Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

caveclimber

Jun 13, 2002, 10:19 AM
Post #26 of 28 (2134 views)
Shortcut

rc.com get together in Arkansas [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Great Idea I would love to go. Give Directions or something and exact times and I am there. Don't know how well I will do but I hope to learn alot and try alot.

arrockgirl

Jun 17, 2002, 12:47 PM
Post #27 of 28 (2134 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Count me in for the weekend of the 28-30th! I am living right up the road in Jasper this summer, and may not be able to make it until Saturday, since I might have to work Friday nite.

I work at the Pizza Pro and Dogwood Springs Campground in Jasper (this campground has the only public showers in the county....$4 each, btw). Anyway, I'm sure I can bring at least one pizza with me when I come!

Reminder to non-locals: This is a dry county, so bring your alcohol with you if you plan on throwing back a cold one. If you are coming from TN, closest liquor store is at Blackwell, about 20 miles before the Hwy. 7 Exit, which is the most direct route to Sams and Fraggle.

Anyone wanting to come up to Jasper before or after to camp or hang out give me a call.
(870)446-2475 - Pizza Pro or (870)446-2845 - my house, call late or anytime. I can get you a tent site here for $5 per person per nite.

Also, if you have a few extra days, you might want to check out Horseshoe Canyon. It's about 20 minutes west of Jasper, and you can camp and climb there for $5 per person per day. PM me for details or I can post here.

Looking forward to it!

- Jules

justsendingits

Jun 17, 2002, 1:13 PM
Post #28 of 28 (2134 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Horse shou canyon is the sh*t!!!!!Guy named Barry owns it.It's for rich people,but he has a couple of ranch hands that climb!So he is cool!!!Let me and my friens camp there 4 free in March.Said I could put up routes wherver I wanted,and had the bolts and drill!!!!Yippie!!!!!----I might have 2 go down jasper to pick up gear b4 I leave 4 Yosemite,6/30.But really it is 2 hot 2 climb that time of year.I will be down there in rocktober,the best month 2 climb in the midwest.Fuc&(#g Arkansas Rules!!!! Check out the grand traverse at the deliverance area!!!!Also Indian creek is a great hike on a rest day. (best in the spring)If u do hike it,keep going whenever u think it ends,it does not,it keeps going.

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Climbing Information : Events & Gatherings

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook