RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Events & Gatherings

Premier Sponsor:

captainstatic

Sep 18, 2008, 7:21 PM
Post #1 of 21 (6600 views)
Shortcut

RRGCC Rocktoberfest 2008
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

October is fast approaching.. and in the Red River Gorge, that means two things: sending temps and Rocktoberfest, presented this year by Keen Footwear, Black Diamond and Mountain Gear. The RRGCC 8th Annual Roctoberfest will be the weekend of October 10 - 12, 2008. This year's festivities will feature the Reel Rock Film tour on Friday night; a climbing competition, dinner, and party w/bands on Saturday; and clinics w/sponsored athletes on Sunday. Camping will be available at the venue, Natural Bridge Cabin Country Campground (formerly Bee Rocks Village) for the entire weekend. Visit the RRGCC Rocktoberfest site http://rrgcc.org/rocktoberfest/ for more info and to register. Our sponors have pledged to bring an incredible amount of schwag (literally truckloads!) and by pre-registering and inviting friends you can increase your chances of winning more scwag. Proceeds will benefit the purchase of the RRGCC's Pendergrass-Murray Recreational Preserve.

chossmonkey

Sep 18, 2008, 8:12 PM
Post #2 of 21 (6583 views)
Shortcut

Re: [captainstatic] RRGCC Rocktoberfest 2008 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Granite_Grrl and I are going to be there.

Basta916

Sep 18, 2008, 8:41 PM
Post #3 of 21 (6567 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Talking about RRG...
Does anyone know why is "redriverclimbing.com"down for a last week???????

captainstatic

Sep 18, 2008, 8:43 PM
Post #4 of 21 (6564 views)
Shortcut

Re: [chossmonkey] RRGCC Rocktoberfest 2008 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Looking forward to seeing you there!

captainstatic

Sep 18, 2008, 8:48 PM
Post #5 of 21 (6559 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Basta916] RRGCC Rocktoberfest 2008 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

No, not exactly but the site owner is reportedly out of town until Saturday and I'm sure they'll get it back up soon after. So while you RRC.com'ers have nothing better to do, get on over to the http://rrgcc.org site and register for Rocktoberfest :)

Basta916

Sep 18, 2008, 9:22 PM
Post #6 of 21 (6539 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Thank You for a quick reply .... see you in October Wink

captainstatic

Sep 19, 2008, 3:58 PM
Post #7 of 21 (6492 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Basta916] RRGCC Rocktoberfest 2008 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Some more details on Rocktoberfest if you're not already signed up on our e-mail list:

Online Registration is now open for the 8th Annual RRGCC Rocktoberfest!

This year Rocktoberfest is not to be missed. Coming off the killer time that was the Petzl Sponsored Roctrip in 2007, we've got another festival worked out that promises to help you kick the fall season off properly. Black Diamond, Mountain Gear, Keen, and Petzl along with the Red River Gorge Climbers' Coalition are bringing you more live music than ever, as well as climbing films from all over the country.

The Reel Rock Fall Tour will make a stop at our amazing venue in the beautiful Red River Gorge just to get your palms sweaty. Aside from the latest releases from Sender Films and Big Up Productions, the Reel Rock tour includes winners of the short film contest from all over the country.

Now, aside from the killer films all weekend, we've got some amazing talent from right here in Central Kentucky. Our lineup includes the first ever combination of these Central Kentucky powerhouse bands..... The Phat Maverics, Big Fresh, Club Dub, The Sexual Disaster Quartet, The Slant Kings, and our favorite kids from The 23 String Band.

With more music than ever, incredible new films from around the country, athletes from all the climbing rags, clinics for all levels, an all-out throw down enduro competition, and more schwag than your hatchback (and dog) can handle, how much of a bummer would it be to miss Rocktoberfest? Even if you feel like you could forgive yourself for missing the fun, keep in mind all proceeds go straight to the RRGCC and help us pay off the PMRP!

The first 200 to register online will get a bag full of schwag. But hurry and register online now for exclusive online pricing and to guarantee your spots and free goodies. We'll have camping onsite this year so reservations are recommended!

Events, sponsors, venue details, and registration are all explained in detail at http://rrgcc.org/rocktoberfest. Any questions, comments, or generally loving thoughts can be directed to rrgcc@rrgcc.org. If you'd like to help us out with street team efforts by hanging fliers or if you want to volunteer at any point over the weekend kick us an email at volunteer@rrgcc.org.

Thanks For Your Support!
RRGCC Board of Directors

Please check with your friends and forward this email to anyone you know that may be interested. Have them sign up for future emails on the left header at http://www.RRGCC.org.

captainstatic

Oct 1, 2008, 6:43 PM
Post #8 of 21 (6327 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

This is to remind everyone of the importance of preregistering for Rocktoberfest. This is important because the first 200 people to preregister will get a special schwag bag. We are quickly approaching 200 preregistrants. This is also important because we will use the preregistration numbers to determine how much food to get from Bourbon & Toulouse for Saturday night. We cannot guaranteed that you will be able to get dinner Saturday night unless you preregister. Finally, the Sunday clinics will be taught by sponsored athletes. We hope to announce the details of the clinics later this week and I assure you the clinics will fill up once the details are released on the athletes. So get on over to http://rrgcc.org/rocktoberfest/ and preregister to lock in your spot!!!

granite_grrl

Oct 1, 2008, 6:52 PM
Post #9 of 21 (6320 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I can't beleive that there still hasn't been 200 people register yet! I don't know what kind of schwag is being supplied, but I can't wait to see!

As mentioned earlier, keep and eye out for Chossy and me!

captainstatic

Oct 1, 2008, 9:12 PM
Post #10 of 21 (6292 views)
Shortcut

Re: [granite_grrl] RRGCC Rocktoberfest 2008 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

As everyone can see from the climbing news we are looking forward to seeing Emily Harrington and Daniel Woods @ the Red thanks to LaSportiva!

captainstatic

Oct 2, 2008, 6:19 PM
Post #11 of 21 (6181 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

volunteer@rrgcc.org

we still have a lot of slots to fill for volunteers at Rocktoberfest. Please sign up for what you would like to help with and let us know your t-shirt size. We will do our best to accommodate! Thank you for your help!

Friday
Parking at Miguels
2 people needed from 5-8
2 people needed from 8-12
Registration at B-Rocks
1 person needed from 12-4
1 person needed from 4-8

Saturday
Registration at B-Rocks
2 people needed from 8am-12pm
2 people needed from 12-4
2 people needed from 4-8
2 people needed from 8-12am
Dinner Servers at B-Rocks
4 people needed from 3-7
2 people needed from 7-11

Parking at Miguels
2 people needed from 5-8
2 people needed from 8-12

Sunday
Registration at B-Rocks
2 people needed from 7-10
Clinic Support
8 people needed from 8-2
Clean up
6 people needed from 10-2

captainstatic

Oct 3, 2008, 6:17 PM
Post #12 of 21 (6123 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

If you have preregistered for Rocktoberfest - http://rrgcc.org/rocktoberfest/ - you should have received an invite code. Let your friends know about the event, tell them to sign up with your invitation code and earn credits towards winning more schwag! (You must pay prior to the event for your invites to be valid) So mine your address books and get your invites out over the weekend as online registration will shut down prior to the event start.

Jbitz

Oct 4, 2008, 1:40 PM
Post #13 of 21 (6055 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Is there any chance that a Self-Rescue clinic will be added?

I know of at least a couple people that would be interested signing up if offered.

I made it to the event last year and had a great time at the festival. The variety and quality of the routes still amazes me. I can't wait to get back there next weekend.

Clinics
* Men's Beginner: 5.4-5.8 No outside climbing experience
* Women's Beginner: 5.4-5.8 No outside climbing experience
* Men's Intermediate: 5.8-5.9 Some outside climbing experience
* Women's Intermediate: 5.8-5.9 Some outside climbing experience
* Men's Advanced: 5.9-5.11 With outside climbing experience
* Women's Advanced: 5.9-5.11 With outside climbing experience
* Trad Climbing: Co-Ed
* Photography: Co-Ed

Neel

Oct 5, 2008, 7:16 AM
Post #14 of 21 (5988 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

i was planning on going to RRG that weekend anyway, so i'm in!

btw: it's a hell of a drive, and we'll probably be rolling in around 2am... what's the best bet for setting up camp that late at night? is Miguel's doable or will we ending up pissing off a lot of people.... sleep in the car?

chossmonkey

Oct 5, 2008, 11:50 AM
Post #15 of 21 (5969 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Neel] RRGCC Rocktoberfest 2008 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Neel wrote:
i was planning on going to RRG that weekend anyway, so i'm in!

btw: it's a hell of a drive, and we'll probably be rolling in around 2am... what's the best bet for setting up camp that late at night? is Miguel's doable or will we ending up pissing off a lot of people.... sleep in the car?
Just be as quiet as you can when you show up and be sure to pay in the morning.

kane_schutzman

Oct 6, 2008, 1:09 AM
Post #16 of 21 (5925 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

DAMNET I wish I could find someone coming from the south to split a ride with. If you see this, PM me and we can exchange numbers

kane_schutzman

Oct 6, 2008, 1:10 AM
Post #17 of 21 (5923 views)
Shortcut

Re: [kane_schutzman] RRGCC Rocktoberfest 2008 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Oh buddy and at 2am I bet the party is still kicken

chossmonkey

Oct 6, 2008, 1:28 AM
Post #18 of 21 (5919 views)
Shortcut

Re: [kane_schutzman] RRGCC Rocktoberfest 2008 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

kane_schutzman wrote:
Oh buddy and at 2am I bet the party is still kicken
Wasn't last night.

captainstatic

Oct 6, 2008, 6:54 PM
Post #19 of 21 (5850 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Tommy Caldwell, Daniel Woods, Emily Harrington, Whitney Boland, and Justin Sjong are among the sponsored athletes scheduled to teach the Sunday climbing clinics at the RRGCC Rocktoberfest this weekend. John Evans and Chuck Odette of Petzl will also be teaching a climbing photography clinic on Sunday. So if you haven't already registered, get on over to http://rrgcc.org/rocktoberfest/ before these clinics completely fill up. All clinic participants MUST come to the Clinic Meet and Greet on Saturday, October 11th at 7 PM at Bee Rocks. This will give participants the opportunity to meet the instructors and sign liability waivers.

You must pre-register and pay in order to secure your spot. Registration closes at midnight on Wednesday so hurry!

captainstatic

Oct 7, 2008, 3:27 PM
Post #20 of 21 (5800 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Just a reminder that online registration for Rocktoberfest will be closed tomorrow Wednesday, October 8, 2008 at Midnight. One thing to keep in mind is that we are not able to accept credit card payments at the event door. We will only be able to accept cash or checks at the door.

captainstatic

Oct 9, 2008, 6:34 PM
Post #21 of 21 (5732 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

A big thanks to the 200+ people who pre-registered for Rocktoberfest! According to the thermometer on the RRGCC website we are just past the halfway mark towards our 2009 PMRP payment goal. The way things are coming together with the weather forecast we will quite possibly come out of the weekend with the 2009 payment in hand.

A big thanks goes out to to all the volunteers who have helped put this event together and to our event sponsors including: Petzl, La Sportiva, Mountain Gear, Keen, Black Diamond, Five Ten, Prana, North Face, Sterling, Rock & Ice, Red Bull, Primal Spirit Foods, Joshua Tree Climbing Salve, The Access Fund, The American Alpine Club, Miguel's Pizza, Red River Outdoors, Lago Linda Hideaway, Phillip Gall's, The Warrior's Way - Desiderata Institute, and the Solid Rock Climbers for Christ.

Forums : Climbing Information : Events & Gatherings

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook