Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

aimeerose

Jan 1, 2005, 5:05 AM
Post #26 of 35 (1465 views)
Shortcut

Re: "Girls don't grunt" [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Grunting good, cursing okay if necessary, but idle chit-chat bad. Or, just making tons of noise. I think it's a bad habit lots of newbies pick up in the gym to chit chat about every single move. Not to be cold, but we really don't care. Making noise if you are pushing yourself is fine and maybe a quick curse work when you fall off is okay too, but unending monologues are not cool.

rockgal

Jan 1, 2005, 3:34 PM
Post #27 of 35 (1465 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I picked up the bad habits from the guys I climb with, so now when I fall I catch myself cursing, which I then normally try to change into a grunt or when all else fails an exasperated scream. :oops: :

goofyc

Jan 2, 2005, 3:08 AM
Post #28 of 35 (1465 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I grunt, groan, and let out a low G-Damnit when I miss my mark! I have not screamed yet! :D But I do cuss up a storm when the children are out of ear shot! :) I also say Frickin Frackin Frackin Frickin (like Yosemite Sam) instead of the F-Bomb. :wink:

e_free

Jan 2, 2005, 6:10 AM
Post #29 of 35 (1465 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

When focused on making a hard move (thinking about what to do), I sort of zone and am silent... i find my breathing is very controlled, and that as I move in the crux I grunt in each difficult move when powering through something. Otherwise, laughing because my brothers say rediculous things to me when theyre belaying, and also the "eee!!!" scream when almost falling or encountering some kind of bug on my way up.

Partner missedyno

Jan 3, 2005, 12:24 AM
Post #30 of 35 (1465 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

i just got back from vacation, and when trying to finish a particularly tough sloper top-out, i let out a "shizzzniiiiiit!" which helped alot, actually... :oops:

rainvine

Feb 12, 2005, 3:01 AM
Post #31 of 35 (1465 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I didn't realize it until my guy friend at the gym told me, but I hum something that sounds like a Neil Diamond song when things start getting tough when I climb. When he finally told me after we'd been climbing for a couple months, I was like, "Holy crap...I DO?!?!!!!"
Apparently I also make sounds like I'm very stimulated by the wall. Grunt, moan, hum, bite my bottem lip, talk to myself. The only thing I don't do is swear. Which I'm really glad I don't because I need to keep something for private for just my husband. *lol*

- Alyssa

climbhigh2005

Feb 14, 2005, 6:47 PM
Post #32 of 35 (1465 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
All of the above. :oops:

Which is actually quite embaressing considering I'm making all that noise on a 5.8.

I sometimes try and keep quiet on a route because I know it pisses people off, but the minute I forget about my surroundings I inevitably curse and scream and make animal noises. I think that I'm just a noisy person, in climbing and in other arenas.

K.

LOL word

climbhigh2005

Feb 14, 2005, 6:51 PM
Post #33 of 35 (1465 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
In reply to:
Last night I was "grunting" to my son, who is a year old and likes to play mimic games when his dad said to him, "Girls aren't supposed to grunt, Mason!"

Yeah, right! :roll: :roll: And their farts smell like roses, too... :roll: :roll:

Tell "his dad" to try and join us in the 21st century, it's actually quite nice here. :) :)

Funny that you should say that because when we first got together, he was in total denial that women pooped. He said he just didn't want to think about it. He had delicate sensibilities I guess.

I gave his delicate sensibilities a big wake up call when I forcefully expelled our son from my womb into the warm tub of water we were both sitting in a year ago. :wink:

He's opening his eyes to the century, but rubbing them like the light burns! He's a great guy. I lub him. :D

I know a lot of guys that wont not accept the fact that girls fart and poop.. however my bf and I have farting wars and what not... lol... Isnt it great to be yourself?? as a matter of fact as I type this Im sitting in a class room full of people holding back a fart... lol :should I let it rip?:

Partner tradman

Feb 18, 2005, 1:26 PM
Post #34 of 35 (1465 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Heh. Great thread!

One of my partners, Lu, is a great climber and load sof fun to be with, but the swears that come out of her mouth on the lead are like nothing I've ever heard.

I know she's cool as a cucumber on the inside, but as soon as she's ten feet off the deck her mouth is redlining! She's great!

autumngirl

Feb 18, 2005, 7:18 PM
Post #35 of 35 (1465 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
unfortunately i started climbing with a girl who was really into vocalizing her frustrations/accomplishments/every move when climbing.
i followed her example and took up swearing profusely every time a move evaded me. i was very loud.

I'm definately the same - except I started climbing with a bunch of guys from my college and tended to be the only girl. I am loud to begin with and when I'd get frustrated by not being able to send some of the routes the top guy climbers could, I'd swear my head off and try to act tough..... :oops: And this is as recently as this past fall! I definately am going to try to focus on being determined but respectful of the climbers around me this spring!

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : The Ladies' Room

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook