RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Gear Heads

Premier Sponsor:

KellyHutcheson

Apr 23, 2013, 2:38 AM
Post #1 of 5 (4208 views)
Shortcut

Symmetrical shoes
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I am new to bouldering (love at first climb.) i have mortons toe, and I have been renting shoes at the gym but they do not offer a symmetrical shoe. I need good low volume, symmetrical shoe that is affordable (I don't want to jump into a $150 pair of shoes right off the bat but I don't want to keep climbing in discomfort and have it turn me off altogether!)I have seen the demorto but I need low volume for my low ankles and narrow feet. My Morton's toe is in my 2nd and 3rd toe (they are the same length). I plan on getting them in a store but I need some help getting pointed in the right direction!

SE_climber

Apr 23, 2013, 4:14 AM
Post #2 of 5 (4187 views)
Shortcut

Re: [KellyHutcheson] Symmetrical shoes [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I, too, have a morton's toe and low volume foot. My first pair of shoes was Five Ten's Women's Fox--I don't think they are making them anymore, but you may still be able to find them in stores and online. I outgrew them (wanted something more advanced) pretty quickly, though I will still throw them on occasionally as they are the most comfortable pair I own. Anasazi LVs, their replacements, are awesome.

You may also want to look at the Anasazi Moccasyms, the lace up Spires, or the La Sportiva Women's Mythos.

All of these (except the Anasazi LV's) are leather, so they will stretch (consider sizing very uncomfortably tight, without being out-and-out torturous). And shoes with laces, despite not being marketed as "low volume" will often let you get the shoe tight around your foot.

Or, as many others will tell you, try on everything and buy what feels best and fits your price-point Wink

(This post was edited by SE_climber on Apr 23, 2013, 4:35 AM)

bearbreeder

Apr 23, 2013, 1:17 PM
Post #3 of 5 (4124 views)
Shortcut

Re: [SE_climber] Symmetrical shoes [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (2 ratings)  
Can't Post

SE_climber wrote:

Or, as many others will tell you, try on everything and buy what feels best and fits your price-point Wink

your wisdom is most un-RC like Wink

only your feet can tell you what will fit and feel best .. not some RC-er on the intrawebs

its that simple Tongue

amarius

Apr 23, 2013, 1:36 PM
Post #4 of 5 (4114 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Evolv has a few symmetric lasts -
Prime SC

lena_chita

Apr 23, 2013, 2:18 PM
Post #5 of 5 (4094 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Evolv Demorto is symmetrically built and specifically says that it is comfortable for people with Morton toes

http://www.backcountry.com/...e2-9dea-001b2166becc

Forums : Climbing Information : Gear Heads

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook