RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Events & Gatherings

Premier Sponsor:

sonso45

Sep 10, 2011, 4:42 PM
Post #1 of 2 (2009 views)
Shortcut

Jacks Canyon, AZ Adopt an Anchor
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Hi everyone, if you have ever enjoyed a trip to Jacks Canyon in northern AZ you can help to maintain the anchors. Attend or send some funds to replace the well worn bolts/anchors/hangers. It's the beginning of the process, feel free to send comments or suggestions.

Look in the Regional Discussions forum for more info or on Facebook/Jacks Canyon Adopt an Anchor:

https://www.facebook.com/...?eid=187602711311568

(This post was edited by sonso45 on Sep 10, 2011, 8:39 PM)

spaz

Oct 3, 2011, 11:10 PM
Post #2 of 2 (1909 views)
Shortcut

Re: [sonso45] Jacks Canyon, AZ Adopt an Anchor [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Status update: $180 was donated for anchor maint. It has been brought to my attention that the current top anchors are in good shape. Thanks to whoever has been replacing them(most likely Deidre because she's good that way). I have gone and purchased 14 Fixe Draco Biners www.fixehardware.com/sale/sale_0140.htm to put on the top of 7 climbs to reduce wear of the shuts. I would like to put them on the most used climbs that don't already have mussy hooks on them so feed back would be appreciated. Thanks to everyone who has contributed to this effort. I will be heading out to Jack's the weekend of Oct 15-16th to do this. The 14 biners came to 140. I will be using some of the remaining 40 on quick links. Once I know what exactly is left over I will communicate it. If you know of any worn anchors please post route and wall names.

Forums : Climbing Information : Events & Gatherings

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook