Forums: Community: Campground:
A decade of rc.com... (mostly just about me me me though)
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Campground

Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Partner missedyno

Sep 9, 2011, 12:19 AM
Post #1 of 27 (5768 views)
Shortcut

A decade of rc.com... (mostly just about me me me though)
Report this Post
Can't Post

Well geez, been on ol' rc.com for almost a decade now. Used to spend a LOT of time on here in the early 00's!

Anyone out there that I know? *peers into the distance*

I finally got my career stuff sorted after my 6 month climbing roadtrip. I'm a freelance IT project manager now and it's going really well, save for the late invoice payments from most clients (mumble grumble). Freedom is more important than cash to me!

Lived in Squamish for a bit, and now I'm on Vancouver Island. There isn't as much stellar climbing here but a few pockets of high quality sandstone & limestone... and lots of other things to do.

Took 5 months off last winter and snowboarded instead. I called it my snowbatical and got 42 days in. Not that many since snowboarding inbounds costs money.

Anyway, I'm going to travel more soon, hitting 3 new-to-me continents in the next 6 months. Go big or go home... Go big then go home? Something along those lines.

Big hugs to all the old school rc.commers if you're still out there. Wink this is like your twice a decade christmas update letter.

jakedatc

Sep 9, 2011, 1:04 AM
Post #2 of 27 (5764 views)
Shortcut

Re: [missedyno] A decade of rc.com... (mostly just about me me me though) [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

missedyno wrote:
Well geez, been on ol' rc.com for almost a decade now. Used to spend a LOT of time on here in the early 00's!

I finally got my career stuff sorted after my 6 month climbing roadtrip. I'm a freelance IT project manager now and it's going really well, save for the late invoice payments from most clients (mumble grumble). Freedom is more important than cash to me!

Lived in Squamish for a bit, and now I'm on Vancouver Island. There isn't as much stellar climbing here but a few pockets of high quality sandstone & limestone... and lots of other things to do.

Took 5 months off last winter and snowboarded instead. I called it my snowbatical and got 42 days in. Not that many since snowboarding inbounds costs money.

Anyway, I'm going to travel more soon, hitting 3 new-to-me continents in the next 6 months. Go big or go home... Go big then go home? Something along those lines.

Big hugs to all the old school rc.commers if you're still out there. Wink this is like your twice a decade christmas update letter.

:waves: hi Fawkes! :)

Partner macherry

Sep 9, 2011, 3:52 AM
Post #3 of 27 (5753 views)
Shortcut

Re: [jakedatc] A decade of rc.com... (mostly just about me me me though) [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

jakedatc wrote:
missedyno wrote:

+1

krillen

Sep 9, 2011, 2:55 PM
Post #4 of 27 (5733 views)
Shortcut

Re: [macherry] A decade of rc.com... (mostly just about me me me though) [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

macherry wrote:
jakedatc wrote:
missedyno wrote:

+1

What? no "They always comes back" Ma?

Hey Jess!

Partner missedyno

Sep 9, 2011, 5:27 PM
Post #5 of 27 (5726 views)
Shortcut

Re: [krillen] A decade of rc.com... (mostly just about me me me though) [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

fawkesy's in da house! wish i could change my username back :)

Partner camhead

Sep 9, 2011, 10:12 PM
Post #6 of 27 (5712 views)
Shortcut

Re: [missedyno] A decade of rc.com... (mostly just about me me me though) [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

what's up Jess?

Just realized it is my 10-year anniversary, too. Damn.

Partner macherry

Sep 10, 2011, 1:58 AM
Post #7 of 27 (5708 views)
Shortcut

Re: [krillen] A decade of rc.com... (mostly just about me me me though) [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

krillen wrote:
macherry wrote:
jakedatc wrote:
missedyno wrote:

+1

What? no "They always comes back" Ma?

Hey Jess!

not for fawkes

hafilax

Sep 10, 2011, 11:43 PM
Post #8 of 27 (5691 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Saw you in the Grand Wall boulders the other day but it caught me off guard so I didn't say anything. Wondered what you might be up to...

damienclimber

Sep 10, 2011, 11:54 PM
Post #9 of 27 (5689 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

missedyno wrote:

sounds like a great plan. lucky you, great area.
any trip reports, photos?

Partner missedyno

Sep 13, 2011, 10:27 PM
Post #10 of 27 (5648 views)
Shortcut

Re: [hafilax] A decade of rc.com... (mostly just about me me me though) [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

hafilax! that would have been trippy if you had said hi. next time, mmm kay?

Partner missedyno

Sep 13, 2011, 10:28 PM
Post #11 of 27 (5647 views)
Shortcut

Re: [camhead] A decade of rc.com... (mostly just about me me me though) [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
what's up Jess?

Paul, right? damn, the old school folk are still kicking around. where did you end up settling down?

Partner missedyno

Sep 13, 2011, 10:30 PM
Post #12 of 27 (5645 views)
Shortcut

Re: [damienclimber] A decade of rc.com... (mostly just about me me me though) [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

damienclimber wrote:
missedyno wrote:

sounds like a great plan. lucky you, great area.
any trip reports, photos?

hmmm, i posted pics of my snowbatical on flickr. 5 months of snowboarding! i was snowboarding in July this year too! not the best conditions but actually didn't suck, either.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/nokidsordogs/sets/72157625544558652/

hafilax

Sep 15, 2011, 5:06 AM
Post #13 of 27 (5619 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

missedyno wrote:
hafilax! that would have been trippy if you had said hi. next time, mmm kay?
It's a deal. Smile

Partner camhead

Sep 15, 2011, 11:08 AM
Post #14 of 27 (5607 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

missedyno wrote:
camhead wrote:
what's up Jess?

Paul, right? damn, the old school folk are still kicking around. where did you end up settling down?

Settled down in Ohio, actually (ack!). Only 3 hrs from the both the Red and New River Gorges, so getting my Eastern Sandstone fill on.

Partner philbox

Sep 25, 2011, 8:38 PM
Post #15 of 27 (5539 views)
Shortcut

Re: [camhead] A decade of rc.com... (mostly just about me me me though) [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

A drive by wave from me.

So are you going to be coming to Oz on your 3 continents tour or was that an incontinence tour.

Partner rrrADAM

Sep 26, 2011, 4:06 PM
Post #16 of 27 (5522 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Smile

curt

Sep 27, 2011, 7:10 AM
Post #17 of 27 (5501 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I don't get my 10 year badge till August of 2012. Dammit.

Curt

sungam

Sep 27, 2011, 8:13 PM
Post #18 of 27 (5470 views)
Shortcut

Re: [curt] A decade of rc.com... (mostly just about me me me though) [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

curt wrote:
I don't get my 10 year badge till August of 2012. Dammit.

Curt
What a n00b! Tongue

atg200

Oct 5, 2011, 8:58 PM
Post #19 of 27 (5415 views)
Shortcut

Post deleted by atg200 [In reply to]
Report this Post

charley

Oct 16, 2011, 1:49 PM
Post #20 of 27 (5352 views)
Shortcut

Re: [atg200] A decade of rc.com... (mostly just about me me me though) [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Fawkes, good to hear things have worked out well for you.

Partner j_ung

Oct 27, 2011, 4:15 PM
Post #21 of 27 (5271 views)
Shortcut

Re: [charley] A decade of rc.com... (mostly just about me me me though) [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

What's up, Fawkes? Good to hear from ya!

Partner missedyno

Nov 23, 2011, 5:37 AM
Post #22 of 27 (5161 views)
Shortcut

Re: [rrrADAM] A decade of rc.com... (mostly just about me me me though) [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

rrrADAM wrote:
Smile

Adam, can't believe you've still got the same ol' profile pic! still in cali?

Partner missedyno

Nov 23, 2011, 5:40 AM
Post #23 of 27 (5159 views)
Shortcut

Re: [philbox] A decade of rc.com... (mostly just about me me me though) [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

philbox wrote:
A drive by wave from me.

So are you going to be coming to Oz on your 3 continents tour or was that an incontinence tour.

y'know phil, i was wondering if you still had a couch for ol' fawksey... any bouldering nearby or just that geeky rope stuff?

Partner missedyno

Nov 23, 2011, 5:42 AM
Post #24 of 27 (5158 views)
Shortcut

Re: [atg200] A decade of rc.com... (mostly just about me me me though) [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

atg200 wrote:
Climbing with you once at a gym in Toronto is sadly still the only time i've climbed in Canada.

and they tore that gym down to put up a parking lot - oh and a bunch of condos. :(

Partner missedyno

Nov 23, 2011, 5:44 AM
Post #25 of 27 (5157 views)
Shortcut

Re: [j_ung] A decade of rc.com... (mostly just about me me me though) [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

j_ung wrote:
What's up, Fawkes? Good to hear from ya!

jay!! are you still in fayetteville? oooh how i miss that eastern sandstone... there's a bit of it here... a very small area but pretty good quality

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook