Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
Better than Anticipated
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

circa86

Sep 20, 2010, 1:21 AM
Post #1 of 2 (1654 views)
Shortcut

Better than Anticipated  (North_America: United_States: North_Carolina: Central: Roxboro_Boulders)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I stopped by the boulders on my way to Myrtle Beach. Driving from Rochester NY it only added about an hour to the drive and broke it up nicely. Anyway this was my first time climbing outdoor and I was very happy I went. The hike in was fine, about 15 minutes. There were different skill levels all over the rock. I spent about half the day there. It was also nice that you could climb up the back very easily. Some local kid climbed up the back with his barefoot girlfriend. Don’t get me wrong, the front of the rock had its difficult climbs and I would diffidently go back.
If you are driving a good distance like I did I would recommend staying at Hyco Lake. It’s about 20 minutes from the rock. My girlfriend and I set up tent here for the night. It was $15 a night. I would recommend this to anyone but specifically new climbers because of the basic problems and multiple routes. I got more than I expected.
Attachments: 0814001507.jpg (54.8 KB)

charley

Mar 18, 2011, 8:54 PM
Post #2 of 2 (1419 views)
Shortcut

Re: [circa86] Better than Anticipated [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

It was a busy place today. 4 other ppl in 2 groups coming in as I was leaving. I had a great day.

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook