Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

vegastradguy

Feb 14, 2011, 2:15 AM
Post #26 of 31 (2362 views)
Shortcut

Re: [rgold] Red Rocks Rendezvous 2011 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

rgold wrote:
Could be wrong, but I'd guess the Brownstone Wall and Windy Canyon won't be overrun...in some past years We've had those places to ourselves during the RRR.

I'd guess Windy wont be too crowded- its kinda out there. Brownstone- it never seems to be crowded, but alot of people climb up there...weird.

Disappearing Buttress will likely be devoid of all people and is home to several very nice multipitch climbs in the 5.7-5.9 category- its relatively new and not in the Handren Guide...

http://www.mountainproject.com/...n_outcrops/106538006

jason_martin

Feb 15, 2011, 7:21 PM
Post #27 of 31 (2337 views)
Shortcut

Re: [vegastradguy] Red Rocks Rendezvous 2011 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Please note that neither the Gallery nor the Panty Wall are on the RRR crag list. Also note that RRR participants generally only have two to three ropes up on a given crag.

The Friday U-Climb will use many of the same crags as the rest of the weekend, but there are a lot fewer participants, usually crews of four to six. Additionally, this day is all run by professional guides that have been instructed to be cooperative and accommodating with un-guided individuals who want to climb at the same crags.

On the internet it looks like the service projects are only two hours, but this is because of the way that the MG webpage works. These projects will be 3.5 hours. The American Alpine Institute will be donating a 6-day Alpinism 1 course to the LVCLC to award to a participant that attends the service project. This course is worth $1190...so it's worth attending if you can!

Jason

erisspirit

Feb 15, 2011, 7:55 PM
Post #28 of 31 (2332 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Gmburns2000] Red Rocks Rendezvous 2011 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (1 rating)  
Can't Post

Gmburns2000 wrote:
Kartessa wrote:
Ohhhh Enigma... u coming for the cheap clinics? We should totally hook up and climb!

this would be worth the price in gold.

+1 ...

I'll take pics

erisspirit

Feb 15, 2011, 8:05 PM
Post #29 of 31 (2329 views)
Shortcut

Re: [erisspirit] Red Rocks Rendezvous 2011 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

hmmm this is a bit tempting... though I'm not sure how much/hard I would actually be able to climb yet .

can I just skip the clinic, and drink more beer? Tongue

actually some of the clinics do sound interesting... wonder if they are cripple friendly Crazy

Kartessa

Feb 15, 2011, 11:25 PM
Post #30 of 31 (2313 views)
Shortcut

Re: [erisspirit] Red Rocks Rendezvous 2011 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

erisspirit wrote:
hmmm this is a bit tempting... though I'm not sure how much/hard I would actually be able to climb yet .

can I just skip the clinic, and drink more beer? Tongue

actually some of the clinics do sound interesting... wonder if they are cripple friendly Crazy

They are totally cripple friendly! I broke my foot last year the night before I went and still had a blast!

Oh and the Trad for the chicken hearted with Malcolm Daly has the shortest approach, so you can learn about placin gear :)

vegastradguy

Feb 16, 2011, 12:31 AM
Post #31 of 31 (2301 views)
Shortcut

Re: [jason_martin] Red Rocks Rendezvous 2011 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

jason_martin wrote:
On the internet it looks like the service projects are only two hours, but this is because of the way that the MG webpage works. These projects will be 3.5 hours.

unless somethings changed in the last 5 days, the service projects are 2hrs festival to festival. at least thats what we're counting on while we plan them...

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Climbing Information : Events & Gatherings

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook