Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Partner happiegrrrl

Dec 19, 2009, 5:45 PM
Post #26 of 27 (913 views)
Shortcut

Re: [camhead] Hair Conditioner Safe for Use in River [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

The water source I used is actually a cistern(reservoir for holding water). I am fairly certain the water is collected from an underground spring and not surface water, so that is a plus.

One of the guys working at the Coxing Trailhead this year also works for DEC, and his area was water health(that's not the correct term, but his job included dredging streams to analyze the contents and note the health of the stream).

He said to be careful about a water source on a lower portion of slope after heavy rains, because animal doodoo and other pollutants will get washed into the ground, and the water and gravity will take it downward.

Even so, I didn't worry too much about it, since that area is unpopulated(of people, anyway). Plus, I just don't see much risk. I suppose anyone who has ever had an intestinal illness gained from drinking water would have something to say about such an attitude though....

wonderwoman

Dec 19, 2009, 6:17 PM
Post #27 of 27 (906 views)
Shortcut

Re: [happiegrrrl] Hair Conditioner Safe for Use in River [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

happiegrrrl wrote:
He said to be careful about a water source on a lower portion of slope after heavy rains, because animal doodoo and other pollutants will get washed into the ground, and the water and gravity will take it downward.

Funny reading this right now, considering I just answered a homework question regarding heavy rainfall and the rise of giardia and cryptosporidium (protozoa from animal doo-doo). Glad you stayed well and had a good time! :)

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : The Ladies' Room

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook