Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

evanwish

Aug 3, 2010, 8:32 PM
Post #51 of 51 (1781 views)
Shortcut

Re: [xtrmecat] Hauling a pig [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

xtrmecat wrote:
Evans diagram is pretty good. I changed one thing to his system this year and it made a difference. I back myself to the anchor somehow, with just knots at my harness and the other at the anchor, no ascender, no grigri here either. I do not use the ascender where I am trying to pull the haul line, that is where I put the grigri.

Yeah i started off doing it that way using a grigri to pull on the haul line, but it just didn't work out for me as well, I didn't like the extra movement of having to pull the rope through the grigri, especially when resetting the system. Its all just personal preference i guess.

and about the grigri on my anchor line, I don't remember if i heard about that anywhere, but i just got frustrated one day cause i kept having to re-adjust my clove hitch attachment. Super long for hauling efficiency, super short for hanging out at the anchor, long for going back down to unclip the ledge from below the bag, etc... I also don't like to clip my daisy chains to the anchor when we're hanging out because its just more to the cluster.

I'd say the whole thing from clipping the first anchor bolt till you start hauling took about 8 minutes or less. I practiced setting up the whole system hundreds of times while bored in the dorm room or out on the rocks when i wasn't supposed to be doing school crap, and created a system of where my gear will always be on the harness, and found ways to do it faster. Of course though I want to now try out the system you're showing to give it a try! Cause after all, I am technically a big wall no0b because of the misfortune that happened on the third day of my last climb ];

(This post was edited by evanwish on Aug 3, 2010, 8:39 PM)

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Climbing Disciplines : Big Wall and Aid Climbing

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook