howdy! Heading to North Conway, NH/Lovell, ME from Tues 6/27-Tues July 4. Would LOVE to find a bouldering and/or climbing partner (or bouldering beta at the very least). Bouldering I'm working on V3-V4, and ropes, I'm working 5.10. Haven't lead, but have followed and would be happy to... am completely winging a road trip with a non-climbing friend... we will have kayaks if you're interested in that. Please climb with me! Must get climbing in the best places in New England while I'm up there! Please help!

dangler1

Jun 20, 2006, 3:31 AM
Post #2 of 4 (1251 views)
Shortcut

Re: Taking a Trip to New England Soon! Need Partner [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Give the guys at Ragged Mountain a call, it's in Conway and they should be able to get you started. North Conway is phenomenal, I spent a month up there back in 1993 and got to do a lot of climbing at Whitehorse and Cathedral ledges. I saw that you weren't leading at this point so you really should try to find someone there who does, the climbing is tall multi-pitch stuff but there is a ton of it that's well within your grade. Your best bet would be to hook up with a local that's familiar with the ledges, they're not bigwall by Yosemite standards but they are big enough that routefinding skills become necessary.

Have fun, I envy your trip.

Hope this helps

kristie_lane

Jun 26, 2006, 2:22 PM
Post #3 of 4 (1251 views)
Shortcut

Re: Taking a Trip to New England Soon! Need Partner [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I live about 45 minutes south of conway. I'm still kinda new to climbing, but I can show you around if you want. I've done mostly sport climbing; top roped 5.10d, lead 5.8. I'm a little rusty since I've only been out a couple times this summer. You mentioned that you'll be bringing kayaks? I also paddle, and could go for that too. My cell # is 603-520-1233 if you're interested in meeting up. Leave a message if I don't answer.

Partner macherry

Jun 27, 2006, 12:28 AM
Post #4 of 4 (1251 views)
Shortcut

macherry moved this thread [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

macherry moved this thread from Events & Gatherings to US - East Coast.

Forums : Climbing Partners : US - East Coast

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook